Worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute fecking shite, last year before Billy Davies took over Derby were a shambles whilst Reading were average until Steve Coppell took over the reigns, we are lacking strong leadership and a winning mentality.

I Agree. while i think having a all 'new' players is a problem, a good manager will get them to gel quickly. it didn't take chelsea long.

I Agree. while i think having a all 'new' players is a problem, a good manager will get them to gel quickly. it didn't take chelsea long.

I'm assuming that the comparison to world class Chelsea players gelling with other world class players they brought in is a tongue in cheek reference to the Championship/Div 1 level players we have and the Championship level players we will bring in?!

And thats ignoring the fact that Mourinho hasn't gelled Shevchenko, Ballack, Mikel, Cole etc in that well so far either

Absolute fecking shite, last year before Billy Davies took over Derby were a shambles whilst Reading were average until Steve Coppell took over the reigns, we are lacking strong leadership and a winning mentality.

I'd disagree with the Reading one - the players that got promoted last year had around 100+ games together at Reading before Coppell did anything with them and Pardew hardly left them average.

I'd disagree with the Reading one - the players that got promoted last year had around 100+ games together at Reading before Coppell did anything with them and Pardew hardly left them average.

and Derby?.....:102:

and Derby?.....:102:

Well I'd assume by only disagreeing with Reading that I would be agreeing that Derby have gelled players together superbly this season. However, in the 2 seasons prior to BD arriving they struggled at the bottom of the Championship but blooded alot of young players who are still the nucleus of the squad.

However, unlike the loyal City fans, the Sheep take great pleasure in pointing out that they backed the youngsters through their development and were patient instead of berating them after every poor game and calling for a change of manager every month.

Last edited:
Derby still have a number of players who've been there for several years.

Davies has worked wonders, though.

why are we all looking for excuses? At the end of the day the players we have are either not good enough or they could not give a shit, take your pick.
All this bollux about gelling is bollux.....

Well I'd assume by only disagreeing with Reading that I would be agreeing that Derby have gelled players together superbly this season. However, in the 2 seasons prior to BD arriving they struggled at the bottom of the Championship but blooded alot of young players who are still the nucleus of the squad.

However, unlike the loyal City fans, the Sheep take great pleasure in pointing out that they backed the youngsters through their development and were patient instead of berating them after every poor game and calling for a change of manager every month.

I could have sworn that they were either in a recent play off or very near to it in the last 2 seasons.....:102:

why are we all looking for excuses? At the end of the day the players we have are either not good enough or they could not give a shit, take your pick.

It's the not giving a shit that's the problem. It takes time to build up real affinity and affection for the club. New players come in to clubs all the time, sure, but our particular problem is that there's no-one who's been here for any length of time who will have built up that affection and be able to pass it on. The nearest we have is that tosser Birch - and who's going to take him seriously?

If we had a stronger Manager then maybe the Players would take a bit more pride in the shirt etc.Seems to me they know they can get away with putting minimum effort in because RK will put a shoulder around them rather boot up the arse.I could be wrong though

2004-2005 they finished 4th......

My mistake on Derby, its been 18 months as they were in the Playoffs May 2005.

I disagree about gelling though, its rare occassions where a new bunch of players (more than 3-4) go straight into a team and gel immediately.

Anyway, as for excuses, there are none, the table doesn't lie, my argument has been that the players we have have potential to be better but need some additions and that if you look at them not many have played at any level higher than where we are now.

My other view is that RK has had no money to improve the team as yet and so I personally would like to see him given some money to fund new players rather than scratching around for cheap lower league players and old freebies on low wages.

As said before I don't like or rate Dowie or Newell and would prefer RK to either of them.

If we had a stronger Manager then maybe the Players would take a bit more pride in the shirt etc.Seems to me they know they can get away with putting minimum effort in because RK will put a shoulder around them rather boot up the arse.I could be wrong though

Again my personal view is that I've not been down to City and seen players not trying - effort though doesn't win games and we don't have the quality to carve teams open or finish chances consistently and same goes at the back.

At the moment its 1 step forward, 2 back as we lose 2, draw 2 then win a couple before we start that cycle again.

Funny that because isn't Billy Davies the fourth manager the Sheep have had in about the last 18 months :102: Burley, Brown who was hounded out in little over 6 months, Westley and now Davies, does not really give much creedance to your argument, but then again Dunc you seem to always want to paint such a negative picture of City fans who are not prepared to accept mediocrity.

Funny that because isn't Billy Davies the fourth manager the Sheep have had in about the last 18 months :102: Burley, Brown who was hounded out in little over 6 months, Westley and now Davies, does not really give much creedance to your argument, but then again Dunc you seem to always want to paint such a negative picture of City fans who are not prepared to accept mediocrity.

Ah, but the difference is that aside from Burley the fans weren't calling for the heads of managers.

And as for accepting mediocrity, you have to accept reality and the reality is that until MM or AN Other comes in with some money we have a group of young players who aren't good enough but the majority of whom are still learning and could prove to be good enough in a few years.

Without money we are stuck with what we have, and I don't see any manager (without MM or alternative) seeing us as attractive without funds to do what he wants - therefore I believe RK is the best bet we have and still think he is a better bet than Dowie or Newell anyway.

Sacking RK without any funding is pointless, and with MM is not what I think is right (personal opinion), and so saying he should be sacked I can't agree with in either scenario

Last edited:
From The Blue Army

Manager Robert Kelly admits he will be relieved when the uncertainty over the Milan Mandaric takeover is resolved and Leicester City's future becomes clearer.

City's defeat at Cardiff on Saturday underlined what they need - more points soon, more players soon and, soonest of all, the Mandaric takeover completed.

Kelly said: "I think everyone - ourselves and the supporters - will be relieved when it is all over. We need to know what direction we are moving in and I think everyone would benefit from it being resolved."

This week of all weeks the picture is no clearer. With the transfer window closing on Wednesday, Kelly's hands remain tied in terms of significant moves. Indeed, he might find himself trying to stave off approaches for members of his dwindling squad.

The word from both sides in the takeover is that it is all but completed. But, until it is actually finalised, everything is up in the air, especially any plans Kelly has formulated.

City hover four points above the relegation frame they inhabited around this time last year.

That again stresses the importance of the new money coming in while it is still of use.

The way things are going, this week can be written off for transfers and any move will have to wait until the loan window re-opens on February 7.

A clearly frustrated Kelly said: "We just have to get on with it."

Speculation about Kelly's own position has surfaced but he is the only one Mandaric has discussed City plans with on his various visits to the club and to the training ground.

Kelly said: "I have had brief general conversations with him but nothing in depth because, with the best will in the world, he is not yet an official of the club."

So for Kelly it is back to the training ground under the cloud of uncertainty which will only clear when the deal is completed - and until then he has to work with what he has got.

He again saw some praiseworthy play from his men at Cardiff, but no victory. He said: "We had chances which might have made for a different outcome, especially opportunities to get it back to 1-1 just after half- time. But that is us - inconsistent - and we have to find an answer to it."

Still no clearer then ....

My other view is that RK has had no money to improve the team as yet and so I personally would like to see him given some money to fund new players rather than scratching around for cheap lower league players and old freebies on low wages.

Steady on Dunc, you are in danger of having a sense of perspective which has not been seen on this site for a while.

We are on course for a similar finish to last season which isn't massively surprising since we have not signed anyone of note due to the lack of cash at the club. We need a decent striker of the quality of Earnshaw, Chopra, Lupoli, Lita.

If the current board are f*ckwits for taking Leicester from a club saddled with unsustainable wages and contracts to one where we have a young side that can maintain championship status, I don't what that makes the doom merchants on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669