Worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch City because I am proud of where I come from and proud of the shirt.

I am finding it increasingly hard to be proud at the moment because it looks obvious that the essence of what it is to play for Leicester is dead. These players don't care about winning or losing, they just want money and noteriety.

A friend of mine went to the club shop today and was nearly mowed down by Richard Stearman driving his Porche around the stadium before they travelled to cardiff. He was driving on the wrong side of the road as fast as he could.

Does he deserve my money? Does he deserve fast expensive cars? He isn't even very good at his job. None of them are and none of them deserve the privilaged position they have. I would kill to be good enough to play for Leicester and I would give 100% effort for that shirt.

I don't see that! I haven't seen that for an age! I think possibly Steve Walsh was the last.

I'm sorry but I have reached the point where I am sick of tolerating it. I know that those players can play better than they have. They showed they could against Villa and Fulham. They only play when it suits them, and when they can be in the shop window, and to me that is like showing honest hard working fans the finger.

They need a rocket up their arse not an arm around the shoulder.:098:

Brilliant post.

i agree!

the players today are money grabbing feckers that dont deserve the chance to play in a proffesion we all love!

But when i go down to the Walkers (even though we havent got much of it at the moment) i go for the atmosphere, to be part of the crowd! To support a team as a team! I go for the banter and to moan about it all monday morning at work!

It isn't a team though. It is a collection of underachievers who above all else are individuals. I don't see them breaking their necks for each other.

Live and die as a team or go out with a whimper as we are now doing as individuals.

I feel sick supporting that.

Thanks Alex.

Sorry if it sounds like I am moaning but I just feel sick when I think about what we (LCFC) have become.

Thanks Alex.

Sorry if it sounds like I am moaning but I just feel sick when I think about what we (LCFC) have become.

Your point about the ego if our team is totally spot on IMO, and they are being led by Mike (punch-up) Stowell and Rob (nice guy, but couldn't get the team going unless SKY or Premiership opposition helped) who are not helping.

I get the impression that Kelly is everyone's mate. They don't need a mate they need a boss who gets the best out of them. As I said before a good rocket up the arse is in order.

I get the impression that Kelly is everyone's mate. They don't need a mate they need a boss who gets the best out of them. As I said before a good rocket up the arse is in order.

I get the impression he has petty fueds and those that he will support and those he will not. ;)

I get the impression he has petty fueds and those that he will support and those he will not. ;)

thats sticks out like a sore thumb, and if it is true its bad managment at its highest. The club provide him with players and he should always put out the best and strongest team week in week out. But he has a silly tiff with a player and we dont see him for weeks.....

Also I am with Silver on this, if we go down I stop going down. I have not paid my season ticket monies or fortunes in the shop to see small teams like Orient and Brentford play us....

You would think that they would have some sense of pride and team spirit, but they are always looking to us lot to back them when they are losing and give them plaudits when they are winning. But when do they give 100%? When was the last time one of that lot went off the pitch saying I did my best today? Possibly not for about 7 years, which means that none of the players who wear the shirt are capable of saying that.

We used to have players with spirit by the bucketload:-

Taggs
Elliott
Walshie
Lennon
Savage (Although misguided at times and he is an arse)
Flowers
Cottee
Even big Emile with the right manager...

But this current lot prance around the pitch like a bunch of strangers.Each knowing that they will get a game and a fat paycheck somewhere else when the leave us in whatever division their wasted talent takes us to. There are the odd exceptions who try but are worn down to the level of the workshy members of the team.

And that is before we even start on the 'motivational' abilities of the 'manager'...

Scarborofox... I can understand what you are getting at, but if I came to Walkers to escape my life, I would expect me every day life to consist of being in prison, sharing a cell with a 7' brickshithouse called Bubba who had taken a fancy to me...

You would think that they would have some sense of pride and team spirit,
But this current lot prance around the pitch like a bunch of strangers.

Apart from the kids, they are a bunch of strangers, though, just doing a job of work and none of them here for more than a couple of years. They're bought in, and they'll be sold or let go at some point.

Pride and team spirit died in Leicester long ago - and I don't particularly blame the players for that.

This current bunch play like they think that a top premiership club is waiting just round the corner for them. I've got news for you chaps - you're shite and LCFC is the best any of you is going to get. Now play like you mean it.

Apart from the kids, they are a bunch of strangers, though, just doing a job of work and none of them here for more than a couple of years. They're bought in, and they'll be sold or let go at some point.

Pride and team spirit died in Leicester long ago - and I don't particularly blame the players for that.

How would you propose this is bettered? Reading have a fabulous team spirit, as do Derby County. All of their squads are put together, are you suggesting all we need is a few big players to gel the team?

How would you propose this is bettered? Reading have a fabulous team spirit, as do Derby County. All of their squads are put together, are you suggesting all we need is a few big players to gel the team?

That none of our lot have been here for more than a couple of years is a key part of it. Derby and Reading have players who have been at the club for years.

That none of our lot have been here for more than a couple of years is a key part of it. Derby and Reading have players who have been at the club for years.

But surely there's no way we can do anything about that aside from encouraging our better players to stay, is there?

But surely there's no way we can do anything about that aside from encouraging our better players to stay, is there?

A manager who says play your hearts out for the privilge of wearing the shirt or I'll rip your fecking heads off would be a start!!!!!!!!

Absolute fecking shite, last year before Billy Davies took over Derby were a shambles whilst Reading were average until Steve Coppell took over the reigns, we are lacking strong leadership and a winning mentality.

Absolute fecking shite, last year before Billy Davies took over Derby were a shambles whilst Reading were average until Steve Coppell took over the reigns, we are lacking strong leadership and a winning mentality.
Trouble is A-Z we missed the boat with the likes of Billy Davies and to be honest there are no strong leaders currently available so until the summer we should stand by RK, personally I don't believe he will get us relegated although many tb'rs think he will.

I agree, we do need a bit of satbility, wer tried to work out the longest serving player a few weeks ago, and apart from the players who came through the youth team we worked out it was Tiatto, who's only been here 2 & a half seasons :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669