Worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried. FACT!

Mainly because it was another lay-down and die performance. The youngsters have seemed to have developed the 'modern day footballer attitude' all too easy. I want to see a competitive and hungry side with some bright sparks aswell. But most of all, I want to see a manager who breeds confidence and is not waiting on decisions at higher board level.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop saying let's judge Rob Kelly whn he has some money to spend. Of course he will be in amuch better position then because he will be able to buy a higher class of player with more self motivation.

Forget money, we know he hasn't got it.

My big problem with Rob Kelly is that we have a decent set of players. Each and everyone of them is playing well below their ability, without exception.

They are capable of playing much better, we see glimpses of it every so often. But they just don't do it enough, it is the managements responsibilty to get he best out of his team, he isn't and I suspect can't.

It's not a bloody money thing

Last edited:
If the current board are f*ckwits for taking Leicester from a club saddled with unsustainable wages and contracts to one where we have a young side that can maintain championship status, I don't what that makes the doom merchants on here.

That's the million dollar question though - can we maintain championship status, last season's revival after Levein got the boot it's looking more and more like the "dead cat bounce" effect rather than any skill in management.

I don't buy the myth that we are are a particularly young side (how many teenagers do we have in team) what we have is a lack of experience at this level.

Last edited:
We are on course for 52 points this season, which I think is enough to maintain championship status.

Last edited:
My big problem with Rob Kelly is that we have a decent set of players. Each and everyone of them is playing well below their ability, without exception.

They are capable of playing much better, we see glimpses of it every so often. But they just don't do it enough, it is the managements responsibilty to get he best out of his team, he isn't and I suspect can't.

I don't think they are playing below their ability, I don't think they are good enough yet.

And as for being inconsistent - thats what happens with young players, concentration lapses at the back and spells of quality coupled with spells of rubbish.

Unless you are Man Utd who had youngsters of such a high quality (or Arsenal at the moment) inconsistency is going be the norm for a while yet - unless some money becomes available and whoever is manager brings in players who drag the young ones through poor patches and controls games.

I don't think they are playing below their ability, I don't think they are good enough yet.
Swings and roundabouts really. I agree they are not good enough to win this league, or even get promoted.

However, they are better than our position states, the table doesn't lie though, so they aren't good enough at the minute. Somebody has to be responsible

Just coming back to the young team excuse - I think this was who played on Saturday and their ages

Porter - 20
Cad - 28
Maybury - 29
McCarthy - 24
Hughes - 25
Hume- 24
Williams - 26
Johnson - 33
Fryatt - 21
Henderson - 31
McAuley - 28
Hammond - 27
Wesolowski - 20
Kisnorbo - 26

Average age just under 26.

I wish people would stop saying let's judge Rob Kelly whn he has some money to spend.

It worries me that the players he has got in have in the main proved inadequate and giving him money to spend might prove disasterous.In the Summer he seemed to get players in for positions we already had cover in,I worry about his eye for a Player

I wish people would stop saying let's judge Rob Kelly whn he has some money to spend. Of course he will be in amuch better position then because he will be able to buy a higher class of player with more self motivation.

Forget money, we know he hasn't got it.

Exactly, the team seems to be able motivate itself for the glamour cup ties against premier opposition, and yet fall massively short when it comes to the bread and butter of the league campaign.

Fact that has nothing to do with transfer funds, also Kelly still had enough of a budget to sign 4 players this season, there were plenty of bargains to be had, but RK failed to spend the budget he had wisely and therefore why should he be afforded to fritter away bigger sums of money. If Kelly had demonstrated some shrewdness in the market then I would be inclined to agree with his sympathisers, however he bought in 6 players since the summer if you include Welsh and Cadamarteri and IMO none of these players are any better than what they replaced or what we already had, very poor judgement IMO.

Also after Kelly lost Ray Graydon he had an opportunity to appoint an experienced Assistant, somebody of similar stature to Graydon, instead Kelly chooses Iain Millar who's last two experiences have been a disastrous spell at Blackpool and a relegation scrap in league 2 with Bury. Again poor judgement by Kelly, he desperately needed experience alongside himself and Stowell and missed a golden opportunity and all in honesty since the departure of Graydon RK has looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

idve thought a footballer would be at his peak at 26..id say ma's squad wouldve been an average age of 32/33 :102:

Exactly, the team seems to be able motivate itself for the glamour cup ties against premier opposition, and yet fall massively short when it comes to the bread and butter of the league campaign.

Fact that has nothing to do with transfer funds, also Kelly still had enough of a budget to sign 4 players this season, there were plenty of bargains to be had, but RK failed to spend the budget he had wisely and therefore why should he be afforded to fritter away bigger sums of money. If Kelly had demonstrated some shrewdness in the market then I would be inclined to agree with his sympathisers, however he bought in 6 players since the summer if you include Welsh and Cadamarteri and IMO none of these players are any better than what they replaced or what we already had, very poor judgement IMO.

Also after Kelly lost Ray Graydon he had an opportunity to appoint an experienced Assistant, somebody of similar stature to Graydon, instead Kelly chooses Iain Millar who's last two experiences have been a disastrous spell at Blackpool and a relegation scrap in league 2 with Bury. Again poor judgement by Kelly, he desperately needed experience alongside himself and Stowell and missed a golden opportunity and all in honesty since the departure of Graydon RK has looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Agree with this and the HF post before. RK's decision making processes look to motivated by inaccurate assessments. :icon_sad:

basset it is then ;)

Don't get me started on that one. He's an arrogant so-and-so.

yeah I can vouch for that, my cousin was mascot and he was talking over him as he was signing autographs whereas Kisnorbo and Mccarthy took the time out to tlak to him. I though that was really rude of Stearman.

yeah I can vouch for that, my cousin was mascot and he was talking over him as he was signing autographs whereas Kisnorbo and Mccarthy took the time out to tlak to him. I though that was really rude of Stearman.

stearman is a twat. FACT

how much is he on? whatever it is its too much!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670