Would a protest work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
These suggestions of a price rise have got me annoyed. We pay good money up front every season and the shit that has been given this year is just not on. If its the manager or the player who are to blame I don't give a flying feck, but I do feel they are taking the piss if they want us to pay even more next season. We don't even know what standard of football we will be watching!

I think some sort of protest is needed, but I don't think our fans will be up for it as they seem to be immune to the shit shown to them.

We need the club to know that LCFC are not idiots and not a cashcow for the club either.

What can be done to make them open their eyes

From the other thread:

Trouble is re: a sit in after a game, most fans just want to get home or down the pub away from that shambles.

We've got three home games left, imo if protests ARE to be made, it should be done at all of them, hopefully the Sheff Weds being the biggest protest of the lot.
And it needs to be something that will get the apathetic majority to join in.

It's all in the organising, whether it be some sort of petition, to banners and posters, to vocal protests.

Last edited:
These suggestions of a price rise have got me annoyed. We pay good money up front every season and the shit that has been given this year is just not on. If its the manager or the player who are to blame I don't give a flying feck, but I do feel they are taking the piss if they want us to pay even more next season. We don't even know what standard of football we will be watching!

I think some sort of protest is needed, but I don't think our fans will be up for it as they seem to be immune to the shit shown to them.

We need the club to know that LCFC are not idiots and not a cashcow for the club either.

What can be done to make them open their eyes

maybe we could get the foxes trust on board to help :102:

or maybe we should concentrate our efforts on supporting our team and urging them to stay in this division :102:

Also, a lot of fans won't actually be aware of this proposed price hike on some ST.

It's about using every resource available to make those fans aware of what is going on, not just the internet. It's a pity the LM(well some of them) are so far up the Club's arse, though you never know, getting in touch with them for an interview might be an idea.
As long as you've prepared what you want to say so you don't look like a whinging fickle fan:icon_roll

I always found Ben on the RL Breakfast show to be really helpful in allowing airtime for things like this.:icon_wink

Any protest this season would do more harm than good IMO.Between 3pm and 5pm everybody needs to be behind the Club at the moment

The way to do this could work in two parts

Part one ,

As the players come out just before kick off ,don't clap or cheer and turn round and show them your backs .

Part two ,

a sit in at the end of the game till we get someone out like MM and Ollie and the players just let them know how we feel.

if this worked i would still get behind the team while the game is being played but nothing at half time or the end .

Last edited:
or maybe we should concentrate our efforts on supporting our team and urging them to stay in this division :102:

Whilst the match is in progress yes.

Before and after though is a different matter.

Besides which, those players are just as responsible as anyone else for the position the club is in, this is no time for ducking out of the way and not accepting any blame. Maybe if they did that for once, then the answers to the problem might be clear to see!

I agree and posted in a similar vein just now.Its reached a stage for me here it no longer matters who is managing,thats for athe end of the season,right now we just need to get behind the useless shower of shite

Whilst the match is in progress yes.

Before and after though is a different matter.

Besides which, those players are just as responsible as anyone else for the position the club is in, this is no time for ducking out of the way and not accepting any blame. Maybe if they did that for once, then the answers to the problem might be clear to see!

I'd be surprised if many would take part,people moan and groan but they turn up week in week out and the Club know that.Don't most people want to get out down the Booozer or get home asap after the Match,I can't see many sitting around waving placards as the ones in Power sit in their warm Executive Boxes etc supping tea or having a beer:102:

this is not just about the manager or players ,its about what has been said on the prise rise for some season tickets and not all .

Best way to protest is by not buying one but the Club know people will bellyache and then cough up

I'd be surprised if many would take part,people moan and groan but they turn up week in week out and the Club know that.Don't most people want to get out down the Booozer or get home asap after the Match,I can't see many sitting around waving placards as the ones in Power sit in their warm Executive Boxes etc supping tea or having a beer:102:

well somethings got to be done

Best way to protest is by not buying one but the Club know people will bellyache and then cough up

No its not myself like most on here like football or we would'nt go week in week out and want the best for our team and to do well .

After all the hype with MM taking over ,all the managers we have got through this season .

Yet again we in a fight for our lives in this league ,how many years do we have too keep doing this .

On top of all that they want some people to pay more than others ,that to me is the bottom line ,we have sunk to a new all time low .

And i for one will not put up with this .

Duzza, so what you are saying is that the fans have done feck all for the last 20 or so home games. If you want to stand there with your head in the sand and then pay out more to watch next seasons shit thats up to you. I bet that is not the view of the majority of fans though

No its not myself like most on here like football or we would'nt go week in week out and want the best for our team and to do well .

After all the hype with MM taking over ,all the managers we have got through this season .

Yet again we in a fight for our lives in this league ,how many years do we have too keep doing this .

On top of all that they want some people to pay more than others ,that to me is the bottom line ,we have sunk to a new all time low .

And i for one will not put up with this .

If you think they are taking the piss then the only thing that will make them change IMO is if people stop going.That is then hitting them in the pocket where it hurts the most.Sitting there waving placards at 5pm will make absolutely no difference,the people in power know you will be back despite your moaning and groaning.

If you think they are taking the piss then the only thing that will make them change IMO is if people stop going.That is then hitting them in the pocket where it hurts the most.Sitting there waving placards at 5pm will make absolutely no difference,the people in power know you will be back despite your moaning and groaning.

so lets do nothing then hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670