Would a protest work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How patronising!

It might be a non-issue to someone who lives on the other side of the planet, but to those who are willing and able to support the team, why shouldn't it be of importance, no matter how big or small?
:102:

I wouldn't start a protest about a rise in season ticket prices if I lived on Filbert Way, never mind over here. I never moaned about it when I lived in Leicester for the first 30 years of my life and had a season ticket for at least ten of them (I paid on the door the rest of the time).

It wasn't as if I could really afford it either - I chose to spend my money on LCFC, just like you do. I still chose to throw money down the drain with LCFC World, although I know that doesn't make me a "real" fan, like a shiny season ticket does.

(By the way, I can't complain about your "able" comment but I do take exception to the "willing" part - that's grossly unfair)

If you think that actually organizing a protest (and that's what the thread is about, isn't it? - not just "having a bit of a moan" on here) is a fruitful way to spend the day, then go for it. I'm very happy for you.

I take it that there is nothing closer to home that ever concerns you. I envy you for that.

:102: I don't understand the point you're trying to make here Lee - any potential price rises don't concern me in the least, so it comes across as if you are agreeing with me..? I am of course more concerned (and actively involved in) issues that are local to where I am now, but I still run a couple of websites for charities in Leicestershire.

Anyway, I wish I had so little conscience that a small hike in the price of a hobby over the course of a whole year, which will probably be below the rate of inflation anyway and maybe amount to 50p a week, was of any concern.

The point I'm trying to make (in an obviously hand-fisted way) is that I find it sad that people used to get genuinely passionate about issues that, fair enough, not everybody would agree are important, but, you know, little things like war, poverty, starvation, disease, etc.

These days the biggest protests seem to be about shit like whether someone is going to build cheap houses on the fields behind my luxury pad, or tuition fees, all done under the guise of "human rights". But let's be honest, most of those taking part are only concerned with their personal financial situation. If that wasn't the case, you'd see the same people protesting about other abuses of human rights, wouldn't you? But do they? Do they bollocks.

Mind you, I do see (and sometimes join) people with placards protesting against human rights violitions, the war in Iraq, etc, at least once a week. Where? In the good ole' capitalist, shoot 'em up, uncaring US of A, that's where, so at least it's not a lost cause everywhere....

NIMBY springs to mind... if it doesn't affect me, I'm not interested. But take a quid out of MY pocket and I'll get mad...

Drives me nuts! :bang: :mad:

Consequently, I'm quite surprised that you aren't filling your days trying to get the troops out of the Middle East, saving melting polar caps and curing cancer. Surely there's a world of ills to be solved rather than posting on an internet forum about a football club? :102:
I expect better of you DB. That's right up there with asking an environmentalist "do you drive a car" and on hearing the answer, yes, saying "well then!" and looking smug, as if you've just proved some sort of point. Ludicrous!

Oh, and cancer, no I don't really do anything towards curing that, so I should go and hang my head in shame. But the other two, yes, they do take up a biy of my time, but I think it's worth it, thanks for asking.

Having had a few minutes to think, I would like to apologize for the tone of the last two posts. Whilst I broadly agree with what I wrote, I should not have been so aggressive, dismissive and downright rude.

I've been a little bit emotional the last couple of days after a horrible incident I endured on Tuesday. At the moment I don't really know what I'm saying, but I'm lashing out so I know I need to get a grip of that. Suffice to say, the world seems like a very unfair place to me at the moment...

Again, sorry everyone, please ignore me. I will now go away.

Having had a few minutes to think, I would like to apologize for the tone of the last two posts.
No worries - but you seriously expected better from me? :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

You're right DF - it isn't an Earth-shattering issue...but when taken in the context of something that matters to season ticket holders on a forum dedicated to moaning and discussing City matters, I think it is a reasonable topic of debate.

I am going to turn up to the match drunk, as a sort of liquid protest.

nakedsig.jpg

You know you all want to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673