Would a protest work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've left it far too late for protests. Protests work when they are the result of a groundswell of anger from people with a belief and standards.

City fans have no standards. City fans only get angry if IH or MM tells them to get angry. City fans are generally a gormless bunch of BM's. The other main grouping are those that used to care but it's long since ebbed away.

If we're honest, does the prospect of relegation to Div 1 hurt us as much now as it would have a few years back? I wouldn't say that I'm not bothered, but it won't lead me to tears and depression. Much like England not qualifying for the Euro's. Couldn't give a stuff really. My disappointment at failure to qualify was forced.

Football is entering a dangerous time. The bubble will burst. They've been sucking milk from my tit for far too long. More and more fans will switch off from blindly supporting overpaid and undertalented feckwits. It was Grand Slam Sunday on Sky this weekend. Two games showcasing the best this country has to offer. I was bored senseless and genuinely hate these wankers.

Rio Ferdinand is now England Captain. Wheeled out in a suit and full of the 'it's a great honour' bollocks. No different to today's rallying call from Clemence that I have to subscribe to watch. Can't stand any of them. These people are so detached from my reality that it isn't even worth us trying to identify with each other.

Do you know what pissed me off with IH this week? Not his tactics or team selection. No, it was his interview the other day saying 'I'm falling in love with Leicester City'. Then MM addresses the players with a rallying call. This pair can feck right off. Doesn't anyone else see how fake it all is? These people are nothing to do with Leicester City.

Protest about ticket prices. Protest about relegation. What's the point? Our club is already dead. I'm optimistic that one day it will be reborn. But it won't have anything to do with IH, MM or any of the cnuts who currently 'play' for us.

So MM, put up your season ticket prices and watch the sheep follow you in ever decreasing numbers. For the first time in 20 odd years, I won't be among them.

Would I swap places with Hull? Vying for a place in the promised land? Take one look at Draby this year or Watford last. What is the fecking point? Go up for a few days of laughter followed by a year or humiliation. There isn't a purpose anymore. No point to promotion or relegation.

Think it's time for a supporting hibernation. Wake me up when our heart starts beating again. We'll probably have to go backwards in order to find ourselves again. To smoke out all the fakes. Sad state of affairs.

We've left it far too late for protests. Protests work when they are the result of a groundswell of anger from people with a belief and standards.

City fans have no standards. City fans only get angry if IH or MM tells them to get angry. City fans are generally a gormless bunch of BM's. The other main grouping are those that used to care but it's long since ebbed away.

If we're honest, does the prospect of relegation to Div 1 hurt us as much now as it would have a few years back? I wouldn't say that I'm not bothered, but it won't lead me to tears and depression. Much like England not qualifying for the Euro's. Couldn't give a stuff really. My disappointment at failure to qualify was forced.

Football is entering a dangerous time. The bubble will burst. They've been sucking milk from my tit for far too long. More and more fans will switch off from blindly supporting overpaid and undertalented feckwits. It was Grand Slam Sunday on Sky this weekend. Two games showcasing the best this country has to offer. I was bored senseless and genuinely hate these wankers.

Rio Ferdinand is now England Captain. Wheeled out in a suit and full of the 'it's a great honour' bollocks. No different to today's rallying call from Clemence that I have to subscribe to watch. Can't stand any of them. These people are so detached from my reality that it isn't even worth us trying to identify with each other.

Do you know what pissed me off with IH this week? Not his tactics or team selection. No, it was his interview the other day saying 'I'm falling in love with Leicester City'. Then MM addresses the players with a rallying call. This pair can feck right off. Doesn't anyone else see how fake it all is? These people are nothing to do with Leicester City.

Protest about ticket prices. Protest about relegation. What's the point? Our club is already dead. I'm optimistic that one day it will be reborn. But it won't have anything to do with IH, MM or any of the cnuts who currently 'play' for us.

So MM, put up your season ticket prices and watch the sheep follow you in ever decreasing numbers. For the first time in 20 odd years, I won't be among them.

Would I swap places with Hull? Vying for a place in the promised land? Take one look at Draby this year or Watford last. What is the fecking point? Go up for a few days of laughter followed by a year or humiliation. There isn't a purpose anymore. No point to promotion or relegation.

Think it's time for a supporting hibernation. Wake me up when our heart starts beating again. We'll probably have to go backwards in order to find ourselves again. To smoke out all the fakes. Sad state of affairs.

I'm fighting against it, believe me I am, but I find myself agreeing with more of that than I would have done a few years ago.

The only bit I can find to disagree with is where you say it will be reborn. Football, as was, is dead and will soon be buried. It will never be the same again.

Great speech - loved it!

What an absolutely amazing post. Really really well written and points well made. I really do agree with you with regards to England not qualifying - and the money-men involved and all that. I had hoped, and still do, that Ollie was the man to get the heart beating again....I am still of the opinion that should we stay up, he will be.

A great read BN.

On another forum, I had some chuffing Hull fan proclaim their status as a Premiership team for next season. If they do go up, I feel for them next season.

And personally I'll enjoy the Euros this year. All the numpties without a clue about football won't be watching.

On another forum, I had some chuffing Hull fan proclaim their status as a Premiership team for next season. If they do go up, I feel for them next season.

And personally I'll enjoy the Euros this year. All the numpties without a clue about football won't be watching.

i'd feel more sorry for a team like west brom if they yo-yo up and down because there are afew clubs in this division that do maybe, kinda, perhaps play real footy every now and again

Last edited:

Great post and I feel much the same as you at the moment. The problem is that you only have to look at the away end at the Walkers to know that most fans don't feel the same way, they will do soon, but not quite yet. Maybe winning the odd game has something to do with that.

I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned anything like this because I havn't read all the posts. But I think if there was to be a protest it would be best if it got the attention of news cameras or say sky sports news on a saturday. I don't think protesting will do much in itself but it would be good to embarass those running the club on national TV. I don't think Leicester fans would do anything to this extent though and also I doubt the cameras would care like they have Liverpool, Man U and Newcastle in the past

I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned anything like this because I havn't read all the posts. But I think if there was to be a protest it would be best if it got the attention of news cameras or say sky sports news on a saturday. I don't think protesting will do much in itself but it would be good to embarass those running the club on national TV. I don't think Leicester fans would do anything to this extent though and also I doubt the cameras would care like they have Liverpool, Man U and Newcastle in the past

a protest would have to include all types of media as you say for it to have any impact. But the sad thing is most football supporters are never willing to do anything.

BN the protest I propose is about the cost of ST's not what is being dished up on the pitch, so that protest is not too late at all.

Top post though and you have the exact same feelings as I do. The shit has been kicked out of me during the past 4 seasons and I don't really want any more of it...

I think we need to protest completely naked at the next home game, although this may increase publicity I fear any points being made may be diluted. I'm game for it anyway!:081:

Last edited:
the merc should print some more ollie masks but with some obvious slogans printed across them e.g ;tactically inept, clueless wanker etc

BN the protest I propose is about the cost of ST's not what is being dished up on the pitch, so that protest is not too late at all.

But it's all part of the same thing really. Rab Douglas has pocketed more money in wages from the club this week than I've contributed in season tickets over the last 20 years. What is that all about? No wonder they don't give a feck about us.

MM wants to squeeze me for another quid or so a game. If he does this from all the season ticket holders, it still only amounts to about a third of what Agents have pocketed from the club over the last year. It's nothing but a plaster over a gaping hole. Pathetic.

My complaint is over the fact that a price rise is even being considered. Not whether it's happening or how much it is. It's the principle that winds me up. The complete detachment between the likes of you and I and those in positions of importance at our club.

How dare they even think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's all part of the same thing really. Rab Douglas has pocketed more money in wages from the club this week than I've contributed in season tickets over the last 20 years. What is that all about? No wonder they don't give a feck about us.

MM wants to squeeze me for another quid or so a game. If he does this from all the season ticket holders, it still only amounts to about a third of what Agents have pocketed from the club over the last year. It's nothing but a plaster over a gaping hole. Pathetic.

My complaint is over the fact that a price rise is even being considered. Not whether it's happening or how much it is. It's the principle that winds me up. The complete detachment between the likes of you and I and those in positions of importance at our club.

How dare they even think about it?

:038: absolutely, the club has got an awful lot on its plate, but its fans should still be a major priority and making them pay more isnt the way forward. if milan has got all this lovely serbian money to put into the club why sould it matter if they make a little more off the fans? the club should now have plenty of it's own capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669