Would a protest work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As is known, I went through this a season ago. I would hesitate to say that I hated the club but my 'disappointment level' had gone so high that I had to do something about it.

I have been to fewer matches this season than I have for around 25 years. I thought I would miss it but I don't.

Two of the matches I have enjoyed the most have not involved Leicester at all. Workington v Hinckley Utd was crap football, but it was a much more friendly atmosphere than you get at games at our level. Fans of opposing teams stood together and enjoyed the banter without it turning nasty.

I was in the away end at f*r*st v Carlisle, and I celebrated the Carlisle goal and win as much as I have any for Leicester this season. That experience made me wonder whether I am "Leicester 'til I die", or if it's possible to change clubs, for whatever reason.

I'm sure things would be different if our overpaid under performing 'professional' footballers had as much pride in their game, and put in as much effort as the Hinckley and Carlisle players did. Supporters will put up with a lot if we are doing well on the pitch.

Two of the matches I have enjoyed the most have not involved Leicester at all. Workington v Hinckley Utd was crap football, but it was a much more friendly atmosphere than you get at games at our level. Fans of opposing teams stood together and enjoyed the banter without it turning nasty.

I was in the away end at f*r*st v Carlisle, and I celebrated the Carlisle goal and win as much as I have any for Leicester this season. That experience made me wonder whether I am "Leicester 'til I die", or if it's possible to change clubs, for whatever reason.

Similarly I was at the Ramsgate v Margate match yesterday. It cost me £9 to get in and half a gallon of petrol got me there and back. At half-time I had a pint of cider for the same price as a bottle of coke with the top removed costs at the Walkers - and it came in a glass!!

There was segregation but I'm not sure why - there was nobody there to enforce it. I didn't think I would get involved but I was on my feet with the rest of them as the little Ramsgate midfielder jinked about a bit and then twirled an effort which went in off the underside of the bar and the opposing goalkeeper's arse.

That was a Rymans Premier League game - the old Isthmian Legaue for those old enough to remember. I wasn't born Leicester - and I know I will die Leicester - but there is football enjoyment to be had outside of the TV and the big four leagues.

I watched Bromley Town beat Cambridge City 3-1 yesterday, I cheered and would have applauded had it not been for the fact I had a pint in my hands for the entire watching. Kids and fans were all having a cracking time and the club house showed SKY and was warm at half time..

Lads, wait till you have to watch that type of footy on regular basis.

In 7 days, I went Hucknall, Hinckley and Nuneaton. I was Conference North'ed out by them seven days.

Still I enjoy my neutral wonderings when I bother. Seen some crackers then some not so crackers. The best footballing teams I have watched all season are MK Dons and Kettering Town.

Lads, wait till you have to watch that type of footy on regular basis.

In 7 days, I went Hucknall, Hinckley and Nuneaton. I was Conference North'ed out by them seven days.

Still I enjoy my neutral wonderings when I bother. Seen some crackers then some not so crackers. The best footballing teams I have watched all season are MK Dons and Kettering Town.

I admire you Hazza, it would do my fcuking head in watching that.

It's a half pounder burger from the Marstons Stadium, Hinckley. :icon_roll

I know, and a pounder is two of the feckers. I should know at ressie matches I see a couple of them off

Aye. 2 pounds off 'ideal weight' stage. Making it nearly 6 stone lost. Still an unfit fecker - ask anyone what plays for TBFC - first few words will be 'workshy and speaks nonsense'.

Feckin types nonsense as well :icon_lol:

There are a lot of posters confessing to being thick on here recently.

For the record...........so am i:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670