Would a protest work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duzza, so what you are saying is that the fans have done feck all for the last 20 or so home games. If you want to stand there with your head in the sand and then pay out more to watch next seasons shit thats up to you. I bet that is not the view of the majority of fans though

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the idea/sentiment.I just feel it would be counter productive at this specific time.

if the prices rise I won't be buying. In fact I don't even know if I will bother anyway. These past few season have kicked the shit out of me watching the dross that is now LCFC.

I want guarantees from the club that they are not putting costs up and maybe they will show something for loyal ST holders who have held one for a set period of time

if the prices rise I won't be buying. In fact I don't even know if I will bother anyway. These past few season have kicked the shit out of me watching the dross that is now LCFC.

I want guarantees from the club that they are not putting costs up and maybe they will show something for loyal ST holders who have held one for a set period of time

I think you'll be disappointed.

Broadly speaking I think that the ST represents decent value - in the sense of price per match unit cost rather than of course the performances on the pitch.

I was a purchaser of two STs for many, many seasons. I now go when I feel like it - and I think the price of match day tickets generally represents poor value except of course when there are 'give aways' for specified matches.

I sympathise but I think the main reason you are moaning is because of the rotten football - if we had a winning sign there wouldn't be much aggro.

I am a serial detractor of the FT, but I would feel a bit sorry for the FT if they are forced to raise real issues with Mr Mandaric - I think it could be somewhat embarrassing for all concerned. I think they should be left to concentrate on the 5 a side and conducting polls that confirm that we shouldn't appoint the best available manager.

I am a serial detractor of the FT, but I would feel a bit sorry for the FT if they are forced to raise real issues with Mr Mandaric - I think it could be somewhat embarrassing for all concerned. I think they should be left to concentrate on the 5 a side and conducting polls that confirm that we shouldn't appoint the best available manager.
On the other hand, they could come out of this with some credit, if they played their cards right. If they could co-ordinate with the supporters clubs etc, they could really get a campaign going to show that the fans are not happy, and will not be shat on, but to be honest, I can't see this happening. I think they would rather go alone, in the vain hope of casting themselves as the saviour of the fans. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I have a problem here. I would love to threaten not to renew my season tickets but realistically I like where I sit and wouldn't want to risk having to relocate elsewhere if my seats were sold.

I know this isn't helping the cause here, but the best I can promise to do at the moment is to leave it until the last possible moment before renewing.

I have a problem here. I would love to threaten not to renew my season tickets but realistically I like where I sit and wouldn't want to risk having to relocate elsewhere if my seats were sold.

I know this isn't helping the cause here, but the best I can promise to do at the moment is to leave it until the last possible moment before renewing.

I have the same problem and the club realise this is the case with most fans and play on it. But this year they can go fcuk themselves.

Last year I had to lend my friend the money to renew his ticket as at the time he could not afford it and didnt want to lose his seat.They have this silly cut off time, if you don't renew you could lose your seat. Again why can they not leave it to you to renew your seat right up until the week before the new season. If someone new wants to buy a season ticket, there are thousands of other seats available without putting more pressure on existing ST holders.

You had all better hope the club doesn't get the Chinese Army sent over.

Would a protest work?

Very doubtful.

Will there be any large scale support for one?

Not a f*ckin hope.

I'll tell you what does work - the latest series of South Park I record on Paramount this weekend.

Here's me, Monday night, full of cider and sweet & sour balls having a great time.

F*ck LCFC! I'm getting a season ticket to Cartman.

I'll tell you what does work - the latest series of South Park I record on Paramount this weekend.

Here's me, Monday night, full of cider and sweet & sour balls having a great time.

F*ck LCFC! I'm getting a season ticket to Cartman.

SP Season 11 truly is a work of pure genius.

I think the signs are that they regard the 'loyalty discount' as an anomaly and that they intend to get rid of it.

I know Duzza, I am actually begining to hate the club.

As is known, I went through this a season ago. I would hesitate to say that I hated the club but my 'disappointment level' had gone so high that I had to do something about it.

It is fair to say though that I hate the game. On the pitch they tinker with the rules season after season - most often to little lasting effect. The game becomes more cynical - there is more gamemanship - more cheating. Off the field the money becomes more and more important until it seems that the only intention is to screw every last penny out of a hooked public - remember that last years rise in TV money (the rise only!) was greater than the total amount spent on season tickets, match tickets and on the gate. If they had let us in free for the whole season, they would still have earned more than the year before!

And what is the point of City getting promoted if the main effect on yourself is that you find ticket prices doubled? And don't think it won't happen - look at ticket prices at City now - and compare them with Premier League prices - compare them with the prices at clubs recently relegated from the Premier League (they are bad enough).

Football as was known is dead and gone. There will be no season ticket for me again next year. I will again pick my matches. I will probably yet again go to more away matches than I will home ones - because they are more enjoyable.

You can protest all you like - but do it before the ST prices are set if you hope to have any effect on it. But realise that your protest is not going to be effective. The pattern is going to be like that suffered by Portsmouth and West Ham fans in the recent past - the chairman and the CEO know that that will get more money into the club's coffers.

They have you by the short and curlies - and they know it.

As is known, I went through this a season ago. I would hesitate to say that I hated the club but my 'disappointment level' had gone so high that I had to do something about it.

It is fair to say though that I hate the game. On the pitch they tinker with the rules season after season - most often to little lasting effect. The game becomes more cynical - there is more gamemanship - more cheating. Off the field the money becomes more and more important until it seems that the only intention is to screw every last penny out of a hooked public - remember that last years rise in TV money (the rise only!) was greater than the total amount spent on season tickets, match tickets and on the gate. If they had let us in free for the whole season, they would still have earned more than the year before!

And what is the point of City getting promoted if the main effect on yourself is that you find ticket prices doubled? And don't think it won't happen - look at ticket prices at City now - and compare them with Premier League prices - compare them with the prices at clubs recently relegated from the Premier League (they are bad enough).

Football as was known is dead and gone. There will be no season ticket for me again next year. I will again pick my matches. I will probably yet again go to more away matches than I will home ones - because they are more enjoyable.

You can protest all you like - but do it before the ST prices are set if you hope to have any effect on it. But realise that your protest is not going to be effective. The pattern is going to be like that suffered by Portsmouth and West Ham fans in the recent past - the chairman and the CEO know that that will get more money into the club's coffers.

I know what you mean Boc, so they can go and fcuk themselves. I too get more enjoyment out of an away match, and I also enjoy my trips to Italy. So next season I may just limit myself to these matches.

A lot of LCFC fans are wankers anyway, so I knew deep down it would be a non starter

Last edited:
Posted by Brauny Blue

A question to my fellow TBers

Why have i lost most of my desire to go down and watch Leicester anymore?

Unless i attend one of the last 3 home games, this will be the first season since the late 70's that i will not have been to a game.
I'm trying to fathom why i no longer have the passion for it, when deep down i'm a huge city fan that gets as pissed off as anyone when we are struggling.
I used to be a regular ST holder that travelled to most away games.
Then i just renewed the ST but stopped going away. After that the ST went and i became more selective with games. And in recent times i have only been down on an handful of occasions. This season.......nothing. Not even a promotional offer could tempt me.
Is this an age thing:102::icon_conf . The club as many will remember had some dismal years between mid 80's to early 90's but it never stopped me. I just dont really know what it will take to rekindle my interest:102:. And all this talk about ST rises further fuels my desire to stay away. After the bollox that you regulars have witnessed i regard it as an insult.

The top post was by yours truly yesterday, and maybe your dissolution is the type of thing thats left me unimpressed with the game today.
Sick of the amount players earn, whilst the clubs fleece their fans.
Sick of the players bratish attitude in the game.
Sick of the players cheating.
Sick of the managers moaning about the officials and everything under the sun when they are beaten.
Sick of how the riches in the game have ruined football outside the big 4.

The top post was by yours truly yesterday, and maybe your dissolution is the type of thing thats left me unimpressed with the game today.
Sick of the amount players earn, whilst the clubs fleece their fans.
Sick of the players bratish attitude in the game.
Sick of the players cheating.
Sick of the managers moaning about the officials and everything under the sun when they are beaten.
Sick of how the riches in the game have ruined football outside the big 4.

FERKED !!!!! :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670