Yann Kermorgant has 2nd Trial Spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not racist but [comment about asylum seekers/rant about interracial relationships/manifestly racist diatribe about the prevalence of rap music/something else Littlejohnesque]."

I am not racist but I don't like rap music. One reason is that it is usually about killing people like me.

Do you know what he is like then?

I don't need to.

I already know that that most rap music is not about killing anybody, of any type.
It's called logic Lako, I know that concept will probably baffle you, but don't worry too much.

I don't need to.

I already know that that most rap music is not about killing anybody, of any type.
It's called logic Lako, I know that concept will probably baffle you, but don't worry too much.

Quite a lot of rap music is about killing people, maybe not directly but im sure you don't need it to be massively obvious.

It also depends on which genre of rap music, it would be stupid to put all types under one banner.

And how would logic baffle me, maybe you hav the wrong poster? I'll let you off this once.

Last edited:
I am not racist but I don't like rap music. One reason is that it is usually about killing people like me.

New song by 50 Cent:-

I hate David Gwilliam
He is a silly 'un
So it shall come to pass
I'll pop a cap in his ass
Teach him to touch my 'Hos'
Same for all my foes
He messin with a pimp for real
so his life I will steal

See Macky, rap artists have got it in for him

Typical 50 cent changed the words I sent 'im

David Gwilliam was my history teacher
but the words he said never reached ya
So at history, I was bottom of class
So my plan was to shoot his ass
Then my hood said they had issues with my plan
Said you can't take out Gwilliam, he's a Leicester fan

Well you've all just confirmed what I always thought - rap music is total bollux...

long live U-Roy the originator without imitator, way back from 40 years ago.

You have obviously listened to very little rap music then if that's your assessment.

You are absolutely right. I have heard some since there are some rap fans who love to play it loudly in cars with the windows open. For some reason you never get this with lovers of Schubert.
You may, of course, be correct and there may be rap that is charming, subtle and beautiful. If so you are right and I am happy to be corrected.
All this has presumably little to do with Yann Kermogant. My scepticism about him is that he is having a second trial which suggests he was not outstanding in the first trial. If he does sign it will presumably as backup for Howard.

Everyone is missing the really big question: Does Yann Kermorgant dig rap or heavy dub reggae?

Everyone is missing the really big question: Does Yann Kermorgant dig rap or heavy dub reggae?

Give the lad credit. Rightly or wrongly I get the impression that French players are a bit more sophisticated than English ones - so maybe he likes Bizet or Chopin or even Edith Piaf.

Jazz and reggae are very popular in France. In the '50s quite a few American jazz musicians spent time there, they found it far less racist than the US, though the fact they were treated with massive reverence probably had something to do with that. Miles Davis had a relationship with Juliette Greco for some time.

Give the lad credit. Rightly or wrongly I get the impression that French players are a bit more sophisticated than English ones - so maybe he likes Bizet or Chopin or even Edith Piaf.

Sophisticated? That Bizet was nothing short of a thug, have you seen Carmen? Shocking stuff. And don't get me started on Chopin

Beethoven's gone but his music lives on,
And Mozart don't go shoppin' no more,
You'll never meet Liszt or Brahms again,
And Elgar doesn't answer the door.
Schübert and Chopin used to chuckle and laugh,
Whilst composing a long symphony,
But one hundred and fifty years later,
There's very little of them left to see.

They're decomposing composers,
There's nothing much anyone can do,
You can still hear Beethoven,
But Beethoven cannot hear you.

Händel and Haydn and Rachmaninov,
Enjoyed a nice drink with their meal,
But nowadays no-one will serve them,
And their gravy is left to congeal.
Verdi and Wagner delighted the crowds,
With their highly original sound,
The pianos they played are still working,
But they're both six feet underground.

They're decomposing composers,
There's less of them every year,
You can say what you like to Debussy,
But there's not much of him left to hear.

Claude Achille Debussy, died 1918.
Christophe Willebaud Gluck, died 1787.
Carl Maria von Weber, not at all well
1825, died 1826. Giacomo Meyerbeer,
still alive 1863, not still alive 1864.
Modeste Mussorgsky, 1880 going to parties,
no fun anymore 1881. Johan Nepomuck
Hummel, chatting away nineteen to the
dozen with his mates down the pub every
evening 1836, 1837 nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.