Yeovil FT 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

The Blue Army march on with a fairly comfortable 2-0 victory :038:

7 pts clear of MK Dons and 10pts clear of Milwall

Pretty nondescript match, no outstanding performances, no really terrible ones. OK,maybe one.

Job done, 3 points.

I'd have killed for this last season.

A "professional" performance I think they'd call it...

Not fantastic, but we did well to grind out the result and keep them out. One of those scrappy games where you just need to get a result, and we did that. So I'm happy :)

Think Matty F needs a goal though... when the Sky cameras saw him coming onto the pitch after the game, I thought he looked a bit down!

Easy enough, thought if yeovil had some decent strikers they may have nicked a goal. Davies was our best player again, i wish he was staying a bit longer!

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I think we should praise the 800 away fans tonight. Almost 20% of the total gate, a grueling 400 mile round trip on a cold miserable night, when the game is on TV. Good stuff :038:

Thought Howard was outstanding tonight; he got about, won headers, passed the ball and ran; completely different in contrast to last year.

First half I thought we dominated and should've taken the chance. We were fortunate in the second half, but it was a solid display from the defence and Mattock took his goal well.

Mark Davies is a special player, and I agree with your feelings entirely.

You found somewhere to watch it then? ;)

Thought Davies and Howard were a class apart tonight really... although Davies didn't always manage to get involved in the game, everytime he did he caused problems.

Howard did everything you could ask of him I thought, didn't let up all night and was constantly harassing the Yeovil defence. Good to see. :)

Russell Slade sounded quite bitter after the game.
He claimed Yeovil were the better side in the 2nd half. Imo you could almost call it even, but i thought we always looked to have the edge.:102:

I said Davies would be a good loan player. I also said Pearson would be a good managerial appointment when we got him :icon_wink

He claimed Yeovil were the better side in the 2nd half. Imo you could almost call it even, but i thought we always looked to have the edge.:102:

To be fair, at least up until the goal, I think he's right, they were the better team in the 2nd half.

You found somewhere to watch it then? ;)

Haha I didn't actually - I counted on there being a good internet link, but the one I was watching was dreadful and then it completely stopped in the first half.

However I did see his superb run and shot where he more or less skipped passed the Yeovil midfield/defence and judging by the radio his brilliance made us the goal.

Slade made himself look like a right prick with that childish outburst after the game. His side were beaten fair and square. I didn't see him being thankful for the lino giving Howard offside when he was one on one and a yard ON-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363