Yeovil FT 0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the most heartening thing last night was the fact that at the end of the match, with the exception of Howard, Berner and Oakley we had 8 under 22's on the pitch. Thats pretty good, especially if we can hold on to some of the loan boys.

Life long city fan Michael Jackson didn't think so, he'd have preferred 22 under 8's! :icon_eek:

Thought it was a very professional performance, Yeovil had a go and in patches looked a useful side, they put us under some pressure but I thought we dealt with it well and the fact that Martin didn't have a save to make speaks volumes.

The team acquited themselves very well in difficult conditions and a pitch that was cutting up. What impressed me the most was the work rate of the whole side, especially when we didn't have the ball. I thought that the youngsters attitude and appetite to dig in and battle was testament to the discipline and organisation that Pearson has bought to the club.

At times we played some good incisive football, but I also think we mix it up well and we know how to hit teams on the break. Whilst Yeovil will count themselves unfortunate regarding the corner that led to the opening goal, any neutral will surely acknowledge that had it not been for a very good goalkeeping performance, some wayward finishing and some poor final passes on a bad pitch then it could and no doubt would have been a rout.

I thought Hobbs and Morrison were excellent in central defence.

:038: I agree!:038:

Thought it was a very professional performance, Yeovil had a go and in patches looked a useful side, they put us under some pressure but I thought we dealt with it well and the fact that Martin didn't have a save to make speaks volumes.

The team acquited themselves very well in difficult conditions and a pitch that was cutting up. What impressed me the most was the work rate of the whole side, especially when we didn't have the ball. I thought that the youngsters attitude and appetite to dig in and battle was testament to the discipline and organisation that Pearson has bought to the club.

At times we played some good incisive football, but I also think we mix it up well and we know how to hit teams on the break. Whilst Yeovil will count themselves unfortunate regarding the corner that led to the opening goal, any neutral will surely acknowledge that had it not been for a very good goalkeeping performance, some wayward finishing and some poor final passes on a bad pitch then it could and no doubt would have been a rout.

I thought Hobbs and Morrison were excellent in central defence.

Good summary for me. In terms of two players who normally get a bit of stick I would like to add:

Andy King - won a few challenges including a vital one when tracking back on the edge of our box when it was 0-0
Martin - thought he looked dodgy vs Palace at home, but his handling was very solid under pressure last night (all he had to do really), although some of his kicking was wayward

Yeovil were wank and we were far too good for them.

Should have won 5-0 at least - most one-sided 2-0 win I've ever seen.

Berner and Oakley are lazy feckers. Dyer also poor. The rest deserve a pat on the back esp. Davies only bit of real quality on the pitch. Cleverly looks a similar player. King's best game in a City shirt.

Pitch was fecking awful! Bound to lead to any injury.

Shalom.

Yeovil were wank and we were far too good for them.

Should have won 5-0 at least - most one-sided 2-0 win I've ever seen.

Berner and Oakley are lazy feckers. Dyer also poor. The rest deserve a pat on the back esp. Davies only bit of real quality on the pitch. Cleverly looks a similar player. King's best game in a City shirt.

Pitch was fecking awful! Bound to lead to any injury.

Shalom.

i always find it strange how people see different games. i thought Berner was good and Oakley ok but didn't see much of king.

ah well we all have different eyes.

Just watched the game after recording it last night - was always going to be a scrappy game on a shit pitch - well happy with the 2-0 scoreline.

Davies was without doubt the best player again. Even though he wasn't on for long, Cleverley looks like quite a good passer of the ball, will be interesting to see him start a game.

Maybe I'm reading into the Cleverley signing to much. But I reckon we have signed him to replace Davies when he goes back to Wolves. I hope I'm wrong and we get Davies until the end of the season, or permanently, but I just can't see Wolves wanting to sell him.

He looked decent though.

Maybe I'm reading into the Cleverley signing to much. But I reckon we have signed him to replace Davies when he goes back to Wolves. I hope I'm wrong and we get Davies until the end of the season, or permanently, but I just can't see Wolves wanting to sell him.

He looked decent though.

Got feck all to do with Wolves, it's all down to Davies himself as to where he wants to play next season.

For much of the second half, they were the better side and seemed the most likely of the two teams to score.

I'll admit we didn't look so threatening in the 2nd half, but they were not better than us in my book.
How many times were we in real danger ?
How many saves did Martin make ?
They had some possession, but didn't do much with it.
As said by PFKAKTF, a professional job well done.

Got feck all to do with Wolves, it's all down to Davies himself as to where he wants to play next season.

Its got everything to do with Wolves. I presume you mean because its been talked about (but not confirmed by anyone) that he is out of contact.
If they offer him a new contact then I can see him staying there. Even if they fail to get promoted this season, they'll be one of the favourites next. Sure its Davies decision as to whether he'd accepts the contact, but IMO I think the chances of getting him are remote.

Its got everything to do with Wolves. I presume you mean because its been talked about (but not confirmed by anyone) that he is out of contact.
If they offer him a new contact then I can see him staying there. Even if they fail to get promoted this season, they'll be one of the favourites next. Sure its Davies decision as to whether he'd accepts the contact, but IMO I think the chances of getting him are remote.

In other words, it is all down to Davies as SJN said.

He looked decent though.

I think your right mate. Looked similar players from the few minutes we saw of Mr Cleverly.

I thought Oakley was poor last night by his standards.

Lazy as feck. Simple or lazy options every time.

What's up with Dyer at the moment? Looks like he's lacking a bit of confidence.

Zilch confidence, the volleyed chance showed you that.

i thought Berner was good .

Berner was 2 terrority. Constantly skinned, constantly wayward passes and constantly mis-controlling.

Sky tried to make out of the game was something it wasn't with all the header stuff. We just easily breezed past them - one of the most comfortable games we've had all season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469