Your chance to hand your season ticket back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interstingly enough I have just been watching Channel Five news. It had an article on Chelski and there was a fan standing behind the reporter with a poster that said "FCUK OFF ABRAMOVICH".

It would seem we are not the only club with a megolomanic chairman that sacks managers unexpectedly. (Although he had given JM a bit longer!) and it would seem that there are a section of their fans who aren't prepared to lie down and accept it.

according to the BBC Jose Mourinho left Stamford Bridge because the relationship between club and manager had broken down. Sound familiar?

Mind you if MM brings in the sort of success that Chelski have had I'd be delighted!!

But whoever it is. MM, Abramnovich, or Fred Bloggs I totally hate the way chairmen behave these days.

This business demonstrates quite clearly how MM does not understand the UK/European fan culture despite his time at Portsmouth.

I (and I suspect a good many season ticket holders and supporters) see MM as the custodian of our club rather than the owner. Even though he is the legal owner, LCFC still belongs to us, if that makes sense.

Regardless of the wrongs and rights of the MA/GM stuff at the City Ground, I certainly will not be told by MM how to support the club that I have followed since 1970. If there are things about which I am not happy then I and many others reserve the right to tell MM and whoever just what I think. Apart from not attending home games (which is not an option for me) then there is no other effective way of expressing opinion.

MM is on very thin ice here. Given his seeing requirement to be liked by his supporters, then he is danger of alienating a good many of them, and these intemperate comments are not going to shut them up. He is making matters worse, as well as piling additional pressure on GM to succeed, and soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This business demonstrates quite clearly how MM does not understand the UK/European fan culture despite his time at Portsmouth.

I (and I suspect a good many season ticket holders and supporters) see MM as the custodian of our club rather than the owner. Even though he is the legal owner, LCFC still belongs to us, if that makes sense.

Regardless of the wrongs and rights of the MA/GM stuff at the City Ground, I certainly will not be told by MM how to support the club that I have followed since 1970. If there are things about which I am not happy then I and many others reserve the right to tell MM and whoever just what I think. Apart from not attending home games (which is not an option for me) then there is no other effective way of expressing opinion.

MM is on very thin ice here. Given his seeing requirement to be liked by his supporters, then he is danger of alienating a good many of them, and these intemperate comments are not going to shut them up. He is making matters worse, as well as piling additional pressure on GM to succeed, and soon.

Exactly!

But don't get me wrong. I want Leicester City to succeed and I would be delighted if it was MM to bring it to us. So far I am not impressed with his tactics.

I'm beginning to think that MM is not able to take criticism. He has gone through numerous managers both at Portsmouth and now here. Any manager who is worth is a salt will not accept interference from the owner of the club. Most good managers have a steely arrogant side to them, and its on certain occasions when such characters confront MM it seems he is struggling to handle the abrasive ego's of professionals who know more about the game than him. Thus the breakdown in the relationship between himself and his manager. I quite agree with you that you are entitled to view opinion about the welfare of the club, and we dont need no lectures about our conduct from MM. Fans pay good money and follow them up and down the country. The one thing that fans should be able to do is voice their opinions, and if they are out of order they well be slapped down and condemned by fellow supporters. MM arrival at Leicester was welcomed by most, and despite any misgivings he is still our hope for a brighter future.
As well as needing to improve the playing side of things, we could also do with MM taking a step back now and allow GM to do his job. The last few weeks have been something of a PR disaster for MM and the best thing he could do now is to support GM fianancially and give everyone a chance to get our so far disjointed season started.

MM is a ego maniac.
The fans are right to have their opinions, however they are.
Martin Allen was the right man to lead us forward.
Megson is a shite appointment, even with Tags.
We are in a shite state - nothing to improve upon the days of the previous board.

IS that what we believe?

MM is a ego maniac.

Certainly is but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm all for a dictator at the club as long as he's a good one.

Within the law, absolutely.

Not a clue. I liked him though.

Not a clue. I quite like Megson though.

We are in a shite state - nothing to improve upon the days of the previous board.

MM is obviously better than a slow death. It will either be much better or an even quicker death!

MM is an megalomaniac who, with our support, could get this club out of this division.
MA made mistakes which could have had far bigger consequences had he not been fired.
Megson has got a club or size out of this league before and has all the abilities to do it again.
We are light years ahead of where we were at this stage last season with a far better squad/opportunity thank goodness.

Is that what we believe?

i'm handing back my season ticket at the next home game.......

as i have to get it replaced with a student one, nice discount ;) there is no way i'd ever throw in my season ticket and can't believe that anyone will

MM is a ego maniac.

Certainly is but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm all for a dictator at the club as long as he's a good one.

Within the law, absolutely.

Not a clue. I liked him though.

Not a clue. I quite like Megson though.

MM is obviously better than a slow death. It will either be much better or an even quicker death!
Agree in every word.

MM is an megalomaniac who, with our support, could get this club out of this division.
MA made mistakes which could have had far bigger consequences had he not been fired.
Megson has got a club or size out of this league before and has all the abilities to do it again.
We are light years ahead of where we were at this stage last season with a far better squad/opportunity thank goodness.

Is that what we believe?

not what i believe, but what i believe could be the reality...its still only september

Absolutely. In both directions.

MM is preventing us from having any evidence of this. If he had anything on MA that would justify his dismissal, he would have gone public with it and refused to pay any compensation. The fact that he didn't do that suggests that your statement is incorrect.

Some suggest that he's lost it and won't replicate his past successes. Many managers cannot repeat previous achievements elsewhere. However, I'm very hopeful that you are correct.

6 points from 5 games isn't especially promising. We certainly have a much bigger (and more expensive) squad than last year but, in itself, that is meaningless. I'm definintely more optimistic going to matches than this time last year though. Overall, 'light years ahead' is not justified.

We would hate it if it were dull.
We would love Joey back.
We love Leicester City FC.
We love Talkngballs.
We did like MA and it's a shame his personal touch towards fans has gone.
We would hate it if MM and this whole rollercoaster ended before it was due to.

How about that lot?

We would love Joey back.
We love Talkngballs.

How about that lot?

we love tits?

In it's broadest sense, Football is entertainment. Dull is not good entertainment. So correct, I would hate it if it were dull. However, if what we're living through is the opposite of dull, I'm not keen on that either.

We would love Joey back.

Heavily over rated player who is nowhere near the quality of Clemence and Wesolowski.

Apparently, there are nine types of love. Affection, Sexual Love, Platonic Love, Romantic Love, Puppy Love, Friendship, Committed Love, Infatuation and Passionate Love. I can live with Committed Love so yes, I do love Leicester City.

We love Talkngballs.

See above. The only type that would seem applicable would be Friendship. Can I do that with a bunch of people I've never met? Dunno. At this stage, I reckon I'd have to say that I like Talking Balls.

Slightly cringey at times but on balance, I concur.

Depends on the reason.

I'm beginning to think that MM is not able to take criticism. He has gone through numerous managers both at Portsmouth and now here. Any manager who is worth is a salt will not accept interference from the owner of the club.

But don't forget he admitted to making a mistake when Redknapp left. He can't be entirely self centred then.

But don't forget he admitted to making a mistake when Redknapp left. He can't be entirely self centred then.

It proves he pokes his nose in where its not welcome. Both Redknapps and MA departures had nothing to do with results on the football pitch.

It's getting a bit silly now........there wouldn't be this carry-on if a woman owned the football club:icon_roll:icon_wink
there wouldnt be a football club if a woman owned the football club.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570