Football (of the American variety) is upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Very good. I've always been intrigued by away fans at NFL matches. Are there many?

Yeah, people travel pretty well generally speaking and the bigger teams always have followings.

The Panthers have had the Cowboys and Giants at home this year and the stadium was flooded with plastic cowboys. It can be exceptionally irritating as a home fan because little to know effort is made to separate the groups. You pay a season ticket and then spend half the year with a rotating cast of obnoxious away fans in front of you. I've had some right barneys over the years and I'm not what one would call a hardcase.

It's all a bit of a farce really.

pork pie fox

Yeah, people travel pretty well generally speaking and the bigger teams always have followings.

The Panthers have had the Cowboys and Giants at home this year and the stadium was flooded with plastic cowboys. It can be exceptionally irritating as a home fan because little to know effort is made to separate the groups. You pay a season ticket and then spend half the year with a rotating cast of obnoxious away fans in front of you. I've had some right barneys over the years and I'm not what one would call a hardcase.

It's all a bit of a farce really.

I regularly go to he Wembley game but it's not the same. The only game I've been to in the States was 49ers vs Raiders (whilst on honeymoon, lucky girl that she is :icon_wink). There were quite a lot of Raiders fans, but that was pre-season so I didn't know if that was the norm.

pork pie fox

Wow, can't believe 'Bama just lost to A&M. I love the NFL but I also love the College game too. I'm guessing there's possibly only MA that would have been watching it along with me?

pork pie fox

Kiffin at it again last night. Picked a nice time to take a time out!

Panthers seem to have been playing a bit better of late MA, even if you are still losing some close games.

pork pie fox

Kiffin at it again last night. Picked a nice time to take a time out!

Panthers seem to have been playing a bit better of late MA, even if you are still losing some close games.

Please note the word 'bit' there by the way :icon_wink

Miles Away

They are utterly hopeless Porkie.

1-11 in games decided by six or less. Led for 75% of thier games this season and have a 2-8 record. It's like the slowest moving car accident I ever saw.

Gm already sacked, coach next...fire sale to come.

Enjoy the game tomorrow haha.

On another note went to Penn State-Wisonsin game yesterday.

****ing freezing.

pork pie fox

They are utterly hopeless Porkie.

1-11 in games decided by six or less. Led for 75% of thier games this season and have a 2-8 record. It's like the slowest moving car accident I ever saw.

Gm already sacked, coach next...fire sale to come.

Enjoy the game tomorrow haha.

On another note went to Penn State-Wisonsin game yesterday.

****ing freezing.

This is kind of what I mean. They're not being blown out, but I remember saying in Cam's rookie season that he needs to start winning games. The margins are so fine with your lot.

Good win last night though :icon_wink

Was the college game any good? I watched Ohio State v Michigan and USC v Notre Dame on saturday, both pretty good games.

Miles Away

Yeah, went to overtime and Wisconsin missed the field goal.

It was a decent win against a ghastly Eagles team. Starting to look like a carbon copy of last year.

pork pie fox

Yeah, went to overtime and Wisconsin missed the field goal.

It was a decent win against a ghastly Eagles team. Starting to look like a carbon copy of last year.

How many more wins for your lot then? Two?

Niners are looking like they're in the hunt again :038: Defence looks unbelievably good at times.

Miles Away

Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers ahead...would hope to win 2 of them.

Saints and Falcons will no doubt piss all over us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669