Fryatt to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

So why would this amazing striker that we are about to sign as a replacement come to us over Hull?

Or have we just found a secret striker?

:102:

Harbro's quote mentioned using £4 million to sign a winger and a striker. Plus Pearson might rate a striker, Brown might say otherwise. Quite simply really.

Last edited:

Matt_B

Harbro's quote mentioned using £4 million to sign a winger and a striker. Plus Pearson might rate a striker, Brown might say otherwise. Quite simply really.

But it doesn't change the fact that apparantly we can find a striker who will do the same job as Fryatt for £2m, so why would Hull pay double for something they could get for half price?

Profondo Rosso

I agree that Fryatt gets more than his fair share of criticism. If we lost Fryatt and did not bring anyone in my guess is that we will end up in the top half but not reach the playoffs. However, if we do get offered silly money we should take it.
Presumably the money will be there to be spent and who knows what players are in Steve Walsh notebook that we cannot afford at the moment - well Walsh knows and presumably Pearson and Mandaric - but we don't.
Being a self-confessed Blue Mongie I am impressed enough by the Pearson/Walsh recruitment policy that if we decide to sell I will not question that judgement.

If Fryatts goals can get us in the play-offs and then we happened to win them, Fryatt would have earnt us 60mil, and thats only assuming we go straight back down the following season, 4mil is by no means stupid money compared to that.

Last edited:

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Okay how about this: we put a Fryatt mask on Headless and try and convince them it's the same bloke. Tell them we're prepared to take £500k to rush the deal through. Everyone's happy. Except Hull when they find out.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Okay how about this: we put a Fryatt mask on Headless and try and convince them it's the same bloke. Tell them we're prepared to take £500k to rush the deal through. Everyone's happy. Except Hull when they find out.

Won't work, shit idea.

spionfox

selling Fryatt would help reduce the deficit without having too much impact on what is not considered to be a promotion year.

Does that mean Mandy's three year plan is off then?

teblin

But it doesn't change the fact that apparantly we can find a striker who will do the same job as Fryatt for £2m, so why would Hull pay double for something they could get for half price?

Maybe because pearson and his staff can pick a player and it happens to be a player that isn't on phil browns radar?

On the record i would like fryatt to stay.

Boy Genius

Banned
Who says this £4M will be used to add to the squad?

I believe we made a loss on the last accounts.

Babylon

I cant believe Fryatt still has so many doubters, its as frustrating as the bloke who phoned into radio leicester after the game and said " i wasnt very impressed with Gallagher".

Some people are just set in their ways when it comes to player ratings.

Anyone who bothers ringing the radio, isn't worth bothering with.

Darth Vodka

Anyone who bothers ringing the radio, isn't worth bothering with.

hear hear

i hate vox pops shite... if i wanted to talk to a load of tossers in the street, i would, their opinions count for nothing

lazy cheap journalism

SJN-Fox

Does that mean Mandy's three year plan is off then?

Whenever you hear him talk nowadays it's about his aim to get to the Premiership. I haven't heard him refer to a timescale for some time now.

H T B

£4million for Fryatt, you're having a laugh.

Next you'll be saying £24million for Joleon Lescott.....

Han

Maybe Gallagher was the replacement for Fryatt?

If he were to leave, we'd still have Howard, Kermit, Gallagher & Waghorn (for now at least).

homer

Sell sell sell

And Howard, and King

In fact sell them all - think of all the money we would have then
Got to be the way forward, surely

Hookers :icon_cool

Andy_2006_small.jpg

SIcko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts