Post Match Leicester 4 Nottingham Forest 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were competent and quite rightly saw off one of the worst sides to have played City in my lifetime. Element of luck about the first two goals but was nice to see the confidence come back. I thought St Ledger put in the best performance a defender has done for us all season, his marking, passing and challenge was far far better than Mills tonight. Movement of strikers as much better (though they won't get an easier central defence partnership all season)

Hopefully a building block.

Literally the most inept performance I've ever seen from Forest.

**** me I thought we had it bad.

Still, lovely win with excellent performances from Nugent, Dyer, and of course Beckford.

I remain of the opinion that Sven recruited some decent players, hopefully Pearson now sees a way to harness them. Peltier, Kasper, Konchesky, Danns, Nugent, Beckford all played well...Mills and Ledger had little to do but did it well.

Corner turned? Certainly hope so but a much sterner test faces us down south.

I thought St Ledger put in the best performance a defender has done for us all season.

Let's hope both he and Nigel make up. Nigel offers to take him off the transfer list and Sledger tells Nigel he's happy to stay.

Haha! Quite funny how you politely asked no one to ask about streams tonight, yet you post pirate footage of Findley's miss. Someone think he's above the law?

The reason that links to streams weren't allowed is to prevent legal problems for the site. That clip wouldn't pose any problems as it isn't infringing anybody's copyright as it would fall under fair use.

Spot on. The youtube user would be the one who got into trouble - not talkingballs.

It will be removed as soon as its flagged up anyways.

The youtube user could also claim fair use for the clip

The reason that links to streams weren't allowed is to prevent legal problems for the site. That clip wouldn't pose any problems as it isn't infringing anybody's copyright as it would fall under fair use.

Not sure about that, it's recorded off a tv and will be taken down by YouTube once they fbecome aware of it. It's breach of copyright as only ESPN and ITV have rights to show highlights in the UK i think.

Not sure about that, it's recorded off a tv and will be taken down by YouTube once they fbecome aware of it. It's breach of copyright as only ESPN and ITV have rights to show highlights in the UK i think.

youtube will only take it down if ESPN ask them to, but the youtube user would have a counter-claim on two points. It qualifies as fair use, short clips are allowed for the purpose of discussion and critique. Secondly, there's no pecuniary advantage. In very simple terms, if you aren't making any money and you aren't preventing the copyright holder from making money, you aren't infringing their copyright.

As far as this talkingballs is concerned, Jeff posting that clip will cause absolutely no problems for the site at all.

My first post on the match has to be on one topic.
Well done Jermaine.

I have been a strong critic of Beckford. Well tonight he played very well. I hope that at the end of the season he will have proved me and all his other critics wrong.

I enjoyed this post from the match thread on the Forest forum:

Most depressing thing is that the match stats show that Leicester have had 1 shot on target. Yet they are winning 2-0. Pretty much sums up our season.

Listening to the Forest fans having a go at Steve Cotterill I thought of the absurd reaction on some of our fans on the phone-in to Nigel's "delusions of grandeur" comment. Ignoring the fact that the context suggested he meant the players there were people claiming the comment was a sacking offence.

Steve Cotterill had to listen to his own fans demanding that he should be sacked. Yet if he says a word against them they will take great offence. Of course Forests greatest manager was quite willing to clout fans who annoyed him but no other manager would have got away with it.

The Forest board have got a real problem. Their fans want Steve Cotterill out but are determined on Billy Davies as his successor. No doubt Davies would want several changes at board level. If the board bring in a different manager then many Forest fans will resent him for not being Billy Davies.

I feel sorry for Steve Cotterill. He was superb at Cheltenham and seems a good manager and comes across as a decent man.

One last point ion Forest fans. I have enjoyed the contributions of RichB. Initially I thought he was another "The Whites" but I was wrong. Serious fans from other clubs like RichB and Rhydal are a great asset to the forum.

On the basis that Beckford has been ill this week it was an outstanding performance from him. Strikers feed on goals and this should give him the confidence to start scoring on a regular basis. One concerning thing in the midst of an excellent team performance is Mills distribution with the ball - it is woeful. With that being said onwards and upwards.

One last point ion Forest fans. I have enjoyed the contributions of RichB. Initially I thought he was another "The Whites" but I was wrong. Serious fans from other clubs like RichB and Rhydal are a great asset to the forum.

Anyone remember Dorkwolf? I got a text everytime there was a goal but it was early in the morning in Sydney so I just let them stack up. I knew it was a high scoring game but had no idea that it was 4-0 to us. Was well pleased. I was thinking I would wake up to a 3-1 loss!

Distraction of the cup will hopefully give the players a real buzz and we'll see what happens at Southampton. Tough one but we'll be up for it I hope!

Blue Army!

Where now for you guys? You reckon they'll bring BD back? He seemed genuinely upset at your position and appeared to offer himself back to the club.
He wad sacked for non-football reasons and the twats in charge won't do it, too much loss of face to do the right thing.

You will never get an easier chance to score ten and to be quite honest, you weren't really that good when you put your performance against ours. Our reserves ( under McClown) beat the first team 5-1...

ever gracious in defeat. sounds like someones having a sulk

Last edited:
From what I saw on ESPN, I thought Danns had a cracking game.

I see Danns as the new Robbie Savage and I mean that as a compliment. Chasing down all over the place and you just know that he will put in a nasty tackle or two by mistake sometimes but he could make the difference in a match.

Not sure what the fans were trying to tell their board with all the Billy Davies chants.

As well as Billy they also need a goalie, two full backs, a pair of central defenders, an entire midfield, two wide front men and strikers rather than clowns in front of goal.

They're doomed :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670