Post Match Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont remember holloway being such a bad loser when he was here. he had plenty of opportunities after all!!

We got stuffed at Sheffield Utd and I think Sharpe or Beattie scored a hattrick, I believe it was the now legandary 'shoes off game'. Anyway, Sharp won a penalty and Holloway went mad post match, calling him a cheat and all sorts, before saying something along the lines of 'Billy Sharp, you're off the christmas card list you little turkey' :icon_lol:

Last edited:
But the decisions will equal themselves out, more or less. The points dropped will sting obviously, but that's by the by. The human errors will be repeated and theres no reason to think that they'd favour any one team more than another (Manchester United excepted).

We'll have to agree to disagree.

He cheered the lads on in an inspiring way from the stands. Didn't you notice that? He was instrumental for us. I think he has found his best position in the team now.

:icon_lol: no, I didnt see that...brilliant stuff.

Drinkwater and King will take some dislodging from the starting line up. I always had King down as the new Muzzy personally, although I never saw Draper play. (Or I was just much too young to remember)

Big up Kingy for his 200th appearance too, best centre mid we've had for years.

Draper was feckin class. A Rolls Royce.

I reckon the difference is Drinkwater and King both like quick paced passing through the midfield, finding space, playing one-twos etc. Whereas Wellens is the opposite and prefers a very slow paced game and takes his time on the ball. King seems to get involved a lot more playing alongside Drinkwater and no longer gets the "anonymous" criticisms, because while he's always been finding space, we're now actually playing quick enough to find him before the defender gets back and makes his work off the ball useless.

There was one one-two especially by King in the first half with Nugent that put Nugent through that was absolutely superb.

I'm hoping during the international break they work a lot on shooting practice! We played really well, created so many chances, so it was a bit disappointing not to score more/score from open play. A lot of them seemed unlucky (Dyer's hitting the defender for example), but from what people have said we've had that in every game so far...

I don't think they ever particularly looked like scoring. We defended well, and the midfield was superb. First time I've seen Vardy and I was really, really impressed. Moore looked decent except for that blunder in the first half, but big Wes stepped in brilliantly to get us out of trouble.

I was really pleased with the performance yesterday. Keep playing like that and we'll be up there.... the goals will come, our strikers are good enough.

Oh, and I thought Beckford did alright personally. Was surprised he came on though, but gave us pace up front on the counter. If anything, it looked like he was trying too hard! Our way of defending against their onslaught seemed to be just to get more attacked, which worked pretty well. One thing that stood out to me was that after going ahead, we kept going forward and looking for more - too many times in recent seasons we've sat back too much after going in front. Refreshing change.

I thought Kevin Poole supposed to have been a decent keeper for us?

Last edited:
This is the third home game running that our first XI have kept a clean sheet though we rode our luck once or twice. That is a good omen considering De Laet who has looked very impressive was out. Considering Nigel was displeased with St Ledger I wonder whether Moore will keep his place.

I have been very impressed with Drinkwater, Marshall and King but would like to see Knockaert start a League match. Wellens Gallagher and Danns may have to rely on injuries to others for games.

As for our strikers being "good enough" - being "good enough" for the Championship will not get us automatic promotion. I have seen 4 games this season and the only Leicester striker I have seen score is Futacs. Vardy again looked our best striker. He is very inexperienced at this level but time and games will solve this. I would like to see us get a loan striker who will play alongside Vardy and scramble goals from the corners.

I was surprised that when Schlupp came into the defence he stayed back for corners. It would seem to me better for another player to do the defensive cover and have an extra striker in the box.

Schlupp did very well at LB I thought. I was crapping myself with that makeshift and inexperienced defence at the end, but it did okay.

I was surprised that when Schlupp came into the defence he stayed back for corners. It would seem to me better for another player to do the defensive cover and have an extra striker in the box.

He's no big threat in the air, is he? Natural to push the CBs up for the corners and keeping someone with pace back to defend a potential counter attack

This is the third home game running that our first XI have kept a clean sheet though we rode our luck once or twice. That is a good omen considering De Laet who has looked very impressive was out. Considering Nigel was displeased with St Ledger I wonder whether Moore will keep his place.

I have been very impressed with Drinkwater, Marshall and King but would like to see Knockaert start a League match. Wellens Gallagher and Danns may have to rely on injuries to others for games.

As for our strikers being "good enough" - being "good enough" for the Championship will not get us automatic promotion. I have seen 4 games this season and the only Leicester striker I have seen score is Futacs. Vardy again looked our best striker. He is very inexperienced at this level but time and games will solve this. I would like to see us get a loan striker who will play alongside Vardy and scramble goals from the corners.

Who said our strikers were "good enough" though? Both Beckford and Nugent have played and scored in the Premier League.

Also, other than one comment during the game, which managers make all the time, is there anything to suggest Pearson is anything but happy with SSL? He was saying how well he'd done after game and how it was brave to admit he couldn't play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669