Post Match Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought IH was very undignified in his manner at the end of the game.
It wasn't NP's fault the penalty was given.

lovin the "Vardy is a diver" jibes here in Blackpool (some of their dillussional fans thought they could go all season unbeaten lol, just hope other teams realise they arent that good !)

Vardy hardly dived, he got contact, whether it was enough contact to fully justify a penalty...not really in my eyes

but it was one of those "seen them given" ones

Blackpool can't really moan about losing a game they never scored in

My post-match pointers:-

Most football fans pre-requisite for their football team is to see their football team trying. Well I make that four league games on the trot now of seeing a Leicester side full of effort. It just belittles the notion that it's an unhappy camp at Belvoir Drive. Admittedly the team spirit is hardly completely united but given such a makeshift looking side towards the end, they played for each other in a refreshing manner. The likes of Moore and Schlupp need a major pat on the back for not cracking against two speedy wingers. Interestingly despite the low crowd, it appeared the support was far more united and free of the moaners.

Penalty shouts. The first of the three, the referee rose his arm in preparation to blow his whistle. I didn't think it was a penalty. The second looked far more like a foul, Eardley was the wrong side of Dyer thereby had to cause contact to retrieve the ball. The ref pointed at the ball as if to say 'got the ball', not really the point. Finally the third was never a penalty and if it was, Konchesky should have been punished for hauling down Dicko a few minutes later.

Holloway can moan all likes about the ref. He made a massive tactical mistake. He claims to be a changed tactician since leaving Leicester but he's still very simplistic. Once going one goal down, he thought fire with fire. Replacing midfielders with strikers until his side at the very end was 3-1-2-1-4 in a side barely blessed with 6ft 3 strikers. In the process, it made a congested final third for his two most capable players, Ince and Phillips. His midfield did a very good job but he then decided to bypass them which went into the hands of Morgan and Konchesky.

Andy King is turning into a very good player. He doesn't chase the ball, he just reads the game very, very well. Sven and Sousa wanted to morph him into an attacking midfielder but he's not that. He's a central midfielder whose as good in defence as attack. Also thought Liam Moore looked a lot more composed than his previous games, worth to note a lack of a yellow card in four league games which is excellent for a learner of the game. Jeff Schlupp very good when he came on. As for Beckford, dear sweet mother of jesus.

What stood out for me was I could hear Moore barking out instructions throughout the game. I thought Vardy ran his arse off. As for the pen it was marginal and the challenge on matchstick man was nailed on. Most annoying for me near the end we were given offside when 3 city players were breaking over the halfway line into an empty Blackpool half and for me it was a piss poor decision. Also Beckford had an easy chance to put Vardy clean through at the end and just couldn't be arsed .

My post-match pointers:-

Most football fans pre-requisite for their football team is to see their football team trying. Well I make that four league games on the trot now of seeing a Leicester side full of effort. It just belittles the notion that it's an unhappy camp at Belvoir Drive. Admittedly the team spirit is hardly completely united but given such a makeshift looking side towards the end, they played for each other in a refreshing manner. The likes of Moore and Schlupp need a major pat on the back for not cracking against two speedy wingers. Interestingly despite the low crowd, it appeared the support was far more united and free of the moaners.

Penalty shouts. The first of the three, the referee rose his arm in preparation to blow his whistle. I didn't think it was a penalty. The second looked far more like a foul, Eardley was the wrong side of Dyer thereby had to cause contact to retrieve the ball. The ref pointed at the ball as if to say 'got the ball', not really the point. Finally the third was never a penalty and if it was, Konchesky should have been punished for hauling down Dicko a few minutes later.

Holloway can moan all likes about the ref. He made a massive tactical mistake. He claims to be a changed tactician since leaving Leicester but he's still very simplistic. Once going one goal down, he thought fire with fire. Replacing midfielders with strikers until his side at the very end was 3-1-2-1-4 in a side barely blessed with 6ft 3 strikers. In the process, it made a congested final third for his two most capable players, Ince and Phillips. His midfield did a very good job but he then decided to bypass them which went into the hands of Morgan and Konchesky.

Andy King is turning into a very good player. He doesn't chase the ball, he just reads the game very, very well. Sven and Sousa wanted to morph him into an attacking midfielder but he's not that. He's a central midfielder whose as good in defence as attack. Also thought Liam Moore looked a lot more composed than his previous games, worth to note a lack of a yellow card in four league games which is excellent for a learner of the game. Jeff Schlupp very good when he came on. As for Beckford, dear sweet mother of jesus.

Your first sentence seems to damn with faint praise: as any parent knows, when one reads, "Tries hard" on a report, it is a euphemism for "Is useless" :icon_bigg

I make that four league games on the trot now of seeing a Leicester side full of effort.

Full of effort and full of attacking intent.

Of course a couple of the results, some of the defending and the lack of clinical finishing has been far from ideal, but I genuinely can't remember the last time that I have seen four LCFC performances in a row as good as those (league) so far this season in terms of creativity and desire.

As for Beckford, dear sweet mother of jesus.

He was horrendous again. I'm not going to lose any sleep if he goes, providing we have an adequate replacement lined up. He's been dreadful whenever I've seen him this season - a shadow of the player who tore up League One for three seasons running.

Isn't it time to forget Sven? Nigel Pearson has now had sufficient time to be judged upon his own merits.

Forget Sven? Never!

Far too recent in history to stop blaming though he is the tip of the iceberg after that **** O'Neill ruined us. Apparently.

He was horrendous again. I'm not going to lose any sleep if he goes, providing we have an adequate replacement lined up. He's been dreadful whenever I've seen him this season - a shadow of the player who tore up League One for three seasons running.

From what I've seen, Vardy has stood out but Beckford and Nugent have been no better or worse than each other.

From what I've seen, Vardy has stood out but Beckford and Nugent have been no better or worse than each other.

Agreed but for some reason people take much more pleasure from berating Beckford rather than Nugent

Yep I said Beckford was crap just because I'm a racist. Just about sums this place up really no wonder established posters don't bother any more.

Yep I said Beckford was crap just because I'm a racist. Just about sums this place up really no wonder established posters don't bother any more.

Lako twisted it but I think that was more pointing to Mr.Young's view of things than the established posters view. Must say that I disagree in your conclusion that this sums up this place, and if this means "established posters" won't bother anymore I'd say that the established posters are a bit touchy.

Get out the wrong side of bed Lazzer? I can't see why you think people are suggesting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566