Post Match Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Beckford and Nugent have played and scored in the Premier League.

So has Francis Jeffers... So has Trevor Benjamin...

The moment people stop using this ridiculous fallacy (and other similar ones such as "the player has played and scored for England U21s") I'll be happy.

Last edited:
So has Francis Jeffers... So has Trevor Benjamin...

The moment people stop using this ridiculous fallacy (and other similar ones such as "the player has played and scored for England U21s") I'll be happy.

Then how would you suggest Mr Gwilliam determines whether someone is "good enough"?

Then how would you suggest Mr Gwilliam determines whether someone is "good enough"?

I have no idea and I'm not bothered, It's just ridiculous how many people think scoring very few amount of goals in the PL means the player must be a very good striker at Championship level or a player has played games in the PL means they must be a very good Championship player. It's been proven rubbish time and time again.

A mediocre Championship player can happily fit in and be a mediocre PL player for a lot of teams. Hell, look at Carl Jenkinson, a shite player in League One who is for some unknown reason playing regularly for one of the top teams in the country.

It's just a basic association fallacy.

Last edited:
Beckford, Nugent and Vardy are good enough for promotion. I think we have a strong strike force. The goals will come soon enough if we're playing like we did yesterday.

Beckford, Nugent and Vardy are good enough for promotion. I think we have a strong strike force. The goals will come soon enough if we're playing like we did yesterday.

I agree. Up top is the only area of the team I think we have sorted.

Schlupp did very well at LB I thought. I was crapping myself with that makeshift and inexperienced defence at the end, but it did okay.

He was superb. Two blokes sat behind me were calling Pearson a deranged idiot when he made the substitution, they didn't say anything after that though. I really think he could be a good prospect at Left Back, as he has looked comfortable whilst playing there.

A good performance and result. Plenty of potential shown and a cracking performance from 90% of the team. Pearson shows he can work with a very short hand due to injuries and we comfortably beat the form team of the division. Where are the haters?

Hello.
Are there any highlights on the tinternet yet?
It's Sunday evening and I thought that someone like the BBC would have some highlights for people like me who were busy on Saturday.

Hello.
Are there any highlights on the tinternet yet?
It's Sunday evening and I thought that someone like the BBC would have some highlights for people like me who were busy on Saturday.

They're no longer able to show the highlights like they used to - they're on the Sky website this season - http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23762_8045014,00.html

The BBC are now allowed to put the Football League Show on iPlayer.

It's worth watching both versions because they both show things that aren't on the other.

But the decisions will equal themselves out, more or less. The points dropped will sting obviously, but that's by the by. The human errors will be repeated and theres no reason to think that they'd favour any one team more than another (Manchester United excepted).

Apparently Arsene Wenger has showed people a report where they reviewed all matches and corrected wrong decisions and the consequent results and league table. Arsenal missed out the most.

They're no longer able to show the highlights like they used to - they're on the Sky website this season - http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23762_8045014,00.html

The BBC are now allowed to put the Football League Show on iPlayer.

It's worth watching both versions because they both show things that aren't on the other.

If you only watch the BBC ones, you come away thinking that they dominated and we did little, or at least I did. The Sky ones are much more how I remember the game.

A good performance and result. Plenty of potential shown and a cracking performance from 90% of the team. Pearson shows he can work with a very short hand due to injuries and we comfortably beat the form team of the division. Where are the haters?

Not sure as to whether I count as a "hater". I think that you know that I am not a Pearson fan but, I did not expect us to be fighting relegation. We are about where I would expect this team to finish: 9th.

This was an entertaining game and, although we were lucky to get the penalty, I thought that the Dyer decision was diabolical so, we deserved the goal.

I cannot work out who all the many injuries of which you speak and I do not foresee this team troubling the top six places at the end of the season. I take it that we disagree upon this latter issue and rather than me saying that you smell, and you countering that I smell more, I guess that we will just have to let history play itself out.....

Not sure as to whether I count as a "hater". I think that you know that I am not a Pearson fan but, I did not expect us to be fighting relegation. We are about where I would expect this team to finish: 9th.

This was an entertaining game and, although we were lucky to get the penalty, I thought that the Dyer decision was diabolical so, we deserved the goal.

I cannot work out who all the many injuries of which you speak and I do not foresee this team troubling the top six places at the end of the season. I take it that we disagree upon this latter issue and rather than me saying that you smell, and you countering that I smell more, I guess that we will just have to let history play itself out.....

Not so long ago you couldn't even see a league table at this stage.

We've played well in all of our games. If decisions had gone with us at Blackburn we'd be firmly in the play off places. Despite having 2 centre backs injured and our right back having been injured in the warm up today.

All of which in the face of hugely reducing our costs from the ridiculous actions of the previous manager.

In summary, Pearsons doing pretty well to have us higher in the tabe than the previous incumbent with a vastly reduced wage bill.

Last edited:
Not so long ago you couldn't even see a league table at this stage.

We've played well in all of our games. If decisions had gone with us at Blackburn we'd be firmly in the play off places. Despite having 2 centre backs injured and our right back having been injured in the warm up today.

All of which in the face of hugely reducing our costs from the ridiculous actions of the previous manager.

In summary, Pearsons doing pretty well to have us higher in the tabe than the previous incumbent with a vastly reduced wage bill.

Isn't it time to forget Sven? Nigel Pearson has now had sufficient time to be judged upon his own merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669