Nigel Pearson - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not renewing my ST, even though I now know who is the manager. I will leave it up to the new manager to change my mind and that means by results.

Last edited:
well.. it's a funny old world. What happened to the manager that was going to provide us with attractive football?

I'm not unhappy nor happy at this appointment, I will wait and see how he does but I don't think that Milan has made the right choice (again) but I do suspect that this may well not have been his first choice either...

I don't know if I'll be able to forgive him when he reveals his first signing - Moore - on Monday.

Yes but its not really his signing is it - its Milans :102:

Good luck to Nigel anyway and hopefully his tenure with Leicester City will be a fruitful one.

John Gregory has just been on Sky Sports talking about the New Manager but I only caught the last 10 seconds. Does anybody know what he said?

With this Nigel Pearson (didn't he used to be in Drop The Dead Donkey & Trevor's World Of Sport?) being the new bloke, the media pressure will possibly be less on him than if a Big Name was in the job.

well.. it's a funny old world. What happened to the manager that was going to provide us with attractive football?

He didn't want the job, did he?

However, I think Milan has not done too badly to get Pearson - who is clearly desperate for a job.

My gut feeling is that he will do reasonably ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Gregory has just been on Sky Sports talking about the New Manager but I only caught the last 10 seconds. Does anybody know what he said?

Not much really WT. Just that he held talks with milan. he says unfortunately he hasnt gone with him but wishes us best of luck.

i felt flat when i heard of NPs appointment this morning, however saying that, i were excited about MA2's and IH's appointments and they worked out awfully. having read some southampton's fans' views i am more optimistic.
important now that MM let's him do his job and doesnt interfere.
Nigel Pearson's blue n white army!

Last edited:
Not much really WT. Just that he held talks with milan. he says unfortunately he hasnt gone with him but wishes us best of luck.

i felt flat when i heard of NPs appointment this morning, however saying that, i were excited about MA2's and IH's appointments and they worked out awfully. having read some southampton's fans' views i am more optimistic.
important now that MM let's him do his job and doesnt interfere.
Nigel Pearson's blue n white army!

What a cock .... JG had the job in the bag THREE times, but bailed out for one reason or another. MM fecked him off after all the pissing around he was doing.

I was initially gutted with NP but as far as I am concerned its a clean slate and I am hopeful of a good season. NP will want to prove himself and should put 100% into this job.

Both the Saints fans and the Newcastle fans I've spoken to say he's a great manager and a good appointment.

I think he will do better than many think.

I love reading people's opinions and creating new brackets to put them in.

Lets not forget we are a div 1 club and we only need a div 1 manager. Pearson, to my mind, fits to a tee.

Lets not forget we are a div 1 club and we only need a div 1 manager. Pearson, to my mind, fits to a tee.
A perfect chance for both club and Manager to grow together, and get some of that stability shit that people keep obsessing over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669