Nigel Pearson - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me , what this bloke has done,, terrible appointment.
i am glad i waited to see who the manager was going to be before i bought my season ticket as i will not be getting one now. milan has lost the plot .

We've had managers that have looked good on paper, so what Pearson has or hasn't done is pretty irrelevant imo.

When I used to have a season ticket, it was to go and see the team I support, not because of who the manager was, until finances determined otherwise.

i am glad i waited to see who the manager was going to be before i bourt my season ticket as i will not be getting one now. milan has lost the plot .

I'd guess he's passed more English tests than you at the very least.

i am glad i waited to see who the manager was going to be before i bourt my season ticket as i will not be getting one now. milan has lost the plot .

Kept a side in the Championship which was more than IH could. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Kept a side in the Championship which was more than IH could. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

I'm sure that will cheer everyone up next season when we are mid table in March with no chance of promotion. :icon_wink

Fat chance of that :icon_lol:

Out of interest if Pearson does manage to last the whole season and we finish as champions does it mean he is the worst manager in our history? :icon_wink

Out of interest if Pearson does manage to last the whole season and we finish as champions does it mean he is the worst manager in our history? :icon_wink

Yes and no. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

No, we have been in a position for a few years where the Manager's success is determined by the position we find ourselves starting the following season in.

OK

My initial reaction = At least it's not fecking Gregory

My considered reaction = Woop De Fecking Doo

My thoughtful reaction = Don't love him,don't hate him.In fact don't really have an opinion of the bloke at all which is fine with me as it equates to a clean slate.He is now the manager of MY club so he has my 100% support until he does something incredibly stupid or we lose a lot of games &/or play incredibly badly.I suggest it might be an idea for everyone to adopt this attitude.That includes you Milan if you're listening.If we end up sacking him by Xmas then we truly are fecked for the forseeable.

Welcome to the madhouse Nige...& put your boots on because there is an almighty amount of arse kicking needed around here

When he took over at Southampton the ship wasn't just sinking, it was going straight to the bottom. He motivated all the club, not just the players. When he speaks, you listen, it's good stuff. I know who I think has got the better new manager for the season.
However if you want to see lots of attacking football and goals at both ends I think you'll be disappointed

A comment from a Southampton fan on another forum I use.

I just wonder if we are now finding out the reasons why even John Gregory didn't want to come here?

Perhaps he didn't like the idea of selling half the squad and starting again, with the wieght of expectation also upon the shoulders.

We had a very large squad - in more ways than one.

It's right to prune it down and allow the youth to flourish. Just think of Milan and Nige as gardeners.

We had a very large squad - in more ways than one.

It's right to prune it down and allow the youth to flourish. Just think of Milan and Nige as gardeners.

We might currently have an overgrown garden that needs trimming but the worry is that MM goes the whole way rips everything out and all you are left with is a mud heap with a bunch of seeds that are going to need a couple of seasons to grow. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669