Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how you measure success I suppose. However success to me within a season is an improvement on the previous season. Pearson has achieved that every time he has been at the club.

That - I would say - is measurable success

The only yard stick that matters is the one held by the owners. Success in their eyes can only be promotion. Nothing more, nothing less. Every season in this league costs them a fortune. They may see him moving in the right direction, but I doubt they would herald him as a success, or having brought the club any, during his stint here.

The only yard stick that matters is the one held by the owners. Success in their eyes can only be promotion. Nothing more, nothing less. Every season in this league costs them a fortune. They may see him moving in the right direction, but I doubt they would herald him as a success, or having brought the club any, during his stint here.

They're fools then. But we already knew that.

The Forest away game, that was success.

Every season in this league costs them a fortune.

Except that it doesn't

It's just another opportunity to lodge another raft of enormous loans against the club, for which they receive a very healthy rate of interest in return

It doesn't cost them a penny - it drives the club, however, into a spiral of unsustainable debt, for which we will all pay in the future

Last edited:
Except that it doesn't

It's just another opportunity to lodge another raft of enormous loans against the club, for which they receive a very healthy rate of interest in return

It doesn't cost them a penny - it drives the club, however, into a spiral of unsustainable debt, for which we will all pay in the future

Oh come off it, they've bought the stadium and bankrolled a squad full of talent, there is no way this could all end up in tears :icon_wink

Oh come off it, they've bought the stadium and bankrolled a squad full of talent, there is no way this could all end up in tears :icon_wink

They'll be tears aplenty when the fire sale starts in a few days time

It's not only the shitty fall-apart kit that they will be flogging at 75% off

They'll be tears aplenty when the fire sale starts in a few days time

It's not only the shitty fall-apart kit that they will be flogging at 75% off

Oh I was just about to renew my season ticket. Might not bother :)

Except that it doesn't

They can charge Wonga like interest rates if they want, they won't see any of it back if we stay in this league. If we go in to admin, they'll not see much either. Until we are in a position to pay them back, it is costing them.

Well, they haven't actually sacked him yet, so maybe they wouldn't agree with greg at all.

did you read my post? I said they may see him as taking steps in the right direction, which may mean they'll keep him (although I personally hope they don't). However, that does not mean they feel he has been successful, just that they are willing to give him longer to achieve said 'success'.

....and my name isn't Greg

Last edited:
did you read my post? I said they may see him as taking steps in the right direction, which may mean they'll keep him (although I personally hope they don't). However, that does not mean they feel he has been successful, just that they are willing to give him longer to achieve said 'success'.

....and my name isn't Greg
True, could be. Or, their definition of success is FOX Frank's and they wouldn't agree with you at all.

I know it isn't, greggypants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670