Sunderland - Saturday 16th September 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick off 3:00 p.m.

Tickets
We have been allocated 2,087 tickets for this fixture, priced at £24 for adults, £14 for seniors (over 65) and £8 for juveniles (under 16).

Monday 4th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 5th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 6th September - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 7th September - Members
Friday 8th September - General Sale

Coaches
Fox Travel are putting on an 'early bird' coach which will leave the Walkers at 8:30 a.m. and stop off at the Board Inn (?) for refreshments on the outward journey. At the moment this seems to be the only definite coach but any other will depart at 09:00.

The fare for season ticket holders is £16.50 adult and £14.50 (concession) with non-season ticket holders paying a quid more in each case.

Directions
M1
A1 / A1(M)

Leave the A1(M) at Junction 61 and take the A690 towards Sunderland.

After almost 15 miles, you will come to the Priestman Roundabout where the A690 crosses the A1231 - take the first exit here onto the A1231 (signposted South Shields).

Continue to follow the signs for South Shields until you cross the River Wear - the ground is to your left. Follow the signs for Match Parking at the nearby college or park in the street.

187 miles - about 3¼ hours

Trains
The Saver Return costs a massive £78.50, although it possible (at this moment) to book ahead and pay only(?) £52.50 for GNER Advance tickets. (The really intrepid could even get the 01:02 train from Leicester, have a 4 hour wait in Derby and do the whole journey for £36, arriving in Sunderland just after 10:00). It should be noted that the last train from Seaburn is at 17:16 - later trains won't get you back to Leicester until Sunday morning. You may have gathered that I don't think train travel from Leicester is viable but please feel free to pm me if you want any more details on these fares or timings.

Pubs

Pubs in the city centre can be more welcoming to away supporters than those near the ground, but this does seem to vary from visit to visit. Remember this is Sunderland and they have never quite forgiven us for being the fist club to win at the Stadium of Light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Durham and Myself shall be taking part in this fixture, with a well deserved stop over in Whitley Bay !!!

I shall be there, including the annual pilgrimage to whitley bay :)

Going to see a mate in Manchester for a few days at the end of the month so no chance of me getting to Sunderland and I can't make it back in a day

was going to go but i'm not allowed an Overnight pass.

Sandwich to Sunderland = 360 miles

Kinlochleven to Sunderland = 270 miles

You should be able to drive it in less than 6 hours - you don't need an overnight pass.

Sandwich to Sunderland = 360 miles

Kinlochleven to Sunderland = 270 miles

You should be able to drive it in less than 6 hours - you don't need an overnight pass.

Good Luck to you driving Boc, what time will you get up in the morning?

You drive for 6 hrs, have a bite to eat and a drink for 1 hr, watch 2 hrs of shite, probs another 1 hr of eating before setting off on another 6 hrs journey. You will be back in time for the highlights of The Championship on Sunday Morning.

You drive for 6 hrs, have a bite to eat and a drink for 1 hr, watch 2 hrs of shite, probs another 1 hr of eating before setting off on another 6 hrs journey. You will be back in time for the highlights of The Championship on Sunday Morning.
Blimey Hazza you did better than me. I can't find the clue that says Boc is driving :icon_lol:

I guess I would make a rubbish detective :icon_wink

Driving ? Me?!? I don't drive to any match that I can get to by public transport.

I'll only be driving as far as Ramsgate for the 06:22 to Victoria, tube to Kings Cross for the 09:00 to Necastle, then Metro to Stadium of Light stqation. Back from Newcastle on the 18:34 to arrive in London in plenty of time for the 23:03 back to Ramsgate - arrives 01:01 on Sunday, so I will be tucked up in bed and asleep by half-one.

Mrs Boc will waken me and provide me with a bacon sandwich just in time for the Championship.

Blimey Hazza you did better than me. I can't find the clue that says Boc is driving :icon_lol:

I guess I would make a rubbish detective :icon_wink

That's not fair - you have inside information. You know I can't be arsed to drive nowadays unless I have to. And what's the point of having loads of time to spare if you don't waste it in the laziest way possible?

See you've got the essentials covered !!

Not at all. She does it as a service of her own free will - she knows I will be as naggy as hell for the rest of the day if I miss it.

That's not fair - you have inside information. You know I can't be arsed to drive nowadays unless I have to. And what's the point of having loads of time to spare if you don't waste it in the laziest way possible?
Me, using underhand methods of humiliating somebody, never. I always try to humiliate fairly and squarely :icon_wink

Last edited:
Don't drive:102:

You do need an overnight pass. In fact you would need two overnight passes - the first train from Fort William doesn't get you to Edinburgh until after 12:30 so you wouldn't stand a chance of making kick-off off the Saturday morning train, and the last train back to Fort William leaves Glasgow soon after 6; no chance of catching that.

Looks like you're going to miss the game.
:icon_sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472