Sunderland - Saturday 16th September 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us London Brancher's went to a great pub on the river last time ( opposite bank to the stadium )

Last time we went to Sunderland, the London Branch decided to quench their thirsts in Newcastle and then take the Metro down to the station right near the ground.

:icon_lol: One of us must be right!

Wasn't that the year before?

I think the truth is that we split up.. Wasn't your 'pub near the river' nearer the old Roker ground? I know that some wrnt to that pub up the hill in Newcastle because I met my ticket there.

I think the truth is that we split up.. Wasn't your 'pub near the river' nearer the old Roker ground? I know that some went to that pub up the hill in Newcastle because I met my ticket there.

I think you may be right. Are you travelling up with us to WBA, Boc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you may be right. Are you travelling up with us to WBA, Boc?

Only if I can remember what time train it is we're supposed to be catching!

I know it's Marylebone but I'm foxed if I can remember the time.

Two hours to get from Gateshead to Sunderland? Webbo could manage it on his hands and knees in that time!!

It takes two hours as I live in the middle of nowhere in west gateshead, its 20 miles from my house to sunderland....a bit of a hike in car never mind public transport.
the william jameson one is wetherspoons yeah.

Last edited:
im suprised cate has allowed it to be honest :102:

Cate probably plays the same tactics as Mrs Boc - and encourages him in his waywardness, in the hope that he stays there for ever.

The London Branch will be having a pre-match wake at the Saltgrass, Hanover Place, Deptford, SR4 6BY. Nearest Metro - Millfield.

The London Branch will be having a pre-match wake at the Saltgrass, Hanover Place, Deptford, SR4 6BY. Nearest Metro - Millfield.

... and swimming over to the game afterwards?

It's not that much of a walk along the river to the bridge, boc.

Is there a riverside walk? If not, it looks as though it just over a mile to the bridge. From pub to ground looks as though it will take a good 30-35 minutes.

Is there a riverside walk? If not, it looks as though it just over a mile to the bridge. From pub to ground looks as though it will take a good 30-35 minutes.

There is a riverside walk, having walked it last year, I'm pretty sure I'm right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566