Wayne Brown rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the OS with an Official Statement now about this Wayne Brown matter.

By the way Wayne must be a recent BNP supporter as he is not on the list of BNP suporters with the Brown surname that I found on the internet, which is a couple of years old.

To save anyone logging on

Official Statement
Posted on: Wed 26 May 2010
Leicester City Football Club would like to issue the following statement:

In light of the recent alleged incident involving Wayne Brown, the club can confirm that an internal investigation is being undertaken.

Wayne Brown remains a Leicester City player. If any Leicester City player is found liable of any wrongdoing, they will be dealt with in accordance to the internal procedures set out by Leicester City Football Club.

Leicester City is proud of the strong commitment to its local and wider reaching communities, and it's involvement in a number of initiatives including the 'Kick It Out', 'Respect' and 'Every Player Counts' campaigns.

On the OS with an Official Statement now about this Wayne Brown matter.

Official Statement
Posted on: Wed 26 May 2010
Leicester City Football Club would like to issue the following statement:

In light of the recent alleged incident involving Wayne Brown, the club can confirm that an internal investigation is being undertaken.

Wayne Brown remains a Leicester City player. If any Leicester City player is found liable of any wrongdoing, they will be dealt with in accordance to the internal procedures set out by Leicester City Football Club.

Leicester City is proud of the strong commitment to its local and wider reaching communities, and it's involvement in a number of initiatives including the 'Kick It Out', 'Respect' and 'Every Player Counts' campaigns.

Just confirming that they are doing what they said they would do 9 days ago then - and confirming the nature of the alleged incident.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2052843,00.html

Leicester City Football Club would like to issue the following statement regarding the recent enquiries concerning Leicester City player, Wayne Brown.

Wayne Brown remains a Leicester City player and any alleged incidents will be investigated and dealt with internally.

Last edited:
I guess after the whole Dennis Wise debacle, the club want to make sure they do this by the book, so that if they do decide to dismiss him, they do it fairly in the eyes of the law and don't get dragged through the courts again.

I guess after the whole Dennis w*s* debacle, the club want to make sure they do this by the book, so that if they do decide to dismiss him, they do it fairly in the eyes of the law and don't get dragged through the courts again.

How would they be able to dissmiss him? He should be able to vote for whoever he wants, even if it is the BNP.

The issue has arisen not from his choice of vote. It has arisen from the ensuing altercation between Brown and Dyer and i belive Powell as well.

The issue has arisen not from his choice of vote. It has arisen from the ensuing altercation between Brown and Dyer and i belive Powell as well.

Ah I see, well if that is the case then bye bye Mr Brown

How would they be able to dissmiss him? He should be able to vote for whoever he wants, even if it is the BNP.

The 'investigation' has feck all to do with his voting habits - I can't believe that anyone thinks it does

It's about his actions, comments and behaviour to other LCFC staff members.

Even if these prove to be overtly racist, I doubt we would have grounds for outright dismissal - but might just be enough for us to actively seek to get rid of him by any other means

FF are you suggesting Willlow was saying he was getting sacked for voting BNP :102:
It reads to me like he was suggesting he couldnt possibly sacked for it :102:

The 'investigation' has feck all to do with his voting habits - I can't believe that anyone thinks it does

Even if these prove to be overtly racist, I doubt we would have grounds for outright dismissal - but might just be enough for us to actively seek to get rid of him by any other means

My knowledge of employment law is fairly limited (so if im wrong im willing to be corrected), but if the club are trying to argue its misconduct as a grounds for dismissal, then one legally recognised form of misconduct is "bringing an employer into serious disrepute" and i'm sure a case could be made for this if the altercation happened with other players because of some other racist remarks

Last edited:

Any racism is normally viewed as gross misconduct to be fair, sackable at the least...

If the policies of the club with regard to racism are written clearly enough (which I am sure they are), if his actions are found to have been overtly racist, there will be wholly adequate grounds to dismiss him. It might however be better to keep him on the books to ensure that a fee, however small, is obtained in return for releasing from his contract to take up employment elsewhere.

Last edited:
lazzer said:
FF are you suggesting Willlow was saying he was getting sacked for voting BNP :102:
It reads to me like he was suggesting he couldnt possibly sacked for it :102:
Willlow appeared to be under the impression that people were suggesting that the club would sack Brown for voting BNP, even though nobody has suggested that as it would be absurd. He just wasn't paying attention.

Kids these days, they just don't listen. I blame the parents.

Willlow appeared to be under the impression that people were suggesting that the club would sack Brown for voting BNP, even though nobody has suggested that as it would be absurd. He just wasn't paying attention.

Kids these days, they just don't listen. I blame the parents.

Nobody listens to me at all :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570