Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree about Weale.
Yes his form dipped, but at one stage there was almost uproar as it looked like Spurs were going to buy him.
Prior to his dip in form he was a good keeper.
Agree with you, disagree with Miles. I liked Weale in his early period for the first team, and was more than good enough for us at the time. All opinions, 'tho innit. Agree with those not keen on Walker, his reputation was far better than what he produced on the pitch for us.

Last edited:
Agree with you, disagree with Miles. I liked Weale in his early period for the first team, and was more than good enough for us at the time. All opinions, 'tho innit. Agree with those not keen on Walker, his reputation was far better than what he produced on the pitch for us.

Aye some superb individual performances away at QPR, Doncaster and Sheffield United for example.

I always thought he was very likeable. Very professional and under the Sven era that was an exception.

Aye some superb individual performances away at QPR, Doncaster and Sheffield United for example.

I always thought he was very likeable. Very professional and under the Sven era that was an exception.

He won us that game. We were hardly in it and he saved shots galore. Living in Sheffield it was a game I remember well. According to our local radio if not for Weale Shrewsbury won have lost by more than 3 last weekend to Rotherham.

Last edited:
That game was a classic.Very early goal from King then shots rained in our goal for 90mins.Weale was immense!As a fellow Sheffield based fox I remember it well.

Weale was one of few goalies I can remember that was more likely to be beaten from 25-30 yards than 5 yards.

Forest away was a bad one for him with their third?? that sticks in the memory and also Derby away with the own goal.

Still think he was good for us at the time though and a lot better than the dross of the Douglas/Pieman era.

Was never much of a fan of Henderson either, too slow and shakey for me.

Forest away was a bad one for him with their third?? that sticks in the memory and also Derby away with the own goal.

And let's not forget his shambolic clearance that contributed to a two nil defeat away at Brizzle.

Still think he was good for us at the time though and a lot better than the dross of the Douglas/Pieman era.

Was never much of a fan of Henderson either, too slow and shakey for me.

Agree about Forest away. It was more a pop at how regularly he was beaten from range than anything else, definitely more than any other keeper I can remember.

Ikeme was another useless keeper. I think his first return after being with us on loan was when he came charging out of his goal to head it, headed it straight to Waghorn who scored from about 35 yards into an empty net.

Last edited:
And let's not forget his shambolic clearance that contributed to a two nil defeat away at Brizzle.

Wasn't there one where we conceded about 4 from long range in one game? I was thinking Sheff Weds but can't find it

Weale was average. Not bad, but not very good either.

Flowers is top for me, then Kasper, then Walker.

Last edited:
Wasn't there one where we conceded about 4 from long range in one game? I was thinking Sheff Weds but can't find it

That was the horror of the second-to-last game in the season we got relegated. I'm not sure if Weale was in goal at the time.

Logan was in goal for that, wasn't he?

RS is spot on; Weale was adequate in his first season. I think he was one of those goalies who was OK given a run, but couldn't keep his game together to be a reliable backup. Reliable backup keepers are a good asset. Pegguy was immense in that regard. Royce was very solid too as I recall.

Last edited:
Logan was in goal for the 4-1, the season we went down it was the last home game and that was 3-1 with Henderson in between the sticks

Can a mod please add '+ Ex Goalkeeper Discussion' to the thread title please?

Much more interesting than the crappy rumours!

4-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, but it was two and a half years before Weale signed for us. Our goal was also scored from long range - a Stephen Hughes strike that took a massive deflection.
That was the horror of the second-to-last game in the season we got relegated. I'm not sure if Weale was in goal at the time.
No, it wasn't. It was December 2006, and Conrad Logan was in goal. Weale joined in the summer of 2009. The third goal in the 3-1 defeat you refer to was scored from close range by Leon Clarke.

Weale was average. Not bad, but not very good either.

Flowers is top for me, then Kasper, then Walker.

Aye, Graz.....but You young ´uns obviously don´t remember Banks, Shilton and Wallington. Casey Keller also peaked when he was with us as far as I remember.

Why would you want to watch that again?

Who wouldn't want to? Especially with this team to entertain you.....

Conrad Logan
Pat McCarthy
Richard Stearman
Alan Maybury
Danny Tiatto
Paddy Kisnorbo
Levi Porter
Stephen Hughes
Josh Low
Elvis Hammond
Iain Hume

Who wouldn't want to? Especially with this team to entertain you.....

Conrad Logan
Pat McCarthy
Richard Stearman
Alan Maybury
Danny Tiatto
Paddy Kisnorbo
Levi Porter
Stephen Hughes
Josh Low
Elvis Hammond
Iain Hume

Wow. Makes me shudder. Could that be the worst ever 11 to represent City together? So much dross with one or two average at best players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670