11 Points Off Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was being sarcastic :icon_lol::icon_lol:

No you weren't, now you have been made to look a complete tool (tho you do a very good job of that already) you are pretending that you were.

You're only lying to yourself! ;)

Before you think of another related thread - may I also kindly mention that the win over Coventry - whilst welcome in our struggle to avoid serious relegation difficulties - does not suggest to me that our current side is the best in the club's history nor that the Howard/ Hayles partnership is about to eclipse any other striker partnerships in European football.

Time to start a thread on IH being the new O'Neil then....

I truly truly want to believe that.

Your initial post had diminished my already very limited faith in mankind.

Before you think of another related thread - may I also kindly mention that the win over Coventry - whilst welcome in our struggle to avoid serious relegation difficulties - does not suggest to me that our current side is the best in the club's history nor that the Howard/ Hayles partnership is about to eclipse any other striker partnerships in European football.

i have not read it myself but i have been told that in Olllie's book he states that he tried to sign these two when he was at QPR and if he had it would have turned them into a promotion challanging team

I truly truly want to believe that.

Your initial post had diminished my already very limited faith in mankind.

Yeah but once Lee Martin arrives, we will have the best team in the world..........

Surely he must be signing tomorrow?!? :icon_conf

No nor me but Milan does :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Club propaganda. If we have a reasonable run till the end of the season then the last 10 games will be low to mid-table boredom. Despite no interest in the cup and a crap lge position, Milan still wants bums on seats.

Last edited:
It's not impossible for us to be promoted, just very unlikely. We'll need at least 75 points or 73 minimum. There are 19 games left. We currently have 30 points. In order to get another 45 points we would need to win something like 14, draw three, lose two. Possible, but not likely. :102:

If we went up (which we wont, or next season for that matter) then we would do worse than Derby have done this year. FACT

No you weren't, now you have been made to look a complete tool (tho you do a very good job of that already) you are pretending that you were.

You're only lying to yourself! ;)

In fairness, he's lying to all of us. He's only kidding himself.

It's not impossible for us to be promoted, just very unlikely. We'll need at least 75 points or 73 minimum. There are 19 games left. We currently have 30 points. In order to get another 45 points we would need to win something like 14, draw three, lose two. Possible, but not likely. :102:

More Coke, less rum ozman

If we went up (which we wont, or next season for that matter) then we would do worse than Derby have done this year. FACT

Disagree with that. Im not saying we will go up this year, however, if we do go up playing the way IH wants us to we have a better chance of staying up than Derby. They went up winning 1-0, if you do that you always struggle as you don't have a plan B if the higher premiership opposition inevitably score. The best chance for a promoted team to stay up is to go up scoring goals, a la portsmouth, reading and wigan.

Disagree with that. Im not saying we will go up this year, however, if we do go up playing the way IH wants us to we have a better chance of staying up than Derby. They went up winning 1-0, if you do that you always struggle as you don't have a plan B if the higher premiership opposition inevitably score. The best chance for a promoted team to stay up is to go up scoring goals, a la portsmouth, reading and wigan.

So are you trying to say that currently, our team is better than Derby's promotion winning team of last year? :icon_conf

Portsmouth, Reading and Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership as their teams were built up over a number of years playing games week in, week out. This is what we should aim to do instead of going for the 'quick-fix'. It's not exactly worked wonders for Derby and Sunderland this season has it? :102:

So are you trying to say that currently, our team is better than Derby's promotion winning team of last year? :icon_conf

Portsmouth, Reading and Wigan have managed to stay in the Premiership as their teams were built up over a number of years playing games week in, week out. This is what we should aim to do instead of going for the 'quick-fix'. It's not exactly worked wonders for Derby and Sunderland this season has it? :102:

I have no idea, but quality means nothing if it is not played in the correct way. Derby were always in trouble because of the way they play, similar to WBA and the sunderland the first 2 times they went up. To have any chance you must be able to score goals. IH wants us to be able to do that, that much is clear, whether the team will have the quality or not will be difficult to tell till you get up there. The fact that we have signed players ditched by teams moving up into the prem would suggest not. But IMO we would still have more chance than a team of 1-0 merchants.

I have no idea, but quality means nothing if it is not played in the correct way. Derby were always in trouble because of the way they play, similar to WBA and the sunderland the first 2 times they went up. To have any chance you must be able to score goals. IH wants us to be able to do that, that much is clear, whether the team will have the quality or not will be difficult to tell till you get up there. The fact that we have signed players ditched by teams moving up into the prem would suggest not. But IMO we would still have more chance than a team of 1-0 merchants.

Based on the fact that we have only won 3 games out of 13 under IH, all wins by 2-0 but hardly 'a thrashing'?

Also, in those 13 games we have averaged a grand total of 1 goal a game.

You're right we are not one nil merchants, we just like to lose but score a goal in the game. ;)

Oh no, I just realised we won our last game so that should mean we all have our 'we are the best team in the world now' hats on.

Sorry for the negativity, I reckon we could stuff Man Utd no problem, especially once we get Lee Martin in.

Based on the fact that we have only won 3 games out of 13 under IH, all wins by 2-0 but hardly 'a thrashing'?

Also, in those 13 games we have averaged a grand total of 1 goal a game.

You're right we are not one nil merchants, we just like to lose but score a goal in the game. ;)

Quite clearly this post an the one following it suggests that you think i am a total BM who thinks we are riding the crest of a promotion wave after one win. You could not be further from the truth. I have no idea whether IH will be successful in his aims. What is clear though is that he wants to play with 2 holding midfielders, to proper wingers that will create chances and a balanced strike force that will score goals. IMO this is the type of team you need to stay up, if you go up. So i can only assume you are directing your posts at other people perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669