2018 World Cup Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye Bye England 2018

Last edited:
Leicester is not a ideal place to have it anyway,the parking is very poor,the train station is pushing 2 miles away.

Me too. It seems mean-spirited, but I actually think a World Cup hosted in cities like Bristol, Plymouth and Milton Keynes would harm the reputation of the English game. Bristol's a horrible place, Plymouth's the arse end of nowhere and MK isn't a real city.

This has to go down as the funniest joke since 'My dog has got no nose...'

It is a joke right?

If the England bid team have the balls to refer to 'England's football heritage' after including Milton Keynes they can **** right off. Sincerely hope they don't get it, but the Olympic tossers managed it.

I'm disappointed we weren't included, but not that bothered...

But I don't understand why Bristol and Plymouth were? (and MK as well actually)

I don't get it.... is it because they try and spread them around a bit, because otherwise the London ones were the only real southern ones?

If us, Derby and Hull had been included instead of those 3 mentioned, it would just be the London ones that weren't Midlands/North.

Plymouth is the most surprising one for me. Isn't Bristol meant to be one of those anti-football cities like Northampton? I personally quite like Milton Keynes even though it is a man made city, although I still can't see how it was picked.

Plymouth is the most surprising one for me.

For most people, I reckon.

Isn't Bristol meant to be one of those anti-football cities like Northampton?

Really? Last time I checked, Bristol had two Football League clubs.

I personally quite like Milton Keynes even though it is a man made city

Beg pardon?

although I still can't see how it was picked.

Asda? :102:

For most people, I reckon.

Really? Last time I checked, Bristol had two Football League clubs.

Beg pardon?

Asda? :102:

Milton Keynes - no natural attraction and no character, last time I went it was all roundabouts and giant building complexes.

Bristol having two football league clubs has nothing to do with it being an anti football city. Northampton is famous for having a council that is very anti-football, not allowing it's team to expand and such like. I'm sure I had read in the past that Bristol is very similar.

What a load of shite, we are far better than most of them cities, pisstake that a fake club will be representing out country, I hope Russia get it.

Just wondering, as Nottingham have been selected, does this mean that the council are more likely to give permission for the new stadium as it could potentially bring World Cup money to the City?

I can't see local business men/women investing in building a 30000+ stadium in Plymouth.
I should imagine their average crowd is 10000, so how is it viable to build a stadium there?

Just wondering, as Nottingham have been selected, does this mean that the council are more likely to give permission for the new stadium as it could potentially bring World Cup money to the City?
When Mahwhenny read out that Nottingham were selected he said "the new Nottingham Forest ground" and definetly not the City ground which surely means they have to build a new ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669