2018 World Cup Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
If chosen, how exactly would the ground expansion be funded anyway?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the council have pledged something like £19 million if we get the World Cup because they say it would bring in around £90 million in revenue for the city.

Not sure if that would go towards upgrading the stadium, or just generally making more improvements to the city/public transport etc.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the council have pledged something like £19 million if we get the World Cup because they say it would bring in around £90 million in revenue for the city.

Not sure if that would go towards upgrading the stadium, or just generally making more improvements to the city/public transport etc.

That money was to provide world cup 'villages' on Viccy Park and elsewhere, plus cash for transport etc.

Only one set of suckers who will pay for the stadium upgrade

Prepare yourself for a season ticket hike of tremendous proportions.......

Good job I don't have a season ticket any more then. :icon_bigg

Wait 'til you see the match ticket prices.......

I get cheap tickets! Get all your mates onto the clubs mailing list, then take advantage of the £10/£12 birthday match tickets every week....Sorted.

Full prices are for mugs. :icon_razz

I get cheap tickets! Get all your mates onto the clubs mailing list, then take advantage of the £10/£12 birthday match tickets every week....Sorted.

Might prove a problem for quite a few people on here

Because your prediction includes two Manchester stadia and a possible three in London. This will not happen if the FA don't want to balls their bid up before it gets off the ground.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that England are going to be allowed to flout the rule about no more than 1 stadium per city and no more than 2 in the capital. Not sure exactly why though!

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that England are going to be allowed to flout the rule about no more than 1 stadium per city and no more than 2 in the capital. Not sure exactly why though!

Might as well have them all in London then :icon_roll I wonder if Brentford's ground would be any good.

I know someone who got his 3 year old a free season ticket, next to his Dad. Then he just upgrades the kids season ticker on matchdays costing just £7 a match. Overal he saves a lot more than buying a season ticket.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8379471.stm

This says London have put in for four and several other cities have put in for 2 and that more than one city can have 2 stadiums.

Aren't local councils a big part of the bidding team? Imagine what would happen to any council that favoured Wednesday over United or Liverpool over Everton? Alienating half your voters isn't how politics works! I daresay where this is happening the decision of which half a city gets the nod is being passed higher along with the buck.

Still, Liverpool and Sheffield really ought to be in the Cup.

Anyone know what time we will find out?

Is it going to be broadcast on the net anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00