A Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I would as a rule give managers longer than 12 games and longer than a year to try and change things.

I always think a minimum of 2-3 years is realistic rather than chopping and changing.

Again sorry for getting people's backs up but its just a viewpoint.

I think its good you do :102:

Oh right so those thousands protesting that O'Neill should go were right!!

I'm sorry to say I just think Leicester fans as a rule are amongst the most impatient, unknowledgeable fans in the country and as much as I love the club, the fans (in general terms) do my head in every game.

Not that I am necessarily right, but thats what I think.

Could you let me have tomorrow's lottery numbers please Dunc?

Could you let me have tomorrow's lottery numbers please Dunc?

5,10,39,44,22 and 1

But, regardless of whether things were bad at the time, surely even the most hardened O'Neill critic at the time must admit they were wrong to demand his sacking after 12 games?!

Its all very well saying it was understandable at the time, but I honestly don't think it was at the time or now.

Last edited:
but its a fact, you pay big money you expect big things in return, only an idiot wouldn't

So surely the fact City have cut their wage bill for the last few years should mean the fans start to give players a chance? :102:

So surely the fact City have cut their wage bill for the last few years should mean the fans start to give players a chance? :102:

I think they are arguing that they have given these players a chance for too long.

And RK has had long enough to sort it out as well.

Clearly everyone has to have a £1 on them now! :)

You've got the next 2-3 years to keep trying with these numbers, hopefully you'll win something Ox. :icon_wink

don't you just hate it when you post something without reading the rest of the thread first? :icon_redf :icon_lol:

I may be wrong but wasn't it Rob Kelly that said "judge me after 15 games", if so I've judged him

At the same time I'd like to see RK given some money from MM to see what he can do before being booted, but I understand I am in a minority with that one.

Nice sentiment - but far too risky.

MM isn't going to dispense vast sums and I don't think that there is sufficient confidence in RK for him to make the calls re new players.

Also...I think that there is a major credibility factor re RK which would make it difficult for the club to attract better players. Let's face it under RK - bad players don't improve and half-decent players seem to deteriorate.

Sorry to be so negative but I think RK is.....no good.

Nice sentiment - but far too risky.

MM isn't going to dispense vast sums and I don't think that there is sufficient confidence in RK for him to make the calls re new players.

Also...I think that there is a major credibility factor re RK which would make it difficult for the club to attract better players. Let's face it under RK - bad players don't improve and half-decent players seem to deteriorate.

Sorry to be so negative but I think RK is.....no good.

Unfortunate but looks like it is true. He will be remembered for arresting our slide last year, just could not take us any further than that.

We are now at the most critical stage in LCFC's history. Get this wrong and there could be no more football club. We are still (wrongly) pariahs after the first Administration, I am sure that the authorities will not tolerate a second...

I think RK should be given a further season, and with a bit of strengthening would could and should develop a team capable of going and then subsequently staying up!! I think out the current crop of players 2-3 of them will make the grade the law of averages says so.

I dont think with MM money that we will achieve to much this season but next season we will see, that is when RK will have to stand up and counted I feel has done ok at the moment!

I think RK should be given a further season, and with a bit of strengthening would could and should develop a team capable of going and then subsequently staying up!! I think out the current crop of players 2-3 of them will make the grade the law of averages says so.

I dont think with MM money that we will achieve to much this season but next season we will see, that is when RK will have to stand up and counted I feel has done ok at the moment!

The team are playing like drains and appear to have no passion or self belief though. They go on a run of 4 games where they have a few squeaky wins, then they play like they did at Southampton, when they should have had a bit of confidence, and repeat the same performance at home vs Sunderland. This will to win comes from firstly the players' own self belief and that given to them by the manager. It would appear that he cannot keep them 'Up for It'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669