A Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the younger players that have left the club in the past 5 years gone on to better things at other clubs? Maybe they just weren't very good and our Scouting system just isn't up to scratch.:102:I do think sometimes our hopes for our younger players are bit OTT

Last edited:
its not the scouting thats the problem its the lack of funds as the saying gose you get what you pay for :icon_wink

But it hasn't always been the case,who was the last player who came through our Youth ranks that has gone on to make a name for himself ? Heskey ?

'Ah' the old it is all the fan's fault argument again.

I understand the sentiments but bearing in mind the shocking under achievement of the last 3 seasons in the championship and given that included 2 seasons with decent financial resources at the disposal of the manager due to parachute payments, and given that the last 2 years has been with a side packed with younger and more ambitious players, when you take into account the average attendences then the support has been pretty impressive given some of the absolute dross that has been served up.

Rather than castigate the fans, who pay hard earned money in supporting the team home and away, for venting their frustrations at some pretty inept and at times gutless displays, why not question the attitude and commitment levels of the Management and players, who all recieve fantastic rewards in terms of remuneration and lifestyle, and yet seem above criticism or explanation in the eyes of some.

Difficult to argue against I would have thought. ;)

What a strange thread

The club (and fans) would have stuck with Little, McGhee and O'Neill foir as long as was wanted

But they all fecked off, so they didn't have the chance

So is the argument that we should have stuck by Peter Taylor, and the great squad that had been assembled beneath him ?

Or was Dave Bassett the man we should have planted our flag besides ?

Or Micky Adams who brough in a load of old timers, had us playing awful long ball shite hoof-football, and then went a bit doollally and ended up resigning (History about to be repeated completely down the other end of the M69) ?

Or Craig Levein, who would (undoubtedly in my mind) have relegated this club to the lowest league point in its entire history ?

Or is it now about Rob Kelly - a youth team coach appointed into a post that he said he didn't want merely because the Board made a complete cods of the recruitment exercise, and is now demonstrating his complete lack of expereince or talent (encapsulated perfectly by last Saturday's team selection) ?

Yes it is all the fans fault - for continuing to pay their money week in, week out to go and watch the dreadful, dreary parody of football being carried out by a squad who appear unable to demonstrate passion, commitment or actual ability coached by someone who appears to have little tactical nouse whatsoever - and then having the absolute audacity to complain about it

How very dare they ?

My argument isn't that its all the fans fault but it is a contributing factor for the reasons listed previously.

I for one wouldn't think that if I was a young player that Leicester fans are particularly great at supporting and nuturing youth, as our record in this area shows over the years.

Dunc, this common right across football in general, fans will not accept poor performances or results. Regardless of circumstances or the season in as a whole fans tend to react to each individual performance or result.

Too be fair I think the younger players have been well supported in the main, when they have recieved criticism it has been mainly due to their off field behaviour or questionable attitudes.

What a strange thread

The club (and fans) would have stuck with Little, McGhee and O'Neill foir as long as was wanted

But they all fecked off, so they didn't have the chance

So is the argument that we should have stuck by Peter Taylor, and the great squad that had been assembled beneath him ?

Or was Dave Bassett the man we should have planted our flag besides ?

Or Micky Adams who brough in a load of old timers, had us playing awful long ball shite hoof-football, and then went a bit doollally and ended up resigning (History about to be repeated completely down the other end of the M69) ?

Or Craig Levein, who would (undoubtedly in my mind) have relegated this club to the lowest league point in its entire history ?

Or is it now about Rob Kelly - a youth team coach appointed into a post that he said he didn't want merely because the Board made a complete cods of the recruitment exercise, and is now demonstrating his complete lack of expereince or talent (encapsulated perfectly by last Saturday's team selection) ?

Yes it is all the fans fault - for continuing to pay their money week in, week out to go and watch the dreadful, dreary parody of football being carried out by a squad who appear unable to demonstrate passion, commitment or actual ability coached by someone who appears to have little tactical nouse whatsoever - and then having the absolute audacity to complain about it

How very dare they ?

:038: Great Post Homer

I think the majority of fans would put up with us being poor just as long as the team showed a bit of fight and a bit of passion.None or very few seem proud to wear the shirt nowadays and the Manager was given the job rather than wanting it

'Ah' the old it is all the fan's fault argument again.

I understand the sentiments but bearing in mind the shocking under achievement of the last 3 seasons in the championship and given that included 2 seasons with decent financial resources at the disposal of the manager due to parachute payments, and given that the last 2 years has been with a side packed with younger and more ambitious players, when you take into account the average attendences then the support has been pretty impressive given some of the absolute dross that has been served up.

Rather than castigate the fans, who pay hard earned money in supporting the team home and away, for venting their frustrations at some pretty inept and at times gutless displays, why not question the attitude and commitment levels of the Management and players, who all recieve fantastic rewards in terms of remuneration and lifestyle, and yet seem above criticism or explanation in the eyes of some.

That was not really the point I was getting at either PFKAKTAF. I agree that it has been dross, but perhaps it has been a reason that the board has used to get rid? We are the paying public, and we should be entertained come saturday afternoon. Certainly not our fault for the team shortcomings though.

Perhaps the Manager, Players and Board might respond to this sort of encouragement. ;) From the BBC.

Palermo's sporting director Rino Foschi received an unwelcome festive present after his team fell 13 points behind leaders Inter Milan - inside a nicely wrapped parcel was a bloody goat's head. (Daily Express)

WTF?

We have had to listen to shit recently but this is stooopid. Homer, Paxman, bang on as usual/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669