A Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the Manager, Players and Board might respond to this sort of encouragement. ;) From the BBC.

I know where there's a goat, anybody got a machete & a box we could use?

'Ah' the old it is all the fan's fault argument again.

I understand the sentiments but bearing in mind the shocking under achievement of the last 3 seasons in the championship and given that included 2 seasons with decent financial resources at the disposal of the manager due to parachute payments, and given that the last 2 years has been with a side packed with younger and more ambitious players, when you take into account the average attendences then the support has been pretty impressive given some of the absolute dross that has been served up.

Rather than castigate the fans, who pay hard earned money in supporting the team home and away, for venting their frustrations at some pretty inept and at times gutless displays, why not question the attitude and commitment levels of the Management and players, who all recieve fantastic rewards in terms of remuneration and lifestyle, and yet seem above criticism or explanation in the eyes of some.

A materpiece of a post..........:038: :038: :038:

What a strange thread

The club (and fans) would have stuck with Little, McGhee and O'Neill foir as long as was wanted

But they all fecked off, so they didn't have the chance

Or is it now about Rob Kelly - a youth team coach appointed into a post that he said he didn't want merely because the Board made a complete cods of the recruitment exercise, and is now demonstrating his complete lack of expereince or talent (encapsulated perfectly by last Saturday's team selection) ?

Yes it is all the fans fault - for continuing to pay their money week in, week out to go and watch the dreadful, dreary parody of football being carried out by a squad who appear unable to demonstrate passion, commitment or actual ability coached by someone who appears to have little tactical nouse whatsoever - and then having the absolute audacity to complain about it

How very dare they ?

Yeah cause if the fans had their way O'Neill would have gone after 12 games.

I remember the knowledgeable fans demonstrating their support and patience then.

I remember the knowledgeable fans demonstrating their support and patience then.

With hindsight it's very easy saying that but before criticising the fans you have to put that protest into context.

The attractive football played under McGee had completely disappeared, the Sheff Utd match it was just a lump it up the field at any opportunity type game, we were in a bad losing streak and the players O'Neil had brought in nobody had heard of. Brewing in the background there was a lot of bitterness that the board couldn't persuade McGee to stay, as seemingly with him gone our chances of automatic promotion had gone too.

Last edited:
With hindsight it's very easy saying that but before criticising the fans you have to put that protest into context.

The attractive football played under McGee had completely disappeared, the Sheff Utd match it was just a lump it up the field at any opportunity type game, we were in a bad losing streak and the players O'Neil had brought in nobody had heard of. Brewing in the background there was a lot of bitterness that the board couldn't persuade McGee to stay, as seemingly with him gone our chances of automatic promotion had gone too.

Also MON used the behaviour demonstrated by what was a minority to his advantage and was able to ram the matter down people's throats whenever he needed to.

We are now in a completely different situation with a manager who was not that keen and who appears completely out of his depth. He is only there for the wrong reasons - i.e. it didn't cost and hopefully it will be the primary issue for MM to sort.

Oh right so those thousands protesting that O'Neill should go were right!!

I'm sorry to say I just think Leicester fans as a rule are amongst the most impatient, unknowledgeable fans in the country and as much as I love the club, the fans (in general terms) do my head in every game.

Not that I am necessarily right, but thats what I think.

Oh right so those thousands protesting that O'Neill should go were right!!

I'm sorry to say I just think Leicester fans as a rule are amongst the most impatient, unknowledgeable fans in the country and as much as I love the club, the fans (in general terms) do my head in every game.

Not that I am necessarily right, but thats what I think.

what a fecking pathetic post............

Where as Dunc sat there blissful in the knowledge that he knew O'Neill would later lead us onto our most successful era including European football - Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Come on Dunc, be realistic FFS, fans can only comment about the present, none of us truly know what Kelly is capable of achieving as manager of Leicester in the future, but that does not prevent people venting their frustration and even anger at what is presently unattractive and tactically inept football.

Last edited:
Also MON used the behaviour demonstrated by what was a minority to his advantage and was able to ram the matter down people's throats whenever he needed to.

We are now in a completely different situation with a manager who was not that keen and who appears completely out of his depth. He is only there for the wrong reasons - i.e. it didn't cost and hopefully it will be the primary issue for MM to sort.

And I for one don't blame MON at all!! I'd do the same!!

I agree that RK isn't making waves but at the same time if MM doesn't come in then I don't see any viable alternatives and given time (which we all agree football fans don't have) then RK might develop into a success.

At the same time I'd like to see RK given some money from MM to see what he can do before being booted, but I understand I am in a minority with that one.

When I was visited by the Christmas Future ghost recently, Peter Twatler had taken LCFC to a hat trick of Champions League wins and we were also going to Japan for the world club championships, and we sacked the fecker before it all came true

And I for one don't blame MON at all!! I'd do the same!!

I agree that RK isn't making waves but at the same time if MM doesn't come in then I don't see any viable alternatives and given time (which we all agree football fans don't have) then RK might develop into a success.

At the same time I'd like to see RK given some money from MM to see what he can do before being booted, but I understand I am in a minority with that one.

would you trust him with your money though Dunc?

Where as Dunc sat there blissful in the knowledge that he knew O'Neill would later lead us onto our most successful era including European football - Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Come on Dunc, be realistic FFS, fans can only comment about the present, none of us truly know what Kelly is capable of achieving as manager of Leicester in the future, but that does not prevent people venting their frustration and even anger at what is presently unattractive and tactically inept football.

Agreed, but I would as a rule give managers longer than 12 games and longer than a year to try and change things.

I always think a minimum of 2-3 years is realistic rather than chopping and changing.

Again sorry for getting people's backs up but its just a viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669