Speculation Abe leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely, but also think Cotterill has potential. Fans are not excited by players with potential, in general, preferring those whose names they know.

Swansea are not an ultra rich club. Brendan Rodgers is a shrewd judge of a player. I would have expected a fee to be required, if the club had any feeling that Cotterill would perform at a reasonable level.

Swansea are not an ultra rich club. Brendan Rodgers is a shrewd judge of a player. I would have expected a fee to be required, if the club had any feeling that Cotterill would perform at a reasonable level.

He may have been on high wages and the only way we want to afford him if with no transfer fee. If he was out of contract at the end of the season there is every possibility that his wages off the books equate to about the same as the minimal transfer fee would have been. This may be crap, but we don't know the ins and outs and to judge a player just because he has been released seems a bit short sighted.

He may have been on high wages and the only way we want to afford him if with no transfer fee. If he was out of contract at the end of the season there is every possibility that his wages off the books equate to about the same as the minimal transfer fee would have been. This may be crap, but we don't know the ins and outs and to judge a player just because he has been released seems a bit short sighted.

My knowledge of players; not part of the City team, or top Premier League, could be written upon the obverse of a postage stamp without affecting its primary function. ALL the players to whom we have been linked could turn out to be World-beaters; I am simply sceptical.

My knowledge of players; not part of the City team, or top Premier League, could be written upon the obverse of a postage stamp without affecting its primary function. ALL the players to whom we have been linked could turn out to be World-beaters; I am simply sceptical.

I hadn't noticed :)

Bye bye, Average player at best & possibly the worst debut I have ever witnessed.

Useful squad player - but if this is agood opportunity for him back in Japan, its right to let him go.

On a wider issues, its remarkable that at the beginning of the season we were led to believe that we had loads of cover more or less throughout. A few injuries and departures later plus the African Nations tournament and we're struggling to identify a full squad for fixtures.

So we have lost someone who:

Is a good passer.
Has a good engine.

but

Is physically dominated in the championship.
Has no creative edge.
Will not compete for 50/50 balls.

In my eyes Yuki was a pretty player to watch but overall he was not effective in the hustle and bustle of the championship. I would predict that he was also a high earner, so I think this is a good thing.

Nevertheless, thanks Yuki! Sayonara

vs boro away this year, he was our best player. was part of a good unit last year with wellens and king. when he came though, he was touted as a set piece expert, but i don't remember him taking a single one for us :icon_conf

can understand him leaving, as we have lots of cms and pearson obv feels we are short of options elsewhere and is looking to rebalance the squad. still feel he had a part to play for us, so am a bit disappointed. maybe he wanted to go though.

StringerSport Ian Stringer

Find Yuki Abe scenario weird? Sousa said owners bought him+splashed over Bangkok airport+KP. Reported in Japan move halves wages to £20k wk

He was on £40k a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670