African Nations - Togo bus shot at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news......Police say that DJ Campbell has been arrested in connection with the Togo shooting incident.
Suspicions were aroused when they counted 500 shots but only found 3 on target.

Last edited:
Breaking news......Police say that DJ Campbell has been arrested in connection with the Togo shooting incident.
Suspicions were aroused when they counted 500 shots but only found 3 on target.

Good joke.........only four days old :icon_razz

Not sure what the hell has been going on, only caught half the story, but Togo have been banned from the next two African Nations Cups because of pulling out of this years tournament? Is this a sick joke?!

Not sure what the hell has been going on, only caught half the story, but Togo have been banned from the next two African Nations Cups because of pulling out of this years tournament? Is this a sick joke?!

The whole competition has become a joke with very small crowds and Europe-based players being ordered by their clubs that they must not risk any injury.

The whole competition has become a joke with very small crowds and Europe-based players being ordered by their clubs that they must not risk any injury.

Seems strange they continue with it in its current format. I understand it is popularising the sport in Africa, where most domestic leagues are overlooked by local populations in favour of televised European competitions.

Once a year is perhaps too often IMO.

Banned due to political interference, basically because the government told them to come go home. I understand why they have the rule but changes need to be made.

Seems strange they continue with it in its current format. I understand it is popularising the sport in Africa, where most domestic leagues are overlooked by local populations in favour of televised European competitions.

Once a year is perhaps too often IMO.

It's only held every second year, but even that is probably too often.

The decision to ban Togo is ludicrous, of course.

It's only held every second year, but even that is probably too often.

The decision to ban Togo is ludicrous, of course.

Yeah just realised my mistake. A friend of mine went to the last one in Ghana thought it was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669