Allen Gone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i thought MA had been sacked because of footballing reasons than fine. I don't have a problem with that. But i just don't think thats the case. Its MMs way or the highway - and want self respecting manager is going to work under those conditions.

I read your stuff with some appreciation...until you mention RL.

John Barber is a seriously poor football commentator who fronts a match presentation that is an embarrassment. Of course, those who can't get to a game are grateful to have coverage.....but what sort of quality are we talking about?

Tonight another RL luminary conducted an absurd phone in...where he was literally leading callers into repeating his own assertions in the form of rhetorical questions. Do you know if the BBC has any quality standard processes to evaluate the quality of this sort of phone in?

Finally, the irony is that in a couple of weeks time....the same station's sports reporters will back to the usual psychophancy towards the club - once the immediate opportunity to drum up a few more listeners over the sacking has drifted away.

Thanks Redditch for thinking my post was ok on the whole. I take your point about RL - I agree with what you say about RL and in hindsight I shouldn't have quoted them to validate any of my points at all, Barber is consistently poor. His interview a month ago with Steve Walsh was a shambolic waste of time entirely due to his lack of interviewing skills. However on this dismissal in a rare moments of clarity he said Allen's dismissal was "not down to footballing reasons - it can't be" I thought he hit the nail on the head i.e it wasn't due to results this early on in the season. So the conclusion is, as per my post and many others, that it was down to either MM wishing to dictate and interfere in how the club is managed and especially which players are signed and which are selected, OR that it was Allen's quirky and idiosyncratic behaviour that was giving very serious cause for concern behind the scenes that we don't know about yet. Having had a chance to get over the shock a little and a nights sleep, I'm prepared to contemplate as you say that this may indeed have been a very courageous decision by MM if Allen had decended into really being a 'mad dog' not only as a jokey label but in actuality. But if it is over MA forcefully saying 'no' to Fowler and JFH & then a clash of personality and strong wills I'd remain opposed to this decision. But I repeat, if he had proved to be 'crazy' and done outrageous things behind the scenes that was losing the confidence of the dressing room (& that should mean most the players, not just one or two loudmouts) then I'd concede that infact this was the right thing to do however traumatic. I'm open minded, but MM had better have damned good reasons other than a clash personalities.

Last edited:
Talking to some fans who are planning a demonstration at plymouth game.

Last edited:
Yeh they said they are printing out around 1,000 posters for get Allen back.

I didn't think we were taking that many

Never ceases to amaze me how many complete tossers are out there

I'm going to Plymouth, does that make me a tosser?;) Or have I just misread your post?;)

No, there are other far more obvious reasons.......:icon_wink

I was referring to the poster thing, not those going to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611