Almost guilty for thinking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to be obsessing about the play-offs. We got to the play-offs last season and a lot of good it did us at the start of this season. The play-offs matter if you are promoted through them and the odds are against that for any one of the four teams involved.

Dave Jones who always seems to talk sense was asked about Leicester being the form team and pointed out that at the top "they are all form teams." It will need a bad loss of form for any of the top five teams not to make the play-offs. It seems to me that realistically there is one place up for grabs and Leeds have to be the favourites for that. Even if a team from outside the present top six overtake Leeds Burnley seem to me to be in a stronger position than us.

If we do reach the play-offs and then beat two other good teams that will be wonderful but unlikely.

It may seem that I am pessimistic. I am thoroughly optimistic and believe that the future looks bright whether or not we reach the playoffs.

We have a manager who clearly quite superb - and he has hardly started. This season saw a brilliant piece of crisis management that developed into the team getting wonderful results with superb football.

Give Sven a close-season rather than a crisis and who will he bring in. Perhaps as important who will he be able to get rid off. It is clear from comments he has made that Sven feels we need a bit more steel in midfield I would expect him to have solved that problem by next August.

Now we have got owners who are clearly far richer than Milan (and hopefully w*s*r) and a really remarkable manager with money to spend I really would hope for automatic promotion next year.

Since Sven came I have really enjoyed our football and I expect to enjoy it even more next season.

Bit like calling your lot Notts. Semantics innit.

Doesn't bother me. Forest are Notts Forest ( being in the county ) and Notts County should be Nottingham County ( being in the city ).

Lesson over.

:102: Where does Sousa fit into that?

The point I was making was that having failed in the play-offs did not give us any advantage (or disadvantage) at the start of the season. I am not one of those who believe our poor start was a hang-over from the Cardiff game.

I can only give a personal guess in answer to your question. IMO we would have achieved better results in the early games if Pearson had stayed and better still if Sven had been appointed in the close season. In other words our dreadful start was due to Sousa's dreadful management.

Forest are wobbling, we need to get back on it, one point from three is disappointing...

In other words our dreadful start was due to Sousa's dreadful management.

And I think that will be his legacy.

Our recent loss of form (including the very lucky win against Bristol) has given the teams around us the chance to make up ground. Leeds are still flying high, Hull are making a good run for it and Burnley are in a prime position with two games in hand. I think that they will be the three teams competing for the 6th spot.

A return to our January form will make the run in interesting but I suspect that our recent poor points tally will make it difficult to make up the difference.

This thread should have been locked the moment it was created. Getting ahead of ourselves as usual.

3 points on Tuesday, nothing less will do.

You can't possibly lock this thread. Otherwise we'll end up banging on about where we should plug Tommy Wright. Obviously into Joey (I'm sure some upstanding TBer will correct if I have got that wrong)

This thread should have been locked the moment it was created. Getting ahead of ourselves as usual.

3 points on Tuesday, nothing less will do.

Lock this thread and another 5 will appear in its place, spouting even more crap :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669