Almost guilty for thinking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try looking forward rather than back. Since Christmas we have played Leeds, Norwich, Watford, Swansea, Burnley and Florist.

After we play you tomorrow, we don't face another top 8 team for 2 months.

Can you say the same?

No but I prefer having the ability to take points from teams above us, we are more likely to get up the table that way.

Try looking forward rather than back. Since Christmas we have played Leeds, Norwich, Watford, Swansea, Burnley and Florist.

Can you say the same?

why are you afraid of playing top 8 teams?

we WANT to play top 8 teams to take the points off them

;)

We've got to the stage whereby if we play well, we win. This is regardless of whether we're playing the likes of QPR or Preston, home or away.

If we're not on our game, the opposition obviously have a chance.

I think the poor performance against Bristol will mean we'll be on our game against Cardiff and Cov. I wouldn't settle for less than 6 points right now to be honest.

Cardiff have drawn two of their last three at home. The only win a 1-0 over Scunny. Hardly thrilling form. In addition I can easily see them dropping points against Hull, Ipswich and Palace after playing us.

We should be going there thinking about coming away with 3 points and nothing less.

I'm confused now. When we beat you tomorrow, do you go down to 50 or 49 points? :icon_wink

your lot couldn't win an arse kicking competition against a one legged man

our solid victory will see you slump into the play offs and muck it up again..

prompting administration, player desertion and a sinking in to the oblivion you deserve

:)

not really...the draw will do me

Can you say the same?

I am not known for my optimism. However, I really think that our main and only significant problem is overcoming the maths of our shocking start to the season - masterminded by probably the most misguided manager in all the many years I have followed the club.

Remarkably, Sven backed by our Thai investors has put together what is probably the strongest squad in the division - including your's. The results since Sven took over and the build up of momentum seem to confirm that. That doesn't mean that we are bound to beat you tomorrow evening but it does mean that we need fear no one in the top 8 or anyone else and as has been pointed out matches against the top sides represent our best potential route to finishing as high as possible.

At the moment its more likely you are going to stay in the middle lane and finish in the play off zone.......along with us.

My heart tells me we can still get automatic.

My head however says that barring a cataclysmic loss of form, QPR are up and the trees may well be if they win their game in hand.

I'm not really bothered whether we finish 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th as none of the teams that could reach the play-offs hold any fear for us.

The old cliche of taking it one game at a time is very true for our current situation (much as I like the swagger in which we are dealing with our 'friends' from Florist and Cardidn't)

I think the poor performance against Bristol will mean we'll be on our game against Cardiff and Cov. I wouldn't settle for less than 6 points right now to be honest..

I would. :006: Offer me 4 points and I'll bite your hand off.

My heart tells me we can still get automatic.

My head however says that barring a cataclysmic loss of form, QPR are up and the trees may well be if they win their game in hand.

I'm not really bothered whether we finish 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th as none of the teams that could reach the play-offs hold any fear for us.

I think that could be spot on. Unfortunately the season started in August rather than October - otherwise we would be right up there with QPR. We may not like it but the trees are seriously well placed to go up with QPR. We are likely to have to do it the hard way.

I think that could be spot on. Unfortunately the season started in August rather than October - otherw*s* we would be right up there with QPR. We may not like it but the trees are seriously well placed to go up with QPR. We are likely to have to do it the hard way.

I agree Redditch. There is hope as long as we keep winning. I think we need to win as many as 11 or 12 of our final 14 matches - which is a very tall order, but not impossible.

According to a well know betting site we're likely to be in the play-off mix, but we're trailing Portsmouth who are joint third favourites for outright promotion.

WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670