Speculation And manager for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And which mysteriously became unbeatable immediately after his departure.
Because we reverted to a style that suited our players - pressing higher up the pitch. Moving the ball more quickly. Playing with more tempo.

Because we reverted to a style that suited our players - pressing higher up the pitch. Moving the ball more quickly. Playing with more tempo.

Until we played anyone in the top half, then we crawled back to the system we were using under Ranners and played like minnows waiting to be beat.

We need to appoint a manager sharpish IMO if it is Shakey (and I feel it should be) it needs to be announced ASAP, the new man needs time to recruit and pre season is a month away or so

Not Shakey for me.

I think we'll lose a few players from this squad, and Shakey did well because he went back to how they wanted to play.

We need new players and someone with more tactical nous.

Mancini is the one for me and I think the one the owners have wanted since Ranieri left. My guess is he didn't want to take on someone else's relegation scrap, but the rumours were he was keen to come back to the Prem so think he might've told them "stay up, then give me a call".

I honestly believe that we had that in Ranieri but that factions in the club (BofB or whoever) wished to maintain the status quo for whatever purpose. The fact that Shakespeare succumbed to that desire suggests to me, notwithstanding our Premier League survival, that he is not the man to take us on; it will be just more of the same. We should root out the reactionary forces not pander to them.

I agree with the bit about us needing a strong leader that can root out and crush the rotten eggs. We need someone in charge that will eat, drink and sleep the club and positively drive it forwards.

However, I don't agree that Ranieri was the right man for this. He simply isn't that sort of character or had the level of application to the role that would be required in order to achieve it. He didn't make the changes in backroom personnel despite admitting to problems with key people. He disappeared back to Italy at every opportunity rather than using the time to influence and change.

As soon as things started to go wrong last season, he floundered and back-tracked. This was especially apparent after the Southampton game where he took full responsibility for his players shamefully and obviously not trying. If he's been the right man for the job, then he'd have called them out there and then. He has a shoddy history in management of failing to arrest a slide.

We need a scary fecker in charge now. Certainly not a chummy chap like Shakespeare/Ranieri. Someone that Vardy wouldn't dare answer back for example.

I agree with the bit about us needing a strong leader that can root out and crush the rotten eggs. We need someone in charge that will eat, drink and sleep the club and positively drive it forwards.

However, I don't agree that Ranieri was the right man for this. He simply isn't that sort of character or had the level of application to the role that would be required in order to achieve it. He didn't make the changes in backroom personnel despite admitting to problems with key people. He disappeared back to Italy at every opportunity rather than using the time to influence and change.

As soon as things started to go wrong last season, he floundered and back-tracked. This was especially apparent after the Southampton game where he took full responsibility for his players shamefully and obviously not trying. If he's been the right man for the job, then he'd have called them out there and then. He has a shoddy history in management of failing to arrest a slide.

We need a scary fecker in charge now. Certainly not a chummy chap like Shakespeare/Ranieri.

I can go with that. Although I do wonder if Ranieri got the support that every manager needs. But yes, he should have made a rumpus about it if he didn't.

We need a scary fecker in charge now. Certainly not a chummy chap like Shakespeare/Ranieri. Someone that Vardy wouldn't dare answer back for example.
This is perfect.

The opposite actually. By all accounts, Pearson was a pussy cat with the players and actually created the 'player power' ethos. It was the rest of the world he came across as hard to.

We need someone like O'Neill who scared the living daylights out of big personalities and ego's and had them all desperate to please him.

Was all for Shakey getting the job, but the longer this drags on the more doubts I have as to whether he is the right man for the job long time. For me this little cycle has come to an end and therefore we need a strong manager with strong fresh ideas to build the next chapter of our great club. For me we need somebody like a Jock Wallace or Brian Little type who will come in with a blue print and move on the deadwood and take the club forward. Who that man is I don't know but I do doubt it is Shakespeare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566