Are stalled contract talks now starting to affect performances on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody footballers...trying to maximise their profitability in a career span that lasts maaaybe ten years.

Kill em all, I say.

More like 20 years and no one forced them to choose the career they have.

Agree on the second paragraph though.

Bloody footballers...trying to maximise their profitability in a career span that lasts maaaybe ten years.

Kill em all, I say.
Yeah. ****ers. What right do they have to be concerned about how their bills will get paid or who will feed their kids after the club dumps them? Shocking carry on it is. In fact, you know what, **** it. Players shouldn't have personal lives at all. They should be on fourpence a week like everyone down the factories and they should get the bus to training every day. And the darkies should play for free. Send 'em all back etc.

Last edited:
More like 20 years and no one forced them to choose the career they have.

Agree on the second paragraph though.

Perhaps they chose their career to make money?

20 years? Hahaha.

For every Dave Nugent there is a Dean Ashton or a Stefan Moore.

Last edited:

That's a separate argument and in no way absolves them of giving less than 100%

Players are often accused of playing better when they're coming towards the end of their contract, in an attempt to earn a new one or attract interest from other clubs.

So I expect our players in that situation to up their games for the rest of the season.

Unless those in question feel entitled to one, which I expect they do.

Kill em all, I say.

Tosh,

Remember we are talking about players who have a contract that they are obliged to fulfil, regardless of whether they want a new one.

A contract in it's last 6 months is as relevant as the contract was in it's first 6 months.

Yeah. ****ers. What right do they have to be concerned about how their bills will get paid or who will feed their kids after the club dumps them? Shocking carry on it is. In fact, you know what, **** it. Players shouldn't have personal lives at all. They should be on fourpence a week like everyone down the factories and they should get the bus to training every day. And the darkies should play for free. Send 'em all back etc.

Do you seriously think Wes Morgan is worried about the bills? He would walk into almost any Championship side and make a tidy signing on fee in the process without having to lift a finger.

If the considerable worry of having his agent find him a new 'bigger' contract is going to stop him giving 100% then drop the weak minded fecker.

Perhaps they chose their career to make money?

20 years? Hahaha.

Again, not really a concern of our Wes and company.

That's a separate argument and in no way absolves them of giving less than 100%

Spot on Spion

Dave Nugent? He's still only 28 you know...
Remember we are talking about players who have a contract that they are obliged to fulfil, regardless of whether they want a new one.

A contract in it's last 6 months is as relevant as the contract was in it's first 6 months.
This I agree with.
Do you seriously think Wes Morgan is worried about the bills?
Yes. Remember, he doesn't live in a two-bed terraced house and drive a Vauxhall Astra.
He would walk into almost any Championship side and make a tidy signing on fee in the process without having to lift a finger.
Undoubtedly true, but until any contract is signed nothing is definite.
If the considerable worry of having his agent find him a new 'bigger' contract is going to stop him giving 100% then drop the weak minded fecker.
This I also agree with.
Again, not really a concern of our Wes and company.
It should be. Wes is getting to the age where his next contract could be his last really good one.

Agreed BM,

If I was him I would actually be looking to move back to Forest and get that last big contract with the added bonus of a loyalty payment from us and a nice signing on fee from them.

Maybe the above hints at the real reason for the less than 100% application?

Have we seen any actual evidence of this lack of application?

Yes, have you seen big Wes or his pals in the last 2 games.

Application and eagerness would best be described as 'missing'

This I agree with.

What!!!! All of it?? Even the apostrophes?

Do you seriously think Wes Morgan is worried about the bills?
Yes. Remember, he doesn't live in a two-bed terraced house and drive a Vauxhall Astra.

Apologists will jump in to remind you of the short careers that the poor darlings have when what they really should be doing is telling it to the idiots who live up to their income and don't put any away for the future. The players that we are talking about earn more, many of them much more, in their short footballing careers than the rest of us do in a life time. If they accepted the realities of this and tempered their lifestyle to the level of their average lifetime earnings they would still have a standard of living that most of us can not even dream of. And if they're really broke they could always get another job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570