Are stalled contract talks now starting to affect performances on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not until they start moaning that the new French guy has 3+ years contract and they only have 6 months.

Sky Sports

We are hearing that Leicester City have taken up their option on Wes Morgan's contract by extending his deal at the King Power for a further year. It means Morgan, who was out due to be out of contract at the end of the season, is under contract until 2015 at the Sky Bet Championship leaders.

Sky Sports

We are hearing that Leicester City have taken up their option on Wes Morgan's contract by extending his deal at the King Power for a further year. It means Morgan, who was out due to be out of contract at the end of the season, is under contract until 2015 at the Sky Bet Championship leaders.
:038:

From LCFC.com. "Leicester City can confirm that an option has been activated in the contract of captain Wes Morgan, extending his current deal with the Club to June 2015. The Club has also opened discussions with the player’s representatives to extend his stay beyond this date. Negotiations on a new contract are on-going".

Now then Wesley, by rights we ought to be seeing a sharp upturn in your performance levels as a result of this. You can feed your kids again and all that, time to get your mind on the job.

Good move, at 29 he still has a good few years in him and he is a key player. Hopefully with this we can get some new deals with some other players who are coming towards the end of their current contracts.

From LCFC.com. "Leicester City can confirm that an option has been activated in the contract of captain Wes Morgan, extending his current deal with the Club to June 2015. The Club has also opened discussions with the player’s representatives to extend his stay beyond this date. Negotiations on a new contract are on-going".

Now then Wesley, by rights we ought to be seeing a sharp upturn in your performance levels as a result of this. You can feed your kids again and all that, time to get your mind on the job.

The club were wheeling out Wes because of this clause. His comments were rent a quote.

could it not be argued wes hasn't been as key a layer this year as we are dominating games more this season and not as reliant on the defence to win games as in the past. in any event he is still a key player for us !

could it not be argued wes hasn't been as key a layer this year as we are dominating games more this season and not as reliant on the defence to win games as in the past. in any event he is still a key player for us !

The first year Morgan was with us, he was outstanding. A terrific player that really led the side by example. Over the last twelve months, I think he's lived off that year a bit and sometimes he's the weak link at the back. There aren't many decent strikers in the Championship but when he comes up against one, he doesn't dominate like he did in that first year any more.

If, as he stated, the contract situation was key for him. I hope he can recapture that early form again now.

If, as he stated, the contract situation was key for him. I hope he can recapture that early form again now.

You are reading far much into Wes' quotes. Wes always knew the extension was there, he signed a contract with it on and normal practice says him or the club could take it out. That's what I can tell from the local press and therefore as captain of the club, he had to play negotiator for the rest of the players. I suspect with the willing of people at the club judging from the way week after week, he was wheeled out for pre match briefings and constantly asked by all the media about the contract situation. The topic of contracts was always going to picked on by the press, so no surprise the club uses a guy who knows his future is secure.

You are reading far much into Wes' quotes. Wes always knew the extension was there, he signed a contract with it on and normal practice says him or the club could take it out. That's what I can tell from the local press and therefore as captain of the club, he had to play negotiator for the rest of the players. I suspect with the willing of people at the club judging from the way week after week, he was wheeled out for pre match briefings and constantly asked by all the media about the contract situation. The topic of contracts was always going to picked on by the press, so no surprise the club uses a guy who knows his future is secure.

And who knows how to respond calmly and professionally.

Has anyone heard what Wes has had to say about the club activating the 1 year clause? Not exactly the same as him signing a new deal is it? Could it be that the club are trying to fend off other clubs by increasing his market value?

Has anyone heard what Wes has had to say about the club activating the 1 year clause? Not exactly the same as him signing a new deal is it? Could it be that the club are trying to fend off other clubs by increasing his market value?

I imagine he was aware of the clause so not much he can say really.

I understand the club may be looking at a new deal anyway, so this buys them more time.

According to today's Mercury, talks with Konchesky are progressing, but have stalled with Dyer.

According to today's Mercury, talks with Konchesky are progressing, but have stalled with Dyer.

I still don't understand why some feel we need up to theminute progress reports on contracts. Not meaning you, but the press in general and those who demand Stringer keeps asking.

I still don't understand why some feel we need up to theminute progress reports on contracts. Not meaning you, but the press in general and those who demand Stringer keeps asking.

Because it's affecting performances on the pitch - don't you understand the thread at all ?

Had we had this all sorted before Christmas we might well be a point or two clear at the top, by now

Oh, hold on a minute.......

Last edited:
Because it's affecting performances on the pitch - don't you understand the thread at all ?

Had we had this all sorted before Christmas we might well be a point or two clear at the top, by now

Oh, hold on a minute.......
:icon_razz

Meulensteen better not read that otherwise he will be after Drinkypoo too!!

Great article and backs up the general view of the lad. I think he is genuinely Prem class and IF we go up this season, I think he'll still be the first name on the team sheet next season.

Having said that, got to give credit to Pearson here (possibly) for developing him into the player he is, because last season he, like a number of others, was not looking like the world beater he does at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669