Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was initially quite angry but now thinking meh, 6 from 9 is a good return. Onwards and upwards...

If Arsenal want to win the league with all of that play acting, then they are welcome to it.

How many games will Simpson miss? Also, any other players rack up too many yellows?

Utterly bizarre that your first response is to apportion blame. That was a ****ing heroic performance.

Two points clear, nice run of fixtures to come, and in a better position relative to fifth than we were before the weekend's game. Life is good.

It's not bizarre at all. we held on despite being a man short then he clatters someone in a position where it was just plain stupid. We're still top and that's great but the task ahead would have been so much easier without that piece of stupidity.

Still top of the league. Need to remember that. Incredible effort, deserved a point, move on.

Utterly bizarre that your first response is to apportion blame. That was a ****ing heroic performance.

Two points clear, nice run of fixtures to come, and in a better position relative to fifth than we were before the weekend's game. Life is good.

It wasn't my first reaction? Simpson doesn't haul Giroud down, the game might go differently but equally, Was doesn't go flying in unnecessarily then we definitely get a point. I'm not saying it wasn't a good performance, but Was in particular was to blame that we didn't get at least a point.

Such a shame to lose it so late but Arsenal deserved it. It was a performance full of heart and effort but Simpson's frankly stupid dismissal left us with a bit of a job on our hands. It was end to end stuff in the first half and and we defended resolutely in the second. You just have to take it for what it is, one game.

MOTM - N'Golo Kante

The ref definitely was scared shitless in that second half.

Such a bloody shame, but have to be positive. Still top. Arsenal acted like twats throughout, bollocks to them. Can't wait to see them lose to Big Sam or something.

Simpson was stupid

he was but the ref only started dishing out cards after he received instructions from the crowd. his two bookings would probably have been a harsh word in any other game. can see why their fans seem to spend 90 minutes berating the referee.

Strangely enough the baby wander off with her mother for the second half. She still hasn't seen Leicester lose a game!!

Arse still have Spurs n Man City to play, as well as champions league.
A draw between spuds n man c would b nice.
Thought the lads were going to hold on, but there we go.
It may even work in our favour :)

he was but the ref only started dishing out cards after he received instructions from the crowd. his two bookings would probably have been a harsh word in any other game. can see why their fans seem to spend 90 minutes berating the referee.

The 2nd yellow on Simpson was necessary. A tug on the arm in a position on the sideline would never normally get a yellow card - he just got all excited and shit the bed and wanted to be part of the headlines. Having said that, Drinkwater got away with a cracking foul which could have been a straight red.

Watched this on a Foxtel App. Obviously runs 30 secs behind. Ozil lined it up and I was already receiving texts from around the world. Felt sick, crushing.

Like HTB says could actually work in our favour. Even at 1-1 the table looked nice though.

94.2 minutes of pleasure - a second of pain - An heroic effort by nearly all the team, but in the end we were masters of our own downfall.
now I will have to listen to gloating Arsenal supporting brother-in-law

According to BBC text commentary Arsenal players did a lap of honour after.

What pathetic ****s.

Normally like to see them do OK in Europe but I hope Bayern absolutely destroy them after all the whinging to the ref from the players and fans in the second half and most certainly Wenger throughout the whole of half time.

My nephew is posting on facebook like they've won the fecking title. I am resisting responding... will save it for the end of the season when they win feck all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669