Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't we be a shit seeded team? Therefore getting a big team and not the champions of Iceland?

Wouldn't we be a shit seeded team? Therefore getting a big team and not the champions of Iceland?

Champions only play champions.

We wouldn't get the champions of Iceland. We'd be getting a team who finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th in their league.

We're much more likely to get a daunting draw against someone like Inter or Roma or Bayer Leverkusen or Schalke or someone like that.

Having had a few days to take it all in… and having watched the ‘unbiased highlights’ on MOTD….!

Can’t believe this thread is still running…!

Despite the Arses selfies and smug delusions, they haven’t won the league yet… and amazingly we haven’t lost it yet.

I think we’re giving the cheating bastards too much credence. Can you see the Emperor Wenger’s new team? All I see is a naked old man desperately trying to avoid the guillotine …and I think there’s a very sharp one waiting for him at ‘the lane’. They won’t get away with that sort of shite for the next 12 games.

Anyway all that matters now is what WE can achieve. Top of the pile, 2 points clear, and no longer favourites…! If you don’t want us to win it from here on then I hear the NHS is doing cut price specials on lobotomies!

Onwards and… well, WINwards! Foxes to feast on roast Canaries. :cool:

Well after a few days off its nice to see my wee post getting some discussion.At least one person recognised the hyperbolic nature of it.

For informational purposes it's not based on what we've done this seaason.It's based on 40 years as a City fan & the crushing disappointments that have categorised the majority of it.
I'm obviously well aware that we can't possibly even play the Icelandic champions.
Exaggeration for the purpose of emphasis is a proud tradition.

My point,as spotted by the higher IQ levels on here,is that a 4th place finish while being the stuff of dreams last August would now be a failure.
I want to win the ****ing league.I'll be screaming myself hoarse from now until May as we pursue it.But anything less than 3rd does in reality leave us open to the whole season ending up as a potential waste of time.I don't want that to happen.
So far from being negative my original post is an exhortation to achieve.

12th place would have been seen as a successful season in August.We've proved to be much better than that.So lets finish the job & make 3rd place an absolute bare arsed minimum requirement.

Big teams do such things so lets be a big team.

That was painful, so painful it's taken a week to read the post match thread. It's made all the worse by the gloating, tweeting, selfie stick waving Arsenal fans over here. Every other sports bar in Brooklyn is a Arsenal bar. The media love in is excruciating, thank **** CNN sacked Piers Morgan - even Spike Lee poses as a Gooner!

Anyhow, as others have suggested this result might just be a blessing in disguise - fuel for Ranieri's belly fire. That extra incentive going into the home straight and achieving something very special.

Meant to have been this

Watch "[NEW ANTHEM] "Gooners and We're Gunning" by Sonny Green featuring Heavy D" on YouTube

Had the misfortune to see them filming this before the match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570