Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus H Corbett. I can't even begin to analyse this kind of horse shit. Please tell me this is the result of several Doom Bars otherwise you should seek medical help quickly.
Surely you judge it from where we are now and the teams we have to play?

He's not making the comment at the start of the season.

These are crazy, crazy days that we have never seen, and it's difficult to know how to react

In the grand scheme of things, finishing 4th would be a simply incredible achievement, eclipsing everything I've ever seen as a lifelong fan

But finishing only 4th from where we are now, and with what we have in front of us, would seem like an enormous kick in the bollocks from a ten tonne elephant and would actually leave me disappointed

That's how feckin' ridiculous the life of a City fan has become

These are crazy, crazy days that we have never seen, and it's difficult to know how to react

In the grand scheme of things, finishing 4th would be a simply incredible achievement, eclipsing everything I've ever seen as a lifelong fan

But finishing only 4th from where we are now, and with what we have in front of us, would seem like an enormous kick in the bollocks from a ten tonne elephant and would actually leave me disappointed

That's how feckin' ridiculous the life of a City fan has become
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

James - "Sit Down".

I still wouldn't see it as a massive disaster, no; that would be mental. That wasn't my main problem with it though. It was the assumption that we'd go out in the first round to an unknown entity. Having beaten Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs et al and sat at the top of the Premier League for so long this season, it seemed like a pretty defeatist and illogical statement.

I still wouldn't see it as a massive disaster, no; that would be mental. That wasn't my main problem with it though. It was the assumption that we'd go out in the first round to an unknown entity. Having beaten Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs et al and sat at the top of the Premier League for so long this season, it seemed like a pretty defeatist and illogical statement.
Those games are played in the middle of our pre-season and they will be by far the biggest games of the year for any team outside the big leagues in Europe, backed by a whole country. Not mentioning we could actually miss the Champions League altogether like Spurs did 2012. The difference between finishing third and fourth is huge IMO

Those games are played in the middle of our pre-season and they will be by far the biggest games of the year for any team outside the big leagues in Europe, backed by a whole country. Not mentioning we could actually miss the Champions League altogether like Spurs did 2012. The difference between finishing third and fourth is huge IMO

Once again, this is a response to a point I didn't make in the first place! I have in no way suggested these games would be easy, or that finishing 4th won't make any difference. I'll reiterate the very simple points I have made in the clearest way possible:

No.1: Finishing 4th is not a disaster in any way shape or form regardless of what has gone before. It would be like winning the lottery and finding out that you have to share the £10 million prize; disappointing yes but ultimately still very satisfying.

No.2: Yes, those games will be difficult and not pretty but it is the defeatist attitude I have an issue with in the original post. The idea that we would lose as a matter of course after the way in which we have performed this season seems ludicrously negative. We have just as much chance of winning said games.

That's it; simple really isn't it?

So your points are that finishing 4th would be a great achievement in the larger scheme of things and we have a good chance of winning against the champions of Iceland?

Yes, those really are simple points. So simple they are pointless. But there you are.

So your points are that finishing 4th would be a great achievement in the larger scheme of things and we have a good chance of winning against the champions of Iceland?

Yes, those really are simple points. So simple they are pointless. But there you are.

Yes. Exactly. I don't see what your issue is. If my points were of so little interest to you then why on earth did you waste time replying?

Instead of taking them for what they were, for some reason you felt you had to over complicate the points I made or completely fabricate new ones just so that you could write a reply.

My issue with the original post was with the negativity and defeatist nature of an expectation that we will lose. You chose to devise an argument based on your own set of opinions which is ****ing bizarre.

By all means reconstruct this post so that you can reply with random bollocks as it seems ingrained in you to do so.

...finishing only 4th would seem like an enormous kick in the bollocks from a ten tonne elephant

That elephant has been up the tree so long, it's beginning to like it. And if does fall out now, it will be so horribly injured that it won't be able to kick anybody in the bollocks. Last thing I heard it was ringing the vet to ask what injections it needs for a European tour.

Yes. Exactly. I don't see what your issue is. If my points were of so little interest to you then why on earth did you waste time replying?

Instead of taking them for what they were, for some reason you felt you had to over complicate the points I made or completely fabricate new ones just so that you could write a reply.

My issue with the original post was with the negativity and defeatist nature of an expectation that we will lose. You chose to devise an argument based on your own set of opinions which is ****ing bizarre.

By all means reconstruct this post so that you can reply with random bollocks as it seems ingrained in you to do so.
****ing bizarre random bollocks? Sounds fun. What did I miss?

Because when someone was obviously using hyperbole to express the point that the overarching feeling of finishing fourth after being top at this stage of the season would be disappointment you told them to seek medical help. That implied to me that you would hold opinions that were just not repetition of what is perfectly obvious to everyone so I took them seriously.

I shall now self-flagellate by venturing into Piers Morgan's Twitter account and scroll back to Sunday

Because when someone was obviously using hyperbole to express the point that the overarching feeling of finishing fourth after being top at this stage of the season would be disappointment you told them to seek medical help. That implied to me that you would hold opinions that were just not repetition of what is perfectly obvious to everyone so I took them seriously.

Nope. I made it clear in subsequent posts that I was commenting on the idea that our loss in said qualification rounds would be a forgone conclusion, something the original post suggested.

Nope. I made it clear in subsequent posts that I was commenting on the idea that our loss in said qualification rounds would be a forgone conclusion, something the original post suggested.
I thought it was obvious that give us a wave never meant "I reckon based on what I've seen so far this season that over two games we would probably lose against the champions of Iceland". He was describing a worst-case scenario and the risk of that happening is a big, big incentive to avoid fourth place at all costs.

Or he maybe he did really mean that in which case I agree he was either pissed or in need of medical help.

Now that is a show of strength that I have no answer for, you magnificent bastard. I salute you.
It was too much even for me. I couldn't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570