Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see Cambiasso and Pearson have a tete a tete? Lad who works for me saw it after the second goal went in and Schlupp was fighting with Hutton.

I find that intriguing because I do not like Pulis, but only because I see him as a more successful version of Nigel Pearson. I would grit my teeth for a manager who achieved by methods that I dislike, but see no reason to remain quiet when a style that I dislike fails.

May I ask, with no intended aggression, what it is about Pulis that you see as so objectionable, but do not see in NP?

I find Pulis to be generally a very boring manager, playing wise, with teams of players who hack and cheat. I'm aware that may just be how he played at Stoke. I have no problem with either his or Pearson's personality in interviews; to me it's irrelevant. People don't object when the team is winning (Mourinho) which says a lot.

I fear that the Pearson 'love in' is very much a Leicester thing and what depresses me most, is that so many on here do not say (as you did, to be fair) that Pearson is good, they issue scare stories of possible replacements.

A case of "The Emperors New Clothes" perhaps.

Did anyone see Cambiasso and Pearson have a tete a tete? Lad who works for me saw it after the second goal went in and Schlupp was fighting with Hutton.

Concerning, ill ask him when he gets in.

Who's given that perceived wisdom? I still wouldn't swap foe Pulis as I bloody hate the bloke.

I'll get behind our Manager whoever it is - as long as they are doing the right thing for my club. The future and success of the club are far more important than whether or not the Manager is liked or hated.

I'll get behind our Manager whoever it is - as long as they are doing the right thing for my club. The future and success of the club are far more important than whether or not the Manager is liked or hated.

I agree and if Pulis or even, Jebus forbid, Redknapp came here I'd get behind them. I'd sooner not have to though!

I am honestly not trying to get into an argument with everybody on TB (although I don't seem to be too far from that! :icon_bigg ) but, you do realise that all you have really said is that you will support a manager that you like?

"A manager doing the right thing for my club", is a subjective view. Presumably were a manager (let's keep this hypothetical) to be disliked by a majority of fans, that would be because he (or possibly in the future she) was perceived to be taking the club in the wrong direction.

So, to summarise, we don't have a replacement suitable enough lined up? But we should Deffo get rid of Pearson now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has dramatically improved thanks to the ignore function, I don't know why I didn't press it into service ages ago. Now I am able to focus on pressing matters relating to tits, sofas and buses.

There is some unfair criticism of NP for yesterday's performance on here. The nature of confidence in football is rarely given the importance it deserves. We've lost three games for every one we've won this season. It is apparent that the players confidence is shot as a result.

In this context, when there is some level of expectation, such as 'Villa being there for the taking', the nervous energy works against the body and makes it virtually impossible to produce the level of performance you want. For example, look at how going behind to Stoke and Palace affected the players immediately afterwards. Their energy and belief totally evaporated in front of our eyes.

You cannot 'manage' out of a situation like this, no matter who you are. New faces that are untainted by this oppressive effect helps. Aside from this, you have to hope for a break where you deliver a result against the odds or get very lucky. NP is trying these things to an extent, they're just not working.

For me, the failure of this season is not what is happening now. I really see no benefit in hammering individual's for their perceived role in each selection, mistake or goal. They're just infected and the manager hasn't got a cure.

The responsibility comes in allowing this situation to occur in the first place. That means, not getting the players fit enough, not being clear about formations and tactics, not being organised for set pieces, not having sufficient Premier League know-how in the squad, etc. Having these things in place enables you to pick up a win or a point where, instead, we've just lost. This is the failure of this season.

Out of interest, anyone wondering if Cambiasso would be up to the job? Playing career coming to an end, knows what is needed to be successful etc. I can think of worse candidates.

Was thinking the same tbh and as much as I have been a fan of PeeStain during his time here, Cambiasso couldn't really do any worse than what we are atm.

Most decorated playing in Argentina's history. Got to be worth a shot even if it is just as a caretaker to begin with.

Hopefully Lako can put in a good word for us and sweeten him up by having his tea ready for when he gets home.

I am honestly not trying to get into an argument with everybody on TB (although I don't seem to be too far from that! :icon_bigg ) but, you do realise that all you have really said is that you will support a manager that you like?

Eh? How on earth do you draw that conclusion? I said if they are doing the right thing for my (our!) club I will get behind them. How do you translate that to mean I would then 'like' them? :102: I do not like Neil Warnock but if he was our Manager and achieved a modicum of success I would be in favour of him keeping his position even though I dislike him.

"A manager doing the right thing for my club", is a subjective view.

Yes, but for the purposes of this debate I would qualify that as meaning a Manager who played entertaining and, more importantly, winning football that kept us in the highest league in the land.

Presumably were a manager (let's keep this hypothetical) to be disliked by a majority of fans, that would be because he (or possibly in the future she) was perceived to be taking the club in the wrong direction.

Not at all. See my example of Neil Warnock. If a despicable **** were in charge I wouldn't like him but if he were doing the business........

Last edited:
Hopefully Lako can put in a good word for us and sweeten him up by having his tea ready for when he gets home.

If i knew what time he was going to be walking through the door that is, touchy subject at the moment.

In all honesty he has suggested that he would be interested in the role, I would be a supporter of the idea should the opportunity arise.

He is clearly the man in charge on that pitch, countless times I have seen him telling his captain (lol) what to do.

In all honesty he has suggested that he would be interested in the role, I would be a supporter of the idea should the opportunity arise.

Have you missed out an "if" between 'honesty' and 'he' or do you have some inside information?!

Have you missed out an "if" between 'honesty' and 'he' or do you have some inside information?!

No "if" missed Spion

Although a disclaimer stating it as complete and utter bollocks would probably be appropriate.

It is obvious that the frustration of many fans being directed at Pearson is because we played so well against Arsenal 5 days earlier with a near identical side but could reproduce that against Villa.

Is that the manager's fault? Lots of simple passes went astray when they were not being made under pressure. The players simply did not play as well against a much poorer team than Arsenal.

Were Villa more motivated because Lambert was gone? Did they simply want to win more than we did?

Whilst generally I am supportive of Pearson, we have competed well in all games except 2 or 3 and 10 games that went against us could easily have gone our way.

I did find it baffling yesterday why he did not use all 3 subs just to mix it up a bit for the last 15 minutes.

His one tactical change to bring on a forward for a centre back, which I am sure most people thought was a good move, immediately backfired on us!

Should it have been Wes off instead of Was?

I did find it baffling yesterday why he did not use all 3 subs just to mix it up a bit for the last 15 minutes.

This for me was the biggest issue. The game was crying out for Albrighton crossing and a bit of pace from Vardy to unsettle them in the last 15/20 minutes.

Should it have been Wes off instead of Was?

In hindsight, of course because I don't believe the Villa player would have had the space to line up his shot with Wasyl still on the pitch.

There is a problem with Westley at the moment. He is our skipper but is not playing very well and is not showing the leadership on the pitch that (for example) Esteban seems to. Nigel seems oblivious to what needs to be done sadly.

Pullis was discussed at length on this forum a few weeks back theres a way to go yet but its looking a shrewd appointment by WBA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670