Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pearson never really wanted to win that game, he made no attempt to win it. I can handle losing as long as we go for it! I cant help but get this sinister feeling, he is picking players he does not want to, but has to because the ones he has shown faith in have fallen well short of the mark. Vardy took a season to get to grips with the championship it will take him at least the same in the prem. De-laet is great going forward, but simply does not have the pace, the same as konchesky. Morgan was a hoof merchant, forest must have been licking their lips when we came in. King I just don't see what he brings to the party, we are effectively playing with ten men, and when he gets possession he kills any momentum as all he does is pass the ball straight back. Schlupp has played well, and is improving, however he can only produce a few good deliveries in a game, not good enough at this level, maybe he will get better and better, the jury is out.Swarcher is baffling the hell out of me!
Cambiasso is real quality he stands out like a sore thumb, I think Pearson must keep playing Ulloa and kranchier up front. We need to play 3-5-2 we are not showing teams enough respect, I guarantee Morgan will be selected Pearson never admits when he is wrong. his arrogance has probably cost him his job. The only way he will keep it, is if we win 6 on the bounce and avoid the drop with room to spare, if we just avoid it he is toast! I don't think sacking him now will do any good! Mark my words though, there will be plenty of managers wanting his job, the club is financially stable with an awesome fan base, with excellent facilities, not like villa, now that was a poisoned chalice!

I will support Pearson to the end, I just hope he goes about it with bollocks!!!!

My argument was more that apparently, by Villa winning, they are now guaranteed to stay up and will have a major confidence boost despite playing awfully themselves. We have had no major confidence boosts from any of our victories or good performances yet apparently this is season turning for Villa.

It's certainly not guaranteed anything for them, they are relying on two or three players being decent and the others gaining some confidence to play well beyond their level. But the win has to be better for confidence than being set up cautiously against one of the worst teams in the league.

The only thing id say about this load of crap was when villa did begin to play better ,why take our best defender off which again left konchestky stranded again and hes playing bloody rubbish anyway .that bloody man pearson has made the wrong disaster again .get the bloody man out ,now .we just cant keep going on like this .its our money being wasted.we cant get a word out of the club, pearson ,susan wealen thats another we want some bloody answers .now

A master class in punctuation.

....we are not showing teams enough respect.......

On the contrary, by our formation and the way we have played, especially at home against the 'lesser' clubs, we have paid the opposition far too much respect.

As we proved back in September, when we go for the jugular we showed we can get a result.

My argument was more that apparently, by Villa winning, they are now guaranteed to stay up and will have a major confidence boost despite playing awfully themselves. We have had no major confidence boosts from any of our victories or good performances yet apparently this is season turning for Villa.

FFS Matt, is that post for real?

You don't think that by Leicester turning up at villa and parking the bus and allowing them to gain confidence by stroking the ball around and ultimately beating us that this alone hands the initiative to villa, really?

FFS Matt, is that post for real?

You don't think that by Leicester turning up at villa and parking the bus and allowing them to gain confidence by stroking the ball around and ultimately beating us that this alone hands the initiative to villa, really?

No, of course it doesn't. They didn't stroke the ball around either, for large parts of the game they were as awful as us. Neither team will take anything meaningful from that game.

Last edited:
No, of course it doesn't. They didn't stroke the ball around either, for large parts of the game they were as awful as us. Neither team will take anything meaningful from that game.

Yes they will, one team, in spite of not playing well won 2-1. The other team however take what from the game?

A win and a game against West Brom seems fairly meaningful.

You cannot truly believe this Matt, its madness.

Villa have been shite, not even able to score 1 goal in most games, we come along and they score 2 goals in front of a new manager, the players who did the business on that pitch will be delighted and relieved to get that win.

We however have another defeat with little reason for optimism, every sports fan knows wins breed confidence, you're just trying to be argumentative it seems.

Full disclosure: I was not at the match merely watching it on the BBC. We were the better team in the first half and Villa in the second. It was a scrappy game in which the team that was higher in the table won on their own ground. No big surprise.

We lost because they had a better goalkeeper than us. Given's save in the first half stopped what would normally have been a goal. Schwarzer's blunder in the second half was a terrible piece of goalkeeping - much worse than the goal for which Hamer was criticised.

With hindsight it was a mistake to replace Wasilewski by Leonardo. I did not think so at the time. Villa's defence seemed too comfortable against just one up front and I thought the change was right. In the long term there is a plus to playing Leonardo. I believe he is better than Nugent, Wood and Vardy - though I believe Vardy is underrated. I have not seen enough of Kramaric to judge. We need Leonardo to get his confidence back and for that he needs game time.

In the past few weeks we have faced two different Villa goalkeepers and both have played brilliantly. The standard of goal keeping among the Premier League teams has been remarkably high - what a pity so few of them are English.

Villa have been shite, not even able to score 1 goal in most games, we come along and they score 2 goals in front of a new manager, the players who did the business on that pitch will be delighted and relieved to get that win.

We however have another defeat with little reason for optimism, every sports fan knows wins breed confidence, you're just trying to be argumentative it seems.

Totally agree Lako, Villa have built some vital confidence and momentum whilst providing the fans with renewed hope and energy. Sherwood has already demonstrated to the players and supporters that he can change games with his tactics, so all in all could be a pivotal result for Villa.

whilst we endure yet another morale sapping defeat, for me Sunday proved it is time for change.

Last edited:

So why did we not gain all this magical confidence when we beat Villa at home? Or drew with Liverpool? Or even had a great, albeit losing, performance against Arsenal? I'm not saying it won't have given them a little bit of a smile, but season defining, definitely going to stay up now, confidence boost? I honestly don't see it and don't believe anyone would be agreeing we had it if we'd won.

This is getting ridiculous! We now have the pro_Pearsonites arguing that Pearson is wrong! Below is a quote from NP. It is taken from the Leicester Mercury but, he said much the same thing during an interview pre-match on the Beeb.

"The financial aspects of the Premier League are huge but the benefits of winning cup games from a morale point of view are very big as well,” he said. (My emphasis)

Of course, winning an FA Cup match has no direct influence upon league position: God,er.. sorry, His boss, Nigel Pearson, says that to win has a big effect upon morale. Can we now put this to bed? :icon_bigg

So why did we not gain all this magical confidence when we beat Villa at home? Or drew with Liverpool? Or even had a great, albeit losing, performance against Arsenal?.

The fortunate result at Hull led to a run of good form. Followed up by a draw against Liverpool, wins against Villa and Newcastle.

It can not be disputed; listening to Sherwood on local radio yesterday, Villa are certainly no longer in turmoil. Realistically they are thinking six wins and they are out of the manure.

Full disclosure: I was not at the match merely watching it on the BBC. We were the better team in the first half and Villa in the second. It was a scrappy game in which the team that was higher in the table won on their own ground. No big surprise.

We lost because they had a better goalkeeper than us. Given's save in the first half stopped what would normally have been a goal. Schwarzer's blunder in the second half was a terrible piece of goalkeeping - much worse than the goal for which Hamer was criticised.

With hindsight it was a mistake to replace Wasilewski by Leonardo. I did not think so at the time. Villa's defence seemed too comfortable against just one up front and I thought the change was right. In the long term there is a plus to playing Leonardo. I believe he is better than Nugent, Wood and Vardy - though I believe Vardy is underrated. I have not seen enough of Kramaric to judge. We need Leonardo to get his confidence back and for that he needs game time.

In the past few weeks we have faced two different Villa goalkeepers and both have played brilliantly. The standard of goal keeping among the Premier League teams has been remarkably high - what a pity so few of them are English.

Sorry but you are sticking your head in the sand. A lot of Emperor Nero methinks. Trying to imply we were unlucky is just not on.

We were simply abysmal. Far, far worse than you are making out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566