Post Match Barnsley 2 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton and Boro both drew their games tonight. Watford beat Hull. Watford were probably already out of our reach though really. 3 play-off places to play for still.
I think one of those will go to Palace, the final two will be between Forest, Brighton and Bolton. I really don't think that we have it in us to claw our way back in to the top six.

Freelance journalist ‏@indykaila2h
#Pearson will get sacked once #Leicester owners find their replacement. Pearson won't resign due to pay off clause in his contract. #LCFC

Total speculation dressed up as insider knowledge. I might set up the twitter handle 'Freelance mong' and tweet gems like "Peason won't leave until he has gone".

Pearson won't resign because like every other employee with the requisite qualifying period of employment he would have to be dismissed for a fair reason, following a fair process. That a cross section of fans want him gone because he "lacks passion" is by the by. He'll hang in there until he is compromised out, and frankly speaking in the same circumstances, who wouldn't.

Total speculation dressed up as insider knowledge. I might set up the twitter handle 'Freelance mong' and tweet gems like "Peason won't leave until he has gone".

Pearson won't resign because like every other employee with the requisite qualifying period of employment he would have to be dismissed for a fair reason, following a fair process. That a cross section of fans want him gone because he "lacks passion" is by the by. He'll hang in there until he is compromised out, and frankly speaking in the same circumstances, who wouldn't.

Yeah, but hang on a minute, I think you're forgetting that he's a freelance journalist. He's like refusing to work for any of the big media outlets. That means he's like a step above just an ordinary journalist, he's unencumbered by corporate agendas that want to hide the real truth from the public or something.
Look at his profile pic as well, for ****'s sake, he's got a press pass stuck in his hat and he's got an actual notepad. That's your guarantee of veracity right there. This kid knows what's going down, for sure.

Is this our biggest defeat of the season?

Let's hope that none of the players have apologies to make after the forthcoming Brighton game. I am sure that if performances are lacking the travelling fans will not be slow to point it out.

It could be a bad afternoon, if we lose then I'm sure plenty of the away lot will believe season over and vent some serious frustrations at the team.

Have the fans who gave the players abuse issued an apology?

Course not. At half-time, they were grown adults screaming obscenities at the players in front of their kids.

Marshall was taking forever to take that corner. The majority of the noise from the away end was telling him to hurry up but I have little doubt there was abuse within the noise (on the LCFC Facebook I've now seen Marshall described as 'scum' and 'I hate him' - charming).

I am not excusing Marshall. Just understanding he made a human reaction to being abused. It was thick on his behalf saying goodbye to a week's worth of wages.

Football fans have warped logic and morals.

Leicester fans last season were happy to throw abuse towards Kevin Nolan and Rob Green last season and then when they celebrated, the fans got on their high horses.

See Liverpool fans and Suarez's racism. The majority defend him all day cos of the shirt he wears once or twice a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570