Post Match Barnsley 2 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood was scoring for fun; not just for a few weeks when he'd signed for us, but for most of the season at Millwall.

I need to be convinced that, if we ever make the fabled land of the Premiership, he will be 'the answer', but I am confused that so many people who want to give Nigel chance after chance, are so quick to castigate a player upon little,or no evidence. He is not better than RVP, but were he so to be, he wouldn't have signed for Leicester. Given the right service, I am convinced that Nugent and Wood can provide the goals in this league.

As to 'being a bad influence', it seems to me, that other managers have managed to contain any problems and it gets a little wearisome to keep hearing that every player that we spoil is "Trouble".

Wood was scoring for fun; not just for a few weeks when he'd signed for us, but for most of the season at Millwall.

I need to be convinced that, if we ever make the fabled land of the Premiership, he will be 'the answer', but I am confused that so many people who want to give Nigel chance after chance, are so quick to castigate a player upon little,or no evidence. He is not better than RVP, but were he so to be, he wouldn't have signed for Leicester. Given the right service, I am convinced that Nugent and Wood can provide the goals in this league.

As to 'being a bad influence', it seems to me, that other managers have managed to contain any problems and it gets a little wearisome to keep hearing that every player that we spoil is "Trouble".

Where has this happened?

I have thought this for a long time. A lot of players come to us with a decent pedigree then go off the boil. You do have to wonder if it is something that we are doing.

I have thought this for a long time. A lot of players come to us with a decent pedigree then go off the boil. You do have to wonder if it is something that we are doing.

I called it at the very start, I just knew that Wood would become a shadow of his former self at this club.

It's all Wood's fault

Him and the fans

And Sky

And probably Marshall's Bentley

Definitely not Pearson, though. No way

It's all Wood's fault

Him and the fans

And Sky

And probably Marshall's Bentley

Definitely not Pearson, though. No way

Marshall has a Bentley? **** off out of here.......... No way.

Still very young though isn't he and he has got better year by year.

All strikers go through dry patches, Defoe being the most obvious example but he'd still waltz into most Prem teams and even RVP has every season apart from last, even now he is 7?? games without a goal so it happens to the very best. Only 2 players can say otherwise, neither of them are really strikers and there's **** all chance we've got of getting them.

Our problem has been, for whatever reason, that all our strikers (and all outfield players) have just nosedived in form at the same time so impossible to blame individual players.

Still very young though isn't he and he has got better year by year.

All strikers go through dry patches, Defoe being the most obvious example but he'd still waltz into most Prem teams and even RVP has every season apart from last, even now he is 7?? games without a goal so it happens to the very best. Only 2 players can say otherwise, neither of them are really strikers and there's **** all chance we've got of getting them.

Our problem has been, for whatever reason, that all our strikers (and all outfield players) have just nosedived in form at the same time so impossible to blame individual players.

Then it is a motivational or confidence issue. A hate fest towards the current management team really isn't going to help that. I guess the only way to improve these sorts of problems is through encouragement and everyone pulling together in the same direction. In a nutshell the supporters of the club need to do some supporting.

Based on the Foxestalk Mong fest of the past few days I am not sure if that is going to be possible.

A bit worrying.

Haha. I found myself getting pretty agitated by the mania on that site. Just seemed as though there were a lot of really angry people who felt they had a right to hire and fire the club manager. You might have an O2 contract but it doesn't mean you have a say in who is CEO of the company.

I am far from happy myself with the way we are going, but I am also not deluded.

I'm almost glad that Nige hasn't been sacked, if only to watch some folk go bat crap crazy.

...In a nutshell the supporters of the club need to do some supporting.

Based on the Foxestalk Mong fest of the past few days I am not sure if that is going to be possible.

A bit worrying.

I'm not so sure it's much different on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566