Post Match Barnsley 2 Leicester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It proves, for those foolish enough to talk about players not caring, that they do.

Really? How does the fact that he has been told (OK, I'm guessing on the 'told' bit but it wouldn't surprise me) to apologise translate into you thinking it shows he cares?

No really, I'm genuinely interested.

Last edited:
Really? How does the fact that he has been told (OK, I'm guessing on the 'told' bit but it wouldn't surprise me) to apologise translate into you thinking it shows he cares?

No really, I'm genuinely interested.

I thought TOF was referring to the reaction to the fans, not the apology. I could be wrong though :102:

I thought TOF was referring to the reaction to the fans, not the apology. I could be wrong though :102:

If that is the case then I misread it and that would rather change my perception of the comment!

Even then, how would his comments show that he 'cares'? He was just giving back as good as he got, that not 'caring' is it?

Last edited:
If that is the case then I misread it and that would rather change my perception of the comment!

Even then, how would his comments show that he 'cares'? He was just giving back as good as he got, that not 'caring' is it?

Can't answer that one I'm afraid Spion.

If he hadn't have cared he would've just shrugged it off and thought to himself "**** you, ya shower of scummers. I'm driving home in my Bentley, you're all catching a train."?
I certainly wouldn't offer it as proof that he cares, but it is indicative

If he hadn't have cared he would've just shrugged it off and thought to himself "**** you, ya shower of scummers. I'm driving home in my Bentley, you're all catching a train."?

He drives a feckin' Bentley ????

It is indeed. Depends on how you define what it is he cares about though.

He 'cares' about being slagged off and therefore responds in kind. Fine.

Does he 'care' that he and his team-mates are letting the supporters down though? That's the kind of 'care' I would like to know that he has.

Does he 'care' that he and his team-mates are letting the supporters down though? That's the kind of 'care' I would like to know that he has.

Does he bollocks, hence the reason he was slowly ambling over to take the corner.

He's looked like he doesn't give a shit all season.

The idea that a professional footballer doesn't care if they win or not is, for the most part, bollocks.

I'd very surprised if the majort of them aren't gutted by the team's and their own form. Whether their motivation comes from wanting to succeed, have pride in their performance and test themselves at the top level or from wanting more money, more fame and a bigger Bentley can be debated, but I'd be very surprised if the majority of players in that team aren't gutted at the thought of missing out on the Premier League after looking like we were headed that way.

Changing form isn't as simple as showing pashun.

The idea that a professional footballer doesn't care if they win or not is, for the most part, bollocks.

I'd very surprised if the majort of them aren't gutted by the team's and their own form. Whether their motivation comes from wanting to succeed, have pride in their performance and test themselves at the top level or from wanting more money, more fame and a bigger Bentley can be debated, but I'd be very surprised if the majority of players in that team aren't gutted at the thought of missing out on the Premier League after looking like we were headed that way.

Changing form isn't as simple as showing pashun.

I'm not so sure actually, I think there may well be a certain section of our players that know they will not be featuring for Leicester City if they were to be promoted. I have to question their desire and motivation after the last 11 games, It has been that shit that form alone does not cut it.

I'm not so sure actually, I think there may well be a certain section of our players that know they will not be featuring for Leicester City if they were to be promoted. I have to question their desire and motivation after the last 11 games, It has been that shit that form alone does not cut it.

It doesn't matter whether they feature or not, they are on a contract that will continue to pay them even if we go up and they never play again. I would also expect them to be on some pretty handy promotion bonuses which, if nothing else, they would care about.

They will all get big bonuses if we do go up, as individuals, even if they have no pride in performance they will still be working to get their hands on the extra cash, the team isn't a team at present.

They will all get big bonuses if we do go up, as individuals, even if they have no pride in performance they will still be working to get their hands on the extra cash, the team isn't a team at present.

I wonder if there is any link between the arrival of Wood and the drop in form? I know he scored a few when he first arrived but within 2 weeks of him arriving our performances dipped. Same with the arrival of Kane.

I wonder if there is any link between the arrival of Wood and the drop in form? I know he scored a few when he first arrived but within 2 weeks of him arriving our performances dipped. Same with the arrival of Kane.

I think we have changed to a more desperate style of football recently which includes hoofing up to the front. I've noticed that the poor lad isn't the best at close control from high balls (headers not included) so unless its played along the ground to him he's not as good. We were playing neat one two passes and getting wingers in behind the full backs laying off passes to incoming players, I haven't seen us do that for a while.

We're severely lacking a quality winger who can beat a man and get a cross in from the goal line.

I think we have changed to a more desperate style of football recently which includes hoofing up to the front. I've noticed that the poor lad isn't the best at close control from high balls (headers not included) so unless its played along the ground to him he's not as good. We were playing neat one two passes and getting wingers in behind the full backs laying off passes to incoming players, I haven't seen us do that for a while.

We're severely lacking a quality winger who can beat a man and get a cross in from the goal line.

I agree recently, but we started just playing badly. I wondered if he had been a bad influence on the dressing room. I tend not to believe Twitter rumours of fall outs but there was obviously a hint of him being benched/injured which may hint at him being disruptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566