Barnsley Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
newton was shocking first half. nearly all of his passes went out of play or to a barnsley player.

Not everytime. I Will forgive some going astray because everyone else just tried to put their foot through the ball. I Think he started almost every attacking move.

personally, after only listening to the game (working) I felt that we played ok. second half could have been better, but, considering the lack of manager, we played well!
It just goes to show how much the players believed in Megson's bollox.
Well done to Collins John for his strike, And a big Thanks to my mate Patrick for his second goal of the season.
IMO Kisnorbo is the best player in a city shirt since the MON days

Hey, we actually played it across the ground a lot more today rather than godawful "long ball and run on to it" tactic Megson played and you, and it obviously worked better.

Hume works a lot better behind the front 2 like he did today rather than up front IMO. It just shows that we do actually have a team who can pass it around rather than just forgetting the midfield and kicking it long from defense each time and hoping our strikers can run onto it

Considering the players we have and the games we've suffered - I was f*cking delighted with that. Two goals, a bit of oomph and no one had a shocker.

There again, like my wife in bed, maybe I'm just easily pleased...

Kisnorbo was outstanding and Newton had one of his best games in a City shirt.

just hope we can hang on to Kisnorbo, when the transfer window opens.

Kisnorbo was outstanding and Newton had one of his best games in a City shirt.

I thought Newton had a good game. Some of his touches and passes let him down, but a regular place in the side will soon improve that.

I wasn't Chambers biggest fan at first and he has been relitively poor so far this season, but I think he's really improved these last couple of games, lets hope it continues.

I'm not a Newton fan, however he did have a good game today, a couple of poor passes in the first half, however looked great in the second half.

Stearman was shocking and should not be playing at this level, seems to have no confidence, no talent and every pass forward goes either out of play or to the opposition! This is why he is now starting to play everything back to the keeper, I say drop him and play Kaebi.

Collins is a good player, chasing everything today, how come he went off injured again?

Defence looked good, Midfield weak, we really need to get some quality in there, and I personally think if the midfield was providing more to the strikers they would bag us enough goals for the playoffs. (Collins & DJ would be my choice with Hummmeeee playing just behind them).

Still not sure about Fryatt, since his goal against Villa we've seen nothing.

I'm not a Newton fan, however he did have a good game today, a couple of poor passes in the first half, however looked great in the second half.

Stearman was shocking and should not be playing at this level, seems to have no confidence, no talent and every pass forward goes either out of play or to the opposition! This is why he is now starting to play everything back to the keeper, I say drop him and play Kaebi.

Collins is a good player, chasing everything today, how come he went off injured again?

Defence looked good, Midfield weak, we really need to get some quality in there, and I personally think if the midfield was providing more to the strikers they would bag us enough goals for the playoffs. (Collins & DJ would be my choice with Hummmeeee playing just behind them).

Still not sure about Fryatt, since his goal against Villa we've seen nothing.
I think Fryatt is short on confidence, he had alot of the ball in the box, but just couldnt get by people.

Last edited:
Well done to Collins John for his strike

From where I was it seemed to be touch and go if his effort would even manage to trickle as far as the goal line never mind cross it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669