Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont really matter who they got. all we have to do is make sure our results are better or equal to southampton or shef wed in the last 2 games and we are safe.

After all the slating of Hume in the past months he has answered his critics...okay hes only scored 2 in 2 but without these two goals we would have been hanging by a thread!

GET IN LADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

3 points away from safety - win on sat and we can set up for another long hard season in the champ.

Last edited:
We needed 6 points from the last 4

We needed 5 points from the last 3

We need 2 points from the last 2

Sheff Wed and Stoke left. Neither will roll over for us. Two tough, tough matches. One win or two draws required.

Both Sheff Wed and Southampton have highly winnable home games to finish the season. Still shitting meself to be honest.

Far from over.

Thank god for that!!

One more win next week and we can look forward to next seasons play off push/relegation dog fight next season.

Michael Parkinson, Brian Glover, Arthur Scargill, Kate Rusby, Mick McCarthy, Dickie Bird, Darren Gough & nathan, the greenkeeper at wavendon golf course, your boys took one hell of a beating.
:038::038:

Both Sheff Wed and Southampton have highly winnable home games to finish the season. Still shitting meself to be honest.

Far from over.

Totally agree with you. The result was great today but i'm not sure whether its gained us any advantage. The fact is that with the games Sheff W and Southampton finish with, a draw next week may not be any good for us. We must win against Sheff W.

Totally agree with you. The result was great today but i'm not sure whether its gained us any advantage. The fact is that with the games Sheff W and Southampton finish with, a draw next week may not be any good for us. We must win against Sheff W.

I am confused! If you mean that it is not a fore gone conclusion that we will stay in the Championship, I would wholeheartedly agree: but, if we had not won and Sheffield Wed lost, next week's game would have been so much harder. A draw next week could see us safe and three points confirms it.
I am fully aware that our beloved club have the ability to mess this up, but can't we be positive tonight?

I've got to say I think we will probably be safe now even on the points we have because I don't see Southampton beating either wba or sheff utd. But obviously you can't take any chances until you are mathematically safe, and you get that by doing the job on sheffield wednesday next weekend.

Sorry BB it has to be. We can all see that without it we would be at a disadvantage to both Sothampton and Sheff Wed. :icon_conf Or am I missing the point? :102:

Blackpool 44 53 -2 58 2-1 v Sheff Wed
Coventry 44 52 -9 50 5-1 FT v Colchester
Norwich 44 52 -10 45 1-2 FT v West Brom
Barnsley 44 52 -13 49 0-1 FT v Leicester
Leicester 44 51 -1 41 1-0 FT v Barnsley
Southampton 44 50 -17 52 0-1 v Burnley
Sheff Wed 44 49 -6 47 1-2 v Blackpool
Scunthorpe 44 42 -24 42 3-2 v Cardiff
Colchester 44 37 -23 59 1-5 FT v Coventry

If we can finally get back to back wins, beat Sheff W next week, we're safe! Come on!

Sounded shit, but results are all that matters now so yesss!

HUMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :038::038::038::038::038: WE MITE NOT BE DOOMED :icon_lol:

Massive result for Cov though. I really wanted them down, and with their 2 remaining games if they had of lost today I think they would have gone down.

Strange statement...it's gained us a massive advantage in terms of how our season finishes! If we had lost or drawn the Wednesday match result and most cetainly the Stoke game would have very different probabilities and possibilities.

Good result, we can only throw it away now.

Ollie, has you have just proven, if you play Hume, play him up front!!!

Didn't really listen to the comm, so can't really comment on the game. Great result though, but it does need to be followed up with another.

I am confused! If you mean that it is not a fore gone conclusion that we will stay in the Championship, I would wholeheartedly agree: but, if we had not won and Sheffield Wed lost, next week's game would have been so much harder. A draw next week could see us safe and three points confirms it.
I am fully aware that our beloved club have the ability to mess this up, but can't we be positive tonight?

What i am saying is that if we went into the Sheff W game on the same points then the objective would be clear.........only a win would do. That would mean the mindset for the game would be purely focused on a win. The fact we are 2 pts infront means that we might accept and take the draw. This imo would be a disaster given that the other teams have very nice home games to finish, and where as i cant see us getting anything from the Stoke game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669