Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, we really stuck to our task to today and showed some bollocks. We had some luck but generally we were good for our win.

Anyway, we really stuck to our task to today and showed some bollocks. We had some luck but generally we were good for our win.

I was down in London and missed it........:icon_cry:

It would have been a lot cheaper for me to go to the match as it turned out

according to the commentary we improved when hayles went up front and hume tucked in behind the front two.

got back from the game about 30 mins ago. i agree with what the commentary team said about hume when he swapped with hayles. when he was upfront he was inneffective for most of the game but when he swapped with hayles he started to play better and obviously scored the winner.

a lot of credit has to go to hayles for the goal because he held the defender off for about 10 seconds before passing to hume to slide in the winner.

well done to the fans aswell we didn't stop singing all game.

got back from the game about 30 mins ago. i agree with what the commentary team said about hume when he swapped with hayles. when he was upfront he was inneffective for most of the game but when he swapped with hayles he started to play better and obviously scored the winner.

a lot of credit has to go to hayles for the goal because he held the defender off for about 10 seconds before passing to hume to slide in the winner.

100% agreed. Tbh they should have murdered us,they hit the post twice and I can't remember us having another shot on target. Still I'm not complaining , we deserved some luck this season.

might i quietly also add , well done ollie. when the team needed a result you gave us one.

100% agreed. Tbh they should have murdered us,they hit the post twice and I can't remember us having another shot on target. Still I'm not complaining , we deserved some luck this season.

same here i can only remember us having 1 shot really all game. i thought barnsleys first shot that hit the post was gonna fly in to the bottom corner also how did there players miss the second chance that hit the post he had all the time in the world.

hayles MOM also david bell was one of our better players.

Just got back from the game!! :038:

Can't believe I actually seen us score and win in the same game!!! IMO all credit has to go to Hayles. He was immense when he came on and full credit to Huuuuuuuuuume for sticking the ball in the net, he doesn't get much praise on here but he shown today what he is worth - he should be one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Howard was disappointing and Stearman was lucky he didn't give a goal away at the start of the second half but can't complain, we should be safe now but not sure if Ollie is the right man for us next season.

Definitely getting tickets for Stoke now! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Was a truly awful game, and they were by far the better side

Howard and Clapham were dreadful

Bell, Hayles and Kisnorbo outstanding

But who gives a shit - three points in the bag. Lovely Jubbly :038: :038:

We won YAY!

But I just wanna say....at the end of the match when
Kissa took his shirt off........
phhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr!!!!!
:055::055:

He was shaking people's hands like some sort of celeb as he walked back to the tunnel as well:icon_roll

Not complaining though, as he shook my hand, someone started chopsing to him who he knew and he didn't let go for aaaaages(ok it was about 5 seconds:icon_roll)

*sigh*

I really hope there's a pic of him shirtless somewhere:icon_bigg

I'm might post about the match when I've recovered from my swooning....

Last edited:
Was a truly awful game, and they were by far the better side

Howard and Clapham were dreadful

Bell, Hayles and Kisnorbo outstanding

But who gives a shit - three points in the bag. Lovely Jubbly :038: :038:

Quite. And what a powerkeg of an atmosphere.

Felt sick in the first half (maybe a burger from the Charcoal Grill was the reasoning of that), second half - a mumbling wreck.

At least there was some effort there....

If only the fans at the Walkers could provide the same kind of atmosphere that we had this afternoon. Just two hours of solid support - even when it seemed doubtful that things would go our way, we never stopped singing - not for a minute!!

And congratulations to the stewards and police who just let us get on with it without any interference. It's just a pity that one clown had to go over the top with his celebration of the goal and get himself ejected - I'm sure it was the last thing that the stewards wanted to do.

And, with no tickets available on the gate, congratulations go to the
police officers who facilitated the selling of spare tickets to those
who were without - and later to the stewards who arranged for the
few still without tickets to pay their £20 and get in. I'm not sure whether Joe_ was among them.

shame the coppers beforehand were telling everyone who got off the coaches that all of the nearby pubs were full up and wouldn't let people wearing Leicester colours in.

For some reason the police looked like they were ready for summat to kick off......

Last edited:
shame the coppers beforehand were telling everyone who got off the coaches that all of the nearby pubs were full up and wouldn't let people wearing Leicester colours in.

For some reason the police looked like they were ready for summat to kick off......

No problems in the Wetherspoons in the town centre before the game - not even anybody on the door when I went in.

Yes but that was in town.

M mate only wanted to get some money from a cash machine so he could pay up for his ticket.was told by coppers where one was, but couldn't walk that way cos he'd be walking through the home fans area:icon_roll another copper told him there was a machine in the Gala bingo, so he went there, was about to use the machine when the manager came out and had a pop at the woman behind the desk for letting a football fan in and said he wasn't allowed in the building as he wasn't a member(He had asked the woman on the desk if he could use the ATM) so he said fine, i'll join up, but the manager so nope, he couldn't join up in a day.:icon_roll

Anyone would think football fans wearing colours weren't welcomed.....

I know I am in the minority here but I believe in Holloway and I think given time, he will get his team right.

I know 99% of so called fans on this site want him sacked, but I do not see the point.

You and I are not in the minority. There are about half a dozen vociferous posters on here who always spin a negative slant on things so that it just feels that way.

I very much doubt whether even 30% of the silent majority who lurk in this forum want him sacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69